• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Russell Brand

What Personality Type is Russell Brand?

• INFJ

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • INTP

• INTJ

• ENTJ

• ISFP

• ISFJ

• ESFJ

• ISTP

• ISTJ

• ESTP

• ESTJ

• 1w9

• 1w2

• 2w1

• 2w3

• 3w2

• 4w3

• 4w5

• 5w4

• 5w6

• 6w5

• 8w7

• 8w9

• 9w8

• 9w1

• Total voters

Cellmold

Wake, See, Sing, Dance
Yeah im going with ENFP as well.

If anyone here actually saw his program when he went to America and there was a little incident when he was giving money to a bunch of homeless people and then this man walked up and had a go at him because apparantly; he was in charge of this area and these people, saying they were crack-heads and Russell was just giving them more fuel for their habit.

Now his reaction to this was completely Fi. He was rankled at the idea of this 'fat sweatball' walking up and throwing his weight around when he was just trying to connect with what he saw as lost people on the fringe of society. I imagine he could also relate because of his past drug problems.

The point being that reaction is very much the social injustice face of Fi, the social injustice here being the one of common humanity and decency, rather than one of social rules.

A lot of people seem to like him though, my opinion is basically meh as im not bothered either way, but I wouldn't be lying if I said I have wondered myself what his appeal is?

I suppose it might just be that his top two functions are ones which are either low for me, (Ne), or a shadow, (Fi). But it's all about different tastes, so I cant complain.

Ivy

Strongly Ambivalent
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
The way he uses his hands to illustrate when he's Ne-ing in those clips is so interesting. He's sitting still, but you get the impression of a buzz of energy just crackling there, like he's spitting little pieces of himself out into the world. He's like human popcorn.

Ivy

Strongly Ambivalent
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
It's also interesting how he describes himself as a child- he sounds really introverted (and that was the impression I got reading My Booky Wook, too). Goes to show you can't really accurately judge a child's type (not even to whatever meagre degree you can judge an adult's type). I always chuckle when people insist that their kids are this or that type. And I've done it too- Thing 1 seemed really extroverted as a small child but now that she's becoming a teenager her introversion is showing. Maybe she'll be an extrovert yet, but right now, not so much.

Eugene Watson VIII

Senor Membrae
MBTI Type
xxxP
Enneagram
?
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Ill agree with ENFP. I saw tom hanks typed as ENTP as well. I didn't really believe it at first until I started watching his videos of a younger him, so

Lightyear

BLIMEY.
Abstract hyperbolic intelligent waffle. He is a twat, but i like him.

Exactly my reaction. I like him far more than I probably should, he is just one brilliant explosion of Ne, I am sure he was an awesome child. Can't decide if he is an ENFP or an ENTP though.

This will probably be the funniest thing you see today:

And that is a bit mean but the part at 1:12 ("no is the answer to that rhetorical question...") just makes me laugh every single time:

Mal12345

Permabanned
MBTI Type
IxTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp

ENTP Russell Brand says he observes his babies like "a scientist."

"At first they were boring. They were essentially little 'fluid factories' generating fluids. No regard for what I was wearing. Now they're interesting; they smile, they look at me and wonder. And sometimes they get sad. I'm just observing them like I'm a scientist, so I can learn from them."

Mal12345

Permabanned
MBTI Type
IxTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
"ENTPs are fluent conversationalists, mentally quick, and enjoy verbal sparring with others. They love to debate issues, and may even switch sides sometimes just for the love of the debate. When they express their underlying principles, however, they may feel awkward and speak abruptly and intensely."
http://www.personalitypage.com/ENTP.html

You can clearly see this in the first video when Russell Brand is asked about his religious beliefs. Skip forward to 13:30. Contrast this speech from just before when he was rambling on about consumerism; now he suddenly slows down, loses energy, and becomes more pensive in an introverted mode of thinking in terms of "underlying principles" (see above) that comes out rather awkwardly.

Lady_X

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp

ENTP Russell Brand says he observes his babies like "a scientist."

"At first they were boring. They were essentially little 'fluid factories' generating fluids. No regard for what I was wearing. Now they're interesting; they smile, they look at me and wonder. And sometimes they get sad. I'm just observing them like I'm a scientist, so I can learn from them."

I get how that might confuse a non ne Dom... But I think we all feel like scientists. Nefi studies people like a scientist of human behavior.

Salomé

meh
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
You can clearly see this in the first video when Russell Brand is asked about his religious beliefs. Skip forward to 13:30. Contrast this speech from just before when he was rambling on about consumerism; now he suddenly slows down, loses energy, and becomes more pensive in an introverted mode of thinking in terms of "underlying principles" (see above) that comes out rather awkwardly.
I disagree that he loses energy.
And what are his principles? They are about connectedness, spirituality, transcendency, higher meaning, becoming a better person, authenticity. Could he be more NF?

Paxman (the interviewer) is pure NT. Watch how Brand, desperate for acceptance and approval flirts with him, defers to him, tries to establish common ground. This wasn't sparring. It was seduction. I've never seen Paxman so charmed. I've never seen him go so easy on an interviewee.

