• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Zak Bagans

What Personality Type is Zak Bagans?

• INFP

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • ENFP

• ENFJ

• INTP

• INTJ

• ENTP

• ENTJ

• ISFP

• ISFJ

• ESFP

• ESFJ

• ISTP

• ISTJ

• ESTP

• ESTJ

• 1w9

• 1w2

• 2w1

• 2w3

• 3w2

• 3w4

• 4w5

• 5w4

• 5w6

• 6w5

• 6w7

• 7w6

• 7w8

• 8w7

• 8w9

• 9w8

• 9w1

• Total voters

Mal12345

Permabanned
MBTI Type
IxTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Zak Bagans

You Must Be Registered To Vote

INFJ - "Sitting on the beach was my release, my anchor that I could always turn to when things got bad. I loved the feel of the sand, the song of the waves, and the allure of the salt water. When thunderstorms rolled in, I would head out to Dunedin beach and watch the water go from light blue and recreational to a mean, dark, sinister attitude that reflected the weather. I don’t know what it was, but watching something turn from docile to dangerous, and watching people leave while I held my ground, made me feel strong. But in addition to my anchor, these moments were also something more to me. Seeing the surface turn gray and creepy made me want to go out into the water even more than when it was blue and calming. As I’d leave the beach behind and venture out into the open water, I’d experience a whole new bag of emotions. Every time my toes touched the water, my nirvana instantly turned into my nightmare. While sitting in the murky water while everyone else ran from the beach was an adrenaline high and my moment of Zen, it also opened darkness in my mind. So you could say I’ve had a lifelong love-hate relationship with the ocean. It’s been my anchor, but not always in a good way." Zak Bagans, Dark World

Mal12345

Permabanned
MBTI Type
IxTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Dark World - "With the shackles of high school tossed aside, I was free to explore the world around me. So where did I go first? Detroit.

"It’s not exactly the windswept Sahara or the Amazonian Jungle, but it was the first step on the road to anything. My father had family in Grosse Ile, just outside the city. I wasn’t there long (about eight months) when I decided to attend college at Western Michigan University.

"Huge mistake.

"Two weeks was all it took to realize college wasn’t for me. It wasn’t the academic work that made me so uncomfortable, but rather the overwhelming feeling that I was losing my identity. All around me I saw people whose goal in life was to commute to work, say hi to Sally the secretary, sit in a cubicle, and pretend to be happy for eight to ten hours a day just for the security of a fixed income. I guess you could say my mentality was like Peter from Office Space (although I would’ve loved to work with Milton and steal his red stapler). There was no risk, no edge-of-your-seat leap of faith into the unknown, no joie de vivre. It just wasn’t me."

Mal12345

Permabanned
MBTI Type
IxTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
[MENTION=8936]highlander[/MENTION]
This same post got six replies within 15 minutes on a non-paranormal typology site. Here, it got zero.

Mal12345

Permabanned
MBTI Type
IxTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
"A big part of being a paranormal investigator is listening to these people and, many times, helping them cope with it."
Zak Bagans (INFJ, "The Counselor")

https://oceanmoonshine9.wordpress.com/four-stacks/
So/Sx

"This subtype is able to connect with others and with life itself, but always with an undertone of volatility and a tendency to dramatize. They are the most involved and connected of the subtypes of Four. They can go from relationship to relationship, seemingly tortured by each one. They are the most driven of the subtypes of Four to express themselves publicly and type Four celebrities are commonly found with this stacking. This subtype has a real difficulty remaining grounded, partly due to the undeveloped self-pres instinct. Although they can appear almost Eight-like at times with their lust for life and desire for passionate experience, they lack the focus of the Eight and the instinctual energy that would keep them grounded. Sometimes alcohol or substance abuse can be a problem. These Fours become more healthy when they learn to control their impulsiveness and focus their energies."

This precisely describes Zak's transition from life before Ghost Adventures to life as a paranormal investigator.

Mal12345

Permabanned
MBTI Type
IxTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
"I’m lucky that I can still seek the closure I need." - ZB

J types seek closure.

Mal12345

Permabanned
MBTI Type
IxTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Here is a powerful passage from Zak Bagan's "Dark World" -

Mal12345

Permabanned
MBTI Type
IxTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Zak's full enneagram type is 4w3>6w5(cp)>8w9 Sx/So. His desire for self-preservation is his weakest trait. His 6 counterphobia is obvious with his desire to always confront danger, that is, his fears. But he is also driven by the type 5's curiosity. He is the vociferous self-declared leader (8) of his group of paranormal investigators, and his ultimate desire is to bring peace to the dead (9) (also facilitated by his INFJ "counselor" traits).

Ultimately, Zak's main type is 4w3 because his original search (according to Dark World) was for identity. And 3 is the wing because he also desires popularity, is ambitious, and has the physical characteristics of the 4w3 type.

Mal12345

Permabanned
MBTI Type
IxTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
The thing that visited Zak as a child:

rat%20thing_zps1gqhyjn4.jpg

Cellmold

Wake, See, Sing, Dance
[MENTION=8936]highlander[/MENTION]
This same post got six replies within 15 minutes on a non-paranormal typology site. Here, it got zero.

Doesn't that depend on whether there is an interest in Zak Bagans and his work? It doesn't have to be a paranormal site for that.

It's possibly down to my enormous ignorance though (which is pretty extensive) but I'd never heard of him till you posted this thread.

Mal12345

Permabanned
MBTI Type
IxTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Doesn't that depend on whether there is an interest in Zak Bagans and his work? It doesn't have to be a paranormal site for that.

It's possibly down to my enormous ignorance though (which is pretty extensive) but I'd never heard of him till you posted this thread.

