User Tag List

Poll: What Personality Type is Mariah Carey?

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

First 23456 Last

Thread: Mariah Carey

I see her as a complete introvert. ISFP feels right. I can see 3.
    She seems kind of unaware how she comes off sometimes. (Whether rude or not). Either she throws shade naturally, which I think she does - reminds me of Britney, in this way - it sort of makes them organically awesome, rather than a calculated image a la Taylor Swift (ExFJ). They've taken as many punches as they've given. Maybe more. I always think that is on the side of being 'real'.
    Likes HongDou liked this post

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7w6 so/sx

Quote Originally Posted by MDP2525 View Post
    I see her as a complete introvert. ISFP feels right. I can see 3.
    She seems kind of unaware how she comes off sometimes. (Whether rude or not). Either she throws shade naturally, which I think she does - reminds me of Britney, in this way - it sort of makes them organically awesome, rather than a calculated image a la Taylor Swift (ExFJ). They've taken as many punches as they've given. Maybe more. I always think that is on the side of being 'real'.
    In all fairness, her being ISFP would explain this:

If you listen to like...her really old interviews (talking 1990-91) she doesn't come across as an extrovert at all.

Actually the way she responds to the questions in this video seems pretty ISFP. Very soft and gentle, but does not mince words either and doesn't waste time on tautology. Not saying she's like Prince at all (although it's common knowledge that they were friends) but it almost reminds me of the kind of way he goes about interviews. You can definitely tell whether she feels engaged or not by the question she's answering.

I'm starting to question 3 though - I feel like success to her means more security than affirmation. Her workaholic attitude (in the video I described in the OP) stems fear-based than image-based, because it was never to keep her in the spotlight but to maintain a sense of stability. So I'm tentatively going with ISFP 6w7 for now, although this thread is always open for discussion and I will probably revisit it even more in the future so I'm abstaining from declaring anything definitive.
    7w6 - 2w3 - 9w1 so/sx

有时候有时候 there are times, there are times
    我会相信一切有尽头 I will believe that everything has an end
    相聚离开都有时候 meeting and leaving, there are times
    没有什么会永垂不朽 there is nothing that endures eternally
    可是我有时候 but sometimes I
    宁愿选择留恋不放手 would rather choose to linger and not let go
    等到风景都看透 until all the scenery has been seen through
    也许你会陪我看细水长流 maybe you'll accompany me to watch the stream flow

Likes ChocolateMoose123 liked this post

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    9w8 sp/sx

A very low-energy 3w4 ESFJ with a strong link to 9, possibly.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    9w8 sp/sx

Sigh, 3s can want security too and they can appear anxious sometimes especially if they are 3w4s. ESFJs aren't meant to be 3w4s naturally, so she is going to seem different to how you'd envision a 3w4. She clearly has a lot of issues with image and she is clearly in the heart triad. I know plenty of disintegrated 6w7s and she isn't it.

"I'm not a Broadway type of person," she said. "I'm something of an introvert, who is happiest when I'm creating in my own little world in the studio. I'm not into performing. I have to make myself do it because it comes with the territory."

- M. Carey

POP MUSIC; The Pop-Gospel According To Mariah Carey - The New York Times

MBTI
    ANFJ
    Enneagram
    8v7 sx
    Socionics
    EIIE None

I don't know whether Mariah Carey is an ISFP, ESFP, INFP, or ENFP, but I do know she is more of a feeler than a thinker because of how her songwriting resonates with her feeling tendency instead of the songwriting being about impersonal ideas/facts and that she impulsively skipped classes in high school, she feeds off excitement and adventure more than being organized and staying in one place (so, not a judging personality type and also why she probably skipped classes in high school and preferred being in music studios because they let her escape an organized education system structure that deals with deadlines for grades), and that she writes and sings about things like she is involved in both reality and an imagination. She sang about harsh reality, but then she sang about a dreamlover. So, I am only sure she can be an ISFP, ESFP, INFP, or ENFP.

ESE-Fe 2w3 so/sx

See below resources for VI and Kinesthetic proofs.
    Click here for my 2500+ Enneagram Type List to type yourself and others with. It's the only valid breakdown for every enneagram type, wing and stack.

Click here for the only valid visual typing model of stackings on earth and socionics.
    Click here for enneagram type descriptions as a supplement to the only valid breakdown for every type, wing and stack.
    Click here for my typings of 100+ fictional exemplars and here for my typings of 90+ typology central members.

Mariah Carey loves money more than love. What does that make her?

Permabanned

Moleiah Carey

Quote Originally Posted by phobik View Post
    Moleiah Carey
    Over time, Phobik, you have become hostile and insulting. I have given you a lot of rope, but you have come to the end of your tether. So with regret I put you on Ignore.