• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Russell Brand

What Personality Type is Russell Brand?

• INFJ

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • INTP

• INTJ

• ENTJ

• ISFP

• ISFJ

• ESFJ

• ISTP

• ISTJ

• ESTP

• ESTJ

• 1w9

• 1w2

• 2w1

• 2w3

• 3w2

• 4w3

• 4w5

• 5w4

• 5w6

• 6w5

• 8w7

• 8w9

• 9w8

• 9w1

• Total voters

AgentF

Unlimited Dancemoves ®
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
What is a paint pot?

the world of imagined realities, where reason softly strokes its 'stache while naked singularities serve existential flambé to a swarm of @.

Lightyear

So now the question is of course, what type is Katy Perry?

Can we blame their relationship meltdown on their MBTI types? :)

Or at least try?

Lady_X

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I disagree that he loses energy.
And what are his principles? They are about connectedness, spirituality, transcendency, higher meaning, becoming a better person, authenticity. Could he be more NF?

Paxman (the interviewer) is pure NT. Watch how Brand, desperate for acceptance and approval flirts with him, defers to him, tries to establish common ground. This wasn't sparring. It was seduction. I've never seen Paxman so charmed. I've never seen him go so easy on an interviewee.

I actually prefer to watch Brand interviewed than perform. He often goes too far for my liking. His charm lies in his childlike wonder and sincerity and guilelessness, but he has no filters. Especially early in his career, he was a great example of pure Ne unfettered by introverted Judgement. No sense of appropriate boundaries. Just this hunger to connect and to penetrate, mentally, emotionally, physically. Quite scary, albeit mesmerising. I would not want to be in a room with that kind of energy though.

Also (below) notice how he tunes into his "victim" to the extent that he somehow intuits that her boyfriend is a sailor. This is pure, spooky, NF mindfuckery. But he really had not learned how to reign it in and use it responsibly at that point. He was too drunk on his own charisma and the high he gets from seducing an audience.
(Also crack, no doubt)

His fascination, not to say obsession, with the profane is very NF too.

That's hilarious! Totally enfp haha

Lady_X

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
It's because I think of NF as more brooding than explicitly profane. There may develop a fascination or obsession with the dark side of existence, but it's not something the NF advertises. Are you saying the ENFP may be more overt about it?

I don't think you know any enfps intimately then.

Very profane... Often very twisted sense of humor... Because ideas are harmless... We can see the funny in the fucked up... Just as an idea.

Mal12345

Permabanned
MBTI Type
IxTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I don't think you know any enfps intimately then.

Very profane... Often very twisted sense of humor... Because ideas are harmless... We can see the funny in the fucked up... Just as an idea.

So what do you think of Brand's off-camera bad-boy behavior vs. your ENFP call?

Lady_X

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
So what do you think of Brand's off-camera bad-boy behavior vs. your ENFP call?

I don't know a ton about him or what "bad boy" behavior you're referencing but the idea that that somehow implies he's not enfp makes no sense to me as an enfp... Who actually knows quite a few other enfps pretty intimately.

Mal12345

Permabanned
MBTI Type
IxTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I don't know a ton about him or what "bad boy" behavior you're referencing but the idea that that somehow implies he's not enfp makes no sense to me as an enfp... Who actually knows quite a few other enfps pretty intimately.

You have mistaken my intentions as sinister. I'm talking about his self-avowed sex addiction, that's not to say that this contradicts the ENFP idea at all. He is also a former heroin addict. I'm only asking how these issues mesh with the idea that he's an ENFP, who talks one line - God, love, togetherness - and does yet another.

Lady_X

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
You have mistaken my intentions as sinister. I'm talking about his self-avowed sex addiction, that's not to say that this contradicts the ENFP idea at all. He is also a former heroin addict. I'm only asking how these issues mesh with the idea that he's an ENFP, who talks one line - God, love, togetherness - and does yet another.

I didn't take anything you said as sinister or even slightly negative. I'm just trying to understand your reasoning. I just don't see anything remotely contradictory there.

We must view addicts or spirituality very differently.

Mal12345

Permabanned
MBTI Type
IxTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I didn't take anything you said as sinister or even slightly negative. I'm just trying to understand your reasoning. I just don't see anything remotely contradictory there.

We must view addicts or spirituality very differently.

And I said it wasn't contradictory. But since his statements about God and spirituality were used to diagnose the Fi, that at least is not different from his personality but is part of it. Why not say the same about his addictions?

Lady_X

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
And I said it wasn't contradictory. But since his statements about God and spirituality were used to diagnose the Fi, that at least is not different from his personality but is part of it. Why not say the same about his addictions?

