• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Mariah Carey

What Personality Type is Mariah Carey?

• INFJ

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • ENFP

• INTP

• INTJ

• ENTP

• ENTJ

• ISFP

• ISFJ

• ISTP

• ISTJ

• ESTP

• ESTJ

• 1w9

• 1w2

• 2w1

• 2w3

• 3w2

• 4w3

• 4w5

• 5w4

• 5w6

• 6w5

• 6w7

• 7w6

• 7w8

• 8w9

• 9w1

• Total voters

windoverlake

MBTI Type
INFJ
I hardly know a thing about Mariah Carey in spite of her overwhelming(?) popularity for the last couple of decades. The only thing I can contribute with a sense of confidence is that she seems quite obviously e3. I'm not ready to write off a 2 wing...still I'm thinking Rex probably got it right with 3w4. For MBTI, she's always given me an ESFJ feel.

I'm going with ESFJ 3w4

Yes, I agree with ESFJ 3w4. 3w4 was most obvious to me. Her stacking is tricky. She has a presence on screen, but I don't know if she's an sx-dom. She can be intense, but her focus feels a lot broader to me. What about so/sx?

windoverlake

MBTI Type
INFJ
I just realized don't people usually type Whitney Houston the exact same way? :thinking: Maybe that could explain why they clicked so quickly.

When Mariah gets choked up at the end I just... :cry:

Whitney Houston is an sx-dom: sx/sp or sx/so. I'm going with sx/so just based on how she lived her life.

HongDou

navigating
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
Whitney Houston is an sx-dom: sx/sp or sx/so. I'm going with sx/so just based on how she lived her life.

I think Whitney was a clear sx/so but that's just me. :shrug: But since we're talking about Whitney/Mariah parallels, Mariah's been rumored to have problems with alcohol since like 1999 so there's that. I love her regardless though.

Yes, I agree with ESFJ 3w4. 3w4 was most obvious to me. Her stacking is tricky. She has a presence on screen, but I don't know if she's an sx-dom. She can be intense, but her focus feels a lot broader to me. What about so/sx?

I'm starting to see 3w4 after [MENTION=4945]EJCC[/MENTION] pointed out that all the stuff I initially saw as Fi could be due to 4-influence instead. However I still think the other type still on the table for her could be 6w7 from basically the stuff [MENTION=17697]small.wonder[/MENTION] and I talked about earlier in the thread. But 3 and 6 are joined at (dis)integration points so it's hard to tell.

plastic ciel

MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
8w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
isfp. She just doesn't seem extroverted to me

Hawthorne

corona
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
My first thought was 3w2 but 3w4 works too.

Masokissed

Spoiled Brat 🍒
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
ISFP or ESFJ.

HongDou

navigating
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
New quote from one of her friends Lee Daniels (he worked with her on Precious):

“She is very fragile, and she has been through a lot,” Daniels said. “She has been used, she has been abused…. Some people don’t have that Teflon sort of thing that I do, so she masks it with this coquettish thing that is hiding her nervousness and her pain and her own family’s abuse to her. She is misunderstood.”

ISFP or ESFJ.

Ugh, I feel like the above quote could apply to either.

I'm still leaning towards ESFJ because she never really instigates any drama of her own (rather she responds to what others throw at her), but I'm reconsidering 6w7 as an option for her now. She's definitely somewhere along the SF spectrum for sure though and I feel like any one of them could apply to her on some level.

ChocolateMoose123

Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I see her as a complete introvert. ISFP feels right. I can see 3.
She seems kind of unaware how she comes off sometimes. (Whether rude or not). Either she throws shade naturally, which I think she does - reminds me of Britney, in this way - it sort of makes them organically awesome, rather than a calculated image a la Taylor Swift (ExFJ). They've taken as many punches as they've given. Maybe more. I always think that is on the side of being 'real'.

HongDou

navigating
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
I see her as a complete introvert. ISFP feels right. I can see 3.
She seems kind of unaware how she comes off sometimes. (Whether rude or not). Either she throws shade naturally, which I think she does - reminds me of Britney, in this way - it sort of makes them organically awesome, rather than a calculated image a la Taylor Swift (ExFJ). They've taken as many punches as they've given. Maybe more. I always think that is on the side of being 'real'.

In all fairness, her being ISFP would explain this:

vxOGmM4Ol04SxE_sGpjhd2daPEE

If you listen to like...her really old interviews (talking 1990-91) she doesn't come across as an extrovert at all.

Actually the way she responds to the questions in this video seems pretty ISFP. Very soft and gentle, but does not mince words either and doesn't waste time on tautology. Not saying she's like Prince at all (although it's common knowledge that they were friends) but it almost reminds me of the kind of way he goes about interviews. You can definitely tell whether she feels engaged or not by the question she's answering.

I'm starting to question 3 though - I feel like success to her means more security than affirmation. Her workaholic attitude (in the video I described in the OP) stems fear-based than image-based, because it was never to keep her in the spotlight but to maintain a sense of stability. So I'm tentatively going with ISFP 6w7 for now, although this thread is always open for discussion and I will probably revisit it even more in the future so I'm abstaining from declaring anything definitive.

misfortuneteller

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
A very low-energy 3w4 ESFJ with a strong link to 9, possibly.

misfortuneteller

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Sigh, 3s can want security too and they can appear anxious sometimes especially if they are 3w4s. ESFJs aren't meant to be 3w4s naturally, so she is going to seem different to how you'd envision a 3w4. She clearly has a lot of issues with image and she is clearly in the heart triad. I know plenty of disintegrated 6w7s and she isn't it.

shinedowness

MBTI Type
ANFJ
Enneagram
8v7
Instinctual Variant
sx
I don't know whether Mariah Carey is an ISFP, ESFP, INFP, or ENFP, but I do know she is more of a feeler than a thinker because of how her songwriting resonates with her feeling tendency instead of the songwriting being about impersonal ideas/facts and that she impulsively skipped classes in high school, she feeds off excitement and adventure more than being organized and staying in one place (so, not a judging personality type and also why she probably skipped classes in high school and preferred being in music studios because they let her escape an organized education system structure that deals with deadlines for grades), and that she writes and sings about things like she is involved in both reality and an imagination. She sang about harsh reality, but then she sang about a dreamlover. So, I am only sure she can be an ISFP, ESFP, INFP, or ENFP.

Tomb1

ESE-Fe 2w3 so/sx

See below resources for VI and Kinesthetic proofs.

Mole

Permabanned
Mariah Carey loves money more than love. What does that make her?

Mole

Permabanned
Moleiah Carey

Over time, Phobik, you have become hostile and insulting. I have given you a lot of rope, but you have come to the end of your tether. So with regret I put you on Ignore.