• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Alan Turing

What Personality Type is Alan Turing?

• INFP

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • INFJ

• ENFP

• ENFJ

• ENTP

• ENTJ

• ISFP

• ISFJ

• ESFP

• ESFJ

• ISTP

• ISTJ

• ESTP

• ESTJ

• 1w9

• 1w2

• 2w1

• 2w3

• 3w2

• 3w4

• 4w3

• 4w5

• 5w4

• 5w6

• 6w5

• 6w7

• 7w6

• 7w8

• 8w7

• 8w9

• 9w8

• 9w1

• Total voters

Jaq

Remember, Humanity.
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I haven't been able to find much information out there about him, but plenty on what he did. I'm thinking he was an INTP, with an enneagram type 6 w 5. I also think his instinctual wing was SX/SO. He did a lot of great work and it's tragic what happened to him. Anyone else agree or disagree with me? Discuss your thoughts about him below.

Last edited:

bilbotook

just some guy
MBTI Type
INFP
I don't know much about him either, but from Imitation Game, he seems like an INTJ. At first he seemed like an INTP in the beginning of the movie

Jaq

Remember, Humanity.
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I don't know much about him either, but from Imitation Game, he seems like an INTJ. At first he seemed like an INTP in the beginning of the movie

If we go off the movie I can also see him as an INTJ.

Jaq

Remember, Humanity.
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Reviving this since I found a documentary on youtube about him. I still think INTP for the real life Alan Turing.

Coriolis

Si vis pacem, para bellum
Staff member
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I actually go with INTP, movie or no.

ThoughtBubbles

Pansexual Primadonna
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Was reading about him today. I am really curious to learn more about him. Maybe I'll find a biography at the local library. I'm definitely going to watch the Imitation Game now! Does the movie take a lot of artistic liberties?

What enneatype do you guys think he has?

Pionart

MBTI Type
NiFe
https://www.csee.umbc.edu/courses/471/papers/turing.pdf

From a brief look, I would think that he'd be an INTP.

He begins with general questions and definitions, then on to describing a game which is a process taking place in real time, followed by a simulation, hypothetical but concrete, followed by a clear Feeling-based paragraph referring to things such as tone and voice, and then to a person being replaced by a machine.

So that seems to demonstrate a Ti-Ne-Si-Fe-Te function order. I could very well keep looking through the document to find corroborating evidence.

Lark

Would knowledge of typology allow you to create a bot which would pass a Turing test?