• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Meg Myers

What Personality Type is Meg Myers?

• INFP

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • INFJ

• ENFP

• ENFJ

• INTP

• INTJ

• ENTP

• ENTJ

• ISFJ

• ESFP

• ESFJ

• ISTP

• ISTJ

• ESTP

• ESTJ

• 1w9

• 1w2

• 2w1

• 2w3

• 3w2

• 3w4

• 4w5

• 5w4

• 5w6

• 6w5

• 6w7

• 7w6

• 7w8

• 8w7

• 8w9

• 9w8

• 9w1

• Total voters

Forever

Permabanned
MBTI Type
NiFi
Enneagram
3w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Meg Myers
You Must Be Registered To Vote

A couple of interviews:

[/COLOR]

A couple of music videos:

I have fallen for her. What type is she?

Last edited by a moderator:

D'Ascoyne

Really? :) Why would the possibility be for a T though?

Read her Wiki page - going with INFP. INTP only because the first thing I settled on for her was INxP. I wasn't positive on the F/T until I watched the second video and read her bio.

Forever

Permabanned
MBTI Type
NiFi
Enneagram
3w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Read her Wiki page - going with INFP. INTP only because the first thing I settled on for her was INxP. I wasn't positive on the F/T until I watched the second video and read her bio.

Okay cool. Pretty passionate INFP pop singer. :nice:

D'Ascoyne

She's a sweetheart. Didn't know her before this thread and her music style isn't usually my thing, but I like her.

Just finished the first video interview. Yeah, INFP.

Forever

Permabanned
MBTI Type
NiFi
Enneagram
3w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I'm gonna say she's ISFP. Totally sounds very similar to Sonny Moore and some girl I knew back in college both who I regard to be ISFP's.

I would say she's probably a 4w3

D'Ascoyne

I'm gonna say she's ISFP. Totally sounds very similar to Sonny Moore and some girl I knew back in college both who I regard to be ISFP's.

I would say she's probably a 4w3

ISFP does make more sense. I like 4w3. sx/sp?

Forever

Permabanned
MBTI Type
NiFi
Enneagram
3w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
ISFP does make more sense. I like 4w3. sx/sp?

Her instinctual variants are a little bit hard to figure out but yeah I think you're safe to make that assumption. :)

Crabs

Permabanned
I met her last year in a record store. Monster is still my favorite Meg song.

Forever

Permabanned
MBTI Type
NiFi
Enneagram
3w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I met her last year in a record store. Monster is still my favorite Meg song.

I believe you'd like MSMR - Hurricane as well.

Lyrics:

ObeUploadMe

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
8w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Meg is an INFJ. Don't think so? I'll give you a bunch of reasons why. Tell me why YOU think otherwise. :hi:

Obfuscate

Permabanned
MBTI Type
iNtP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Meg is an INFJ. Don't think so? I'll give you a bunch of reasons why. Tell me why YOU think otherwise. :hi:

want to drop your reasons, or is the disagreement a necessary motivator?

ObeUploadMe

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
8w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I don't consider it a "necessary" motivator. I would simply "prefer" to hear the logic from people like YOU, and not for disagreement sake; rather, as a sharing of thoughts/analysis. I threw this community a ball; give me one of substance to bounce back.

ObeUploadMe

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
8w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Ok, this is for fans of Meg that may be interested in MBTI as well and want to know her "true" type. It is clear that her public persona from 2012 to 2015-16ish doesn't appear to be INFJ. But I met her in 2015, and not just "met her"....I spoke with her at length. It was evident she wasn't an INFP like so many claim she is.

What many do not know is her image was being dictated by shitty Atlantic, of which she hated. They would not let her out of herself, nor her contract, so she came up with a plan: she shaved her head and began being "herself" to try to get out of it, in order to grow into her own ideal, the projected image of her choosing, not one controlled by rich assholes who thought they knew what image would sell the most singles.

And it worked. She was released from Atlantic and signed with 300 Entertainment. She has more creative control now than she ever had. What you see now is Her. If 'Take Me To The Disco' doesn't scream INFJ, you may not know enough about MBTI typing. It was clearly alluded to on her first EP, Daughter In The Choir; then she sort of wavered with Make A Shadow, with the awesome exception of Heart Heart Head (watch the music video), in particular, but not exclusively. Sorry is self explanatory. She wasn't allotted more than a few new songs on her first LP and added old ones! Wtf? Yeah. She was DONE (no pun intended). I spoke to her about this.