Pardon my eloquence but huh?

Haha no seriously wth are you talking about? Is anyone typing him by his addictions?

Mal12345

Permabanned
MBTI Type
IxTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Pardon my eloquence but huh?

Haha no seriously wth are you talking about? Is anyone typing him by his addictions?

Not by his addictions, but by the kind of addictive -non-Fi - lifestyle this entails.

Have you seen any threads on MBTI dual types and tritypes on this forum?

Lady_X

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Not by his addictions, but by the kind of addictive -non-Fi - lifestyle this entails.

Have you seen any threads on MBTI dual types and tritypes on this forum?

Why do you think addictions are non fi?

Ne alone can get you into all sorts of trouble a 7w8 even more so IMO. Sitting atop the exciting ne adventure train screaming for more... It can be a very wild uninhibited experience.

I get it... My thoughts run there but I think my six wing goes wait maybe not.

And heroine could very well be a sort of self medicating thing.. Trying to calm it down... Stop the manic thought energy... It is as you know one of the most addictive substance because most who've tried it would say it feels like the best thing ever...

I wouldn't know... I do however know that it would be a horrible idea for me to ever find out.

Also... There have been many enfp addicts... I'm not sure why that's even a question.

Mal12345

Permabanned
MBTI Type
IxTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Why do you think addictions are non fi?

Not addictions, but as I said, the addictive lifestyle. Or call it the party lifestyle. Or whatever.

Ne alone can get you into all sorts of trouble a 7w8 even more so IMO. Sitting atop the exciting ne adventure train screaming for more... It can be a very wild uninhibited experience.

I get it... My thoughts run there but I think my six wing goes wait maybe not.

And heroine could very well be a sort of self medicating thing.. Trying to calm it down... Stop the manic thought energy... It is as you know one of the most addictive substance because most who've tried it would say it feels like the best thing ever...

I wouldn't know... I do however know that it would be a horrible idea for me to ever find out.

Also... There have been many enfp addicts... I'm not sure why that's even a question.

It's not a question that anybody of any type can be an addict. But the MBTI speaks to lifestyle among other things.

Ivy

Strongly Ambivalent
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
I'm really not picking up what you're laying down, Mal+. I would think ENFPs would be the spokesmodels for the party lifestyle. I guess behind ESFP, but not far behind.

Lady_X

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Yeah what ivy said... It just seems like you don't understand enfps very well.
I don't mean that all sinister like or anything... It just seems like you have the wrong impression.

Steven Tyler... Major partier for years...robin Williams and Craig ferguson too
My dad... My sister... These other two enfps I know....lots of people mal

You can be fi and like to party. :/

Mal12345

Permabanned
MBTI Type
IxTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I'm really not picking up what you're laying down, Mal+. I would think ENFPs would be the spokesmodels for the party lifestyle. I guess behind ESFP, but not far behind.

ESFP and ESTP. I just don't see the ENFP type that way. But Russell Brand is so very extraverted that I want to make a case for dual ownership of ENFP and ESTP with him. Se is a sensualist or sensationalist type and is more the addictive style. I already considered a tertiary function for him but I couldn't get it to make sense for Russell. I think he has some Ti auxiliary because there is a logical structure to all his thinking that I recognize. I also believe he has two dominants, Ne and Se.

I'm just trying to explain the whole package and not the parts that shine forth in one interview.

Ivy

Strongly Ambivalent
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
I'm not going by that one interview either.. I've read his books. I don't see a lot of Se with him. He does (or did, in the case of drugs) a lot of sex+drug stuff but it's always described as trying to fill an emotional hole, not sheer sensation-seeking. I don't really think of him as an "if it feels good do it" SP type. More of a "I do things that feel good for a reason, and I'm going to explore the reasoning and ethical framework that causes me to do these things" NF type. I honestly can't see NT in him at all- his Ne ideas are largely people-centered and ethics-centered ideas, not disembodied NT "universe" ideas. He is an anarchist and Hare Krishna, for pete's sake.

"The sincere aspect of my attendance to these carnivals of disobedience is my instinctive mistrust of authority and innate belief that whilst we are different we are all equal and have a social culpability to care for every member of our society."

"One of the consequences of consumerism has been the commodification not only of commercial durables and consumer items, but also of our own emotions and desires."

Those quotes are SO NF it hurts.

citizen cane

ornery ornithologist
MBTI Type
BIRD
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp
I think I've seen a couple different sources type him as ESTP. Not sure what I think about that.