I actually prefer to watch Brand interviewed than perform. He often goes too far for my liking. His charm lies in his childlike wonder and sincerity and guilelessness, but he has no filters. Especially early in his career, he was a great example of pure Ne unfettered by introverted Judgement. No sense of appropriate boundaries. Just this hunger to connect and to penetrate, mentally, emotionally, physically. Quite scary, albeit mesmerising. I would not want to be in a room with that kind of energy though.

Also (below) notice how he tunes into his "victim" to the extent that he somehow intuits that her boyfriend is a sailor. This is pure, spooky, NF mindfuckery. But he really had not learned how to reign it in and use it responsibly at that point. He was too drunk on his own charisma and the high he gets from seducing an audience.
(Also crack, no doubt)

His fascination, not to say obsession, with the profane is very NF too.

AgentF

Unlimited Dancemoves ®
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
this is no NT.

ENFP. he's got the "ENFP astigmatism", the smile that reacts to Ne before it's been expressed or externalized, and that inner NF paint pot.

Mal12345

Permabanned
MBTI Type
IxTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I get how that might confuse a non ne Dom... But I think we all feel like scientists. Nefi studies people like a scientist of human behavior.

What do you think about his behavior, both on camera and off, in terms of MBTI type?

Mal12345

Permabanned
MBTI Type
IxTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
this is no NT.

ENFP. he's got the "ENFP astigmatism", the smile that reacts to Ne before it's been expressed or externalized, and that inner NF paint pot.

What is a paint pot?

Mal12345

Permabanned
MBTI Type
IxTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
And what are his principles? They are about connectedness, spirituality, transcendency, higher meaning, becoming a better person, authenticity. Could he be more NF?

Paxman (the interviewer) is pure NT. Watch how Brand, desperate for acceptance and approval flirts with him, defers to him, tries to establish common ground. This wasn't sparring. It was seduction. I've never seen Paxman so charmed. I've never seen him go so easy on an interviewee.

I actually prefer to watch Brand interviewed than perform. He often goes too far for my liking. His charm lies in his childlike wonder and sincerity and guilelessness, but he has no filters. Especially early in his career, he was a great example of pure Ne unfettered by introverted Judgement. No sense of appropriate boundaries. Just this hunger to connect and to penetrate, mentally, emotionally, physically. Quite scary, albeit mesmerising. I would not want to be in a room with that kind of energy though.

Also (below) notice how he tunes into his "victim" to the extent that he somehow intuits that her boyfriend is a sailor. This is pure, spooky, NF mindfuckery. But he really had not learned how to reign it in and use it responsibly at that point. He was too drunk on his own charisma and the high he gets from seducing an audience.
(Also crack, no doubt)

His fascination, not to say obsession, with the profane is very NF too.

I've never heard of an obsession with the profane being very NF.

It sounds like people use a lot of Kiersey these days, as well as JCF (Fi 'values' in this case). Kiersey NF also desires and values self-improvement, but that is too weak a word for it. It is more likely self-transcendence.

Does "Ne unfettered by introverted Judgement" mean he had poor judgment? Isn't that a trait of Perceptives anyway? It means he had poor external judgment (he came off as boorish or whatever). Fi does not fetter Ne, it informs Ne like a good angel sitting on his right shoulder whispering admonishments in his ear about his behavior.

Qlip

Post Human Post
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx

That's so true. That's like the best part of having kids, studying developing behaviour. I always have more than a couple human expiriments going on.

Ivy

Strongly Ambivalent
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
I've never heard of an obsession with the profane being very NF.

It certainly can be. NFs aren't all sunshine and roses. (Well- some are. Others not so much- including some probably mistyped NTs who thought because they were obsessed with the profane that they couldn't be NFs.)

Mal12345

Permabanned
MBTI Type
IxTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
And what are his principles?

I was waiting for someone to mention that. But what do you mean he doesn't lose energy? He certainly becomes more careful and thoughtful, the exact opposite of what he was. Let me put it differently then. He doesn't lose energy, he actually requires more energy while discussing a realm of ideas that is not in the public view because he doesn't normally or habitually put it out there for people to see. It requires much less use of energy discussing things he is more comfortable with putting out there for show.

Qlip

Post Human Post
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
It certainly can be. NFs aren't all sunshine and roses. (Well- some are. Others not so much- including some probably mistyped NTs who thought because they were obsessed with the profane that they couldn't be NFs.)

I've talked with members here about many current typed male ENTPs being actually ENFPs. I noticed earlier in the history of the forum there were more than a few bombastic ENFP males.

Mal12345

Permabanned
MBTI Type
IxTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp

It's because I think of NF as more brooding than explicitly profane. There may develop a fascination or obsession with the dark side of existence, but it's not something the NF advertises. Are you saying the ENFP may be more overt about it?

Ivy

Strongly Ambivalent
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
It's because I think of NF as more brooding than explicitly profane. There may develop a fascination or obsession with the dark side of existence, but it's not something the NF advertises. Are you saying the ENFP may be more overt about it?

One word: [MENTION=5684]Elfboy[/MENTION]