• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

J.K. Rowling

What Personality Type is J.K. Rowling?

• Total voters

highlander

Administrator
Staff member
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
J.K. Rowling

You Must Be Registered To Vote

What type do you think she is?

Forever

Permabanned
MBTI Type
NiFi
Enneagram
3w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/so

Jeremy8419

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
ENTJ

We have shared acquaintances.

Blackout

Permabanned
MBTI Type
infp
Enneagram
4w3
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
He took the test and said she was an INFj didn't she?

BTW, what kind of a name is J.K. anyway? what, is it supposed to be like J.R.? as in Tolkien? like it just happens that she has a first name initial like the great one himself? pffft, "equal rights"

JK Rowling is a self-typed INFJ : infp

Mal12345

Permabanned
MBTI Type
IxTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I don't know a J. R. Tolkien.

Punderstorm

Wallflower power!
MBTI Type
INxP
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Definitely an INFJ.

alansarchives

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
1w2
Her 'Silkworm' book (published under the pseudonym Robert Galbraith') thanks 'my editor and fellow INFJ' in the credits, so it appears that JK at least thinks she's an INFJ!

PeaceBaby

reborn
MBTI Type
N/A
Enneagram
N/A
She has self-typed as INFJ and I don't feel any reason to dispute that.

Blackout

Permabanned
MBTI Type
infp
Enneagram
4w3
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I think that's why she's so much more seemingly tradition, or at least on the surface. When I read about her life before, there wasn't anything kind of weird or outrageous about her choices or the life path she followed and also she said she was just like Hermione in school.

Ene

MBTI Type
iNfj
Enneagram
5w4
Here mannerisms, expressions and above all, her jokes, say INFJ. So, I'm going to say that the woman who makes a living writing characters with personality likely knows a little bit about her own.

Gone

I must admit I have never seen any interviews with her or anything, but: How likely is it, that a Fe-aux writes a book series with a main cast that almost entirely consists of Fi-doms and -auxes, with the occasional Te-user? Most people write about what they know well and with what they can identify, don't they? Also, looking at her high-Fe characters: Dumbledore is highly problematic, Grindelwald is even more evil than Voldemort, basically magical Hitler, Peter Pettigrew is cowardice come alive, Molly Weasley favors some random kiddo over her own son, and I don't even need to start about Umbridge, right? Tentatively throwing Petunia Dursley in there, too, I haven't given her that much thought but it seems likely. Lupin is fine, though.
I guess what I'm trying to say is... if she's INFJ, why does she seem to not value Fe at all? Why does she seem to think Fe-users can't be heroes?
Also I see a lot of Ne in her worldbuilding. There are so many shiny and fascinating ideas, especially in the first books, but she doesn't put them to purpose. She doesn't follow through with them. So much unused potential.
Not saying she can't be INFJ at all, but this keeps me wondering.

Forever

Permabanned
MBTI Type
NiFi
Enneagram
3w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Because she's an INFP. She tests INFJ because she has internal dominant judging which probably affected her score.

Siúil a Rúin

when the colors fade
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Enneagram 3w4
She is very conscious of social status and image. She talks alot about herself in relationship to the norm.

I can see why people want to think she has Fi-Ne because of the whimsy and play of her writing. Her demeanor and presentation does feel more J-like, and I agree with [MENTION=16382]Ene[/MENTION] that her jokes feel INFJ. I went ahead and voted INFJ based primarily on her self-typing.

Upnextup

MBTI Type
INFJ
I'm pretty for sure shes an INFP AKA Awesome!

(Also, about testing as an INFJ, that doesn't mean she has to be. I tested as an INFP myself but actaully am an INFJ. :) )

Ashtart

Obliviously Mad
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I'm fairly confident she is an INFP. As for enneagram, I would guess 3w4.