She was new to the music industry and learned a lot over the last 7 years. She eventually played hardball and won. No INFP could pull off what she did.

Listen to her lyrics, watch her new stage persona; she is coming into her own as a powerful, in-your-face INFJ: vicious, cold, beautiful, thoughtful, dark and captivating. No INFP could be as she is.

I could get into the typing with anyone willing to go there, but you could also read all about it. Put 2 and 2 together (literally) and you have your answer. I'm an INFJ and speak in abstract concretes, unless provoked to go straight to concrete.

Pionart

MBTI Type
NiFe

I don't really know who she is but from the interviews I just watched INFJ sounds right.

(outward softened process based + inward dryer factual speech)

I might get what you're saying with your reasoning - you're saying she conceived of a creative plan to shift social perception?

ObeUploadMe

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
8w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
[MENTION=22833]Legion[/MENTION]:

I don't know which interviews you watched, but 2017-18 will give you a clearer picture of Meg than ever before. In sum, she was held back by her record company. It's all image. And she was projecting one that limited who she was via contract. She was much more accommodating and Fe (although her Fe was pretty poor bc she resented it) than people notice. As an INFJ, I do too, but I still play the social game, which is all Fe is. SO... one cannot readily rely on any interview/projection prior to the last couple of years to really determine her type. When I met her, she was intense, always locked eyes when she spoke to me, and behaved a million times more intelligently and engaged but detached than she does in interviews until recently. I mean, look at the Jealous Sea video. Hostile, vengeful, violent, angry, cold, mean, pissed off, drunk, fuck you; Se lyrics with abstract concepts. See her in any interview and she was always trying her best to use her auxiliary Fe, and was getting better, but if you talk to her in private, she is dom Ni to the core. Still super friendly, but intensely abstract. Almost to the point where I couldn't follow her, which is rare for me.

In the end, yes, she shifted her social image to better fit who she wanted to be portrayed as. And if one knows anything about Meg, she values honest artistic expression to the highest degree, art that people can relate to and bond with. That's all Fe. But she must have the needed Ni to reach the powerful Fe within to express it.

Pionart

MBTI Type
NiFe
[MENTION=38584]ObeUploadMe[/MENTION]

(I watched parts of the interviews from the OP)

The social game is not "all Fe is". Fe is an objective reasoning process that has a more emotional/holistic nature to it in contrast with the direct approach of Te. As such it happens to be well utilised when processing the social game, as you put it, but it is a much more broad process than that, in terms of its fundamental properties.

Oh, and the method I use for typing people by video is to listen to the qualities of the voice, and this is unlikely to not be apparent in any video of the person, except that they may emphasise certain qualities over others at different times (but there are signals for this, too).

Pionart

MBTI Type
NiFe
A note on the judgement functions (this is off-topic so should go somewhere else but I don't know where to put it).

Thinking is a reasoning process which is step-by-step whereas Feeling is a reasoning process which is holistic (or at least, they are often these things) (there'd be a more precise term than "holistic" but I don't know what).

Ti: a deductive chain of logic - if each part of the chain holds logically, then the entire chain holds
Te: a procedural process - if each step is done correctly, then the end result will be attained

But Feeling is different...

Fi: a web of similarity (for Fi with Ne: associations, for Fi with Se: resemblances). If A is like B, and B is like C, it doesn't guarantee that A is like C, so the underlying form of the similarity manifests across the entire structure
Fe: a goal-directed process where each component feeds back into the others. Any component in particular may fail but this is absorbed into the overall structure so that the goal may still be obtained.

I don't know the equivalent concepts for Fi and Fe, especially Fe. Thinking seems more simple - deductions and procedures. Fe would be highly relevant when considering teamwork because that's a feedback loop between the different components where each works harmoniously with the others to attain a given objective, in contrast with a chain of command where information flows linearly and must be [unknown word meaning correct, done properly] at each step to ensure overall integrity.

The point being that the nature of Fe is more fundamental than its social nature, but it is aptly applicable to that domain.