It was an MBTI facebook forum. The main difference I can see is that people on facebook are notified of new threads while people here are not. The new thread notification gets their immediate attention.

Mal12345

Permabanned
MBTI Type
IxTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp

The show Ghost Adventures doesn't appear in Europe because Europeans are so afraid of ghosts.

Cellmold

Wake, See, Sing, Dance
It was an MBTI facebook forum. The main difference I can see is that people on facebook are notified of new threads while people here are not. The new thread notification gets their immediate attention.

I suppose it's more tightly focussed on a facebook forum. Here if you were to be notified of every new thread, many of which might not be relevant to MBTI or typology in general, it might be a bit overwhelming and spammy...even at low activity periods in the forum's life.

I think there is a forum subscribe option on the forum tools for every section and sub-section on this website, which I think would function much the same way as facebook when it comes to notifications, so the option is there to generate interest. But it does rely upon people wanting to subscribe to a section and get those notifications in the first place. Facebook forums (and I might be misunderstanding this as I don't use facebook a lot so I am assuming you mean a facebook group?) tend to be tied to a specific subject of that group so by being part of it you are automatically being notified of it, essentially joining it is like a subscription in itself.

This being a more traditional forum of sections and a fairly wide variety of topics and areas, which tend to grow organically as more people join and remain...slowly looking for broader spectrums of interest, means that the intrusiveness of new thread notifications about subjects or areas you don't necessarily care for might put people off if it was forced upon them.

Hence the choice. Although maybe it could be made more obvious, so instead of a small 'forum tools' drop down menu it just says 'Subscribe to forum section'.

Mal12345

Permabanned
MBTI Type
IxTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I suppose it's more tightly focussed on a facebook forum. Here if you were to be notified of every new thread, many of which might not be relevant to MBTI or typology in general, it might be a bit overwhelming and spammy...even at low activity periods in the forum's life.

I think there is a forum subscribe option on the forum tools for every section and sub-section on this website, which I think would function much the same way as facebook when it comes to notifications, so the option is there to generate interest. But it does rely upon people wanting to subscribe to a section and get those notifications in the first place. Facebook forums (and I might be misunderstanding this as I don't use facebook a lot so I am assuming you mean a facebook group?) tend to be tied to a specific subject of that group so by being part of it you are automatically being notified of it, essentially joining it is like a subscription in itself.

This being a more traditional forum of sections and a fairly wide variety of topics and areas, which tend to grow organically as more people join and remain...slowly looking for broader spectrums of interest, means that the intrusiveness of new thread notifications about subjects or areas you don't necessarily care for might put people off if it was forced upon them.

Hence the choice. Although maybe it could be made more obvious, so instead of a small 'forum tools' drop down menu it just says 'Subscribe to forum section'.

I don't get why you're focused on subscribing to a thread. On Facebook you can be informed of new threads on your newsfeed, but that can be manually limited to keep your wall from being flooded with notifications. It also self-limits the notifications; if you don't visit that Group then the notifications automatically stop coming, the notifications slow down and eventually stop posting to your newsfeed altogether.

Alternately, one can browse to the Group's wall and simply scroll down the list of threads. Subscribing to a thread is the same here as it is there. You can manually subscribe, or you can post something to the thread which automatically subscribes you to the thread notifications. If you want to stop the notifications then manually unsubscribe from the thread.

Cellmold

Wake, See, Sing, Dance
I don't get why you're focused on subscribing to a thread. On Facebook you can be informed of new threads on your newsfeed, but that can be manually limited to keep your wall from being flooded with notifications. It also self-limits the notifications; if you don't visit that Group then the notifications automatically stop coming, the notifications slow down and eventually stop posting to your newsfeed altogether.

Alternately, one can browse to the Group's wall and simply scroll down the list of threads. Subscribing to a thread is the same here as it is there. You can manually subscribe, or you can post something to the thread which automatically subscribes you to the thread notifications. If you want to stop the notifications then manually unsubscribe from the thread.

You brought up notifications as an important factor to facebook: you directly implied that you thought the notification system of facebook notifies people and therefore draws them in as opposed to here....where it..works almost the same? So the point is you want the notification symbol at the top for messages, quotes, likes etc to also include when someone posts in a subscribed thread?

I guess I can understand that. I was getting caught up in a semantic argument in my head about the word 'notification'. I misunderstood what you meant.

Mal12345

Permabanned
MBTI Type
IxTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
You brought up notifications as an important factor to facebook: you directly implied that you thought the notification system of facebook notifies people and therefore draws them in as opposed to here....where it..works almost the same? So the point is you want the notification symbol at the top for messages, quotes, likes etc to also include when someone posts in a subscribed thread?

I guess I can understand that. I was getting caught up in a semantic argument in my head about the word 'notification'. I misunderstood what you meant.

I'm trying to work out why the same OP attracted more responses on Facebook. I believe it's because the Group notifications feature on Facebook attracts more notice. On this forum I am only notified about subscribed threads. On Facebook I am (or can be) notified about all threads old and new.

The MBTI Facebook group I've been talking about is a free-for-all, excepting spammers. Anything and everything is posted there within Facebook rules. But that's not where I posted the OP.

Cellmold

Wake, See, Sing, Dance
I'm trying to work out why the same OP attracted more responses on Facebook. I believe it's because the Group notifications feature on Facebook attracts more notice. On this forum I am only notified about subscribed threads. On Facebook I am (or can be) notified about all threads old and new.

The MBTI Facebook group I've been talking about is a free-for-all, excepting spammers. Anything and everything is posted there within Facebook rules. But that's not where I posted the OP.

Do you have a link to the group? Or is that against a policy here? I'm not clued up on the rules.

plastic ciel

MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
8w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Asking. I don't remember that much about him, but that's the impression I got.