• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Taylor Swift

What Personality Type is Taylor Swift?

• Total voters

chickpea

perfect person
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I don't know how you can say she is sx-last, have you heard of her new album 1989?

yeah, most pop songs are about love. she's a very good businesswoman. I could buy so/sx but no way is she sx-dom.

HongDou

navigating
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
I also happen to think she's ESFP, not ESFJ. There's something Ni/Se about her. She just gets it in the way that a lot of ESFPs I've known have.

Mm, it's still hard to see for me. But she is on the 2/3 axis so it would make sense why she seems ESFJ to me so I'm wondering if you could elaborate on this ESFPness you're getting.

GarrotTheThief

The Green Jolly Robin H.
MBTI Type
ENTJ
just wanted to drop in, hi everyone, it's me Garrot Bear, and see if you taylor swift fans like Elliot Smith (bugar bear hi fives!)...

so Taylor swift fans....here on this thread...would you date a guy who listened to this sort of music? I mean could you make love to this song? Is taylor swift a love making musician?

violet_crown

MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Do I not understand sx right? :huh:

I always felt that the difference between so/sx and sx-dom was that so/sx's are more about the performance of sexuality as opposed to actual carnality. I think that's why Tay has always been able to be a serial dater (who talks pretty candidly about those relationships in her music) without ever being labeled a slut.

If you want to understand the difference between sx and so/sx, consider the difference between this:

and this...

Subject matter-wise the songs are pretty similar. Both are about "bad boy" types that they've gotten involved with who ended up leaving them broken hearted afterwards. And they're both roughly the same age when they sang them. The thing that makes them different is the degree of rawness that Winehouse brings to it. She's willing to go there and really expose something ugly and specific not only about the relationship, but about herself as well. That orientation towards the individual and the sort of blithe disregard for how social mores would indicate how to present self in an acceptable way are hallmarks of sx-domness.

Taylor's song works for so/sx because while it is about intimacy, the song is presented in almost archetypical fashion, which makes the beats it follows narratively easier for people to identify with en masse. People can bring what they want to it, and share intimacy (sx) on a group (so) level through the common experience she's forged for her listeners. Whether it really happened or with whom is almost besides the point: people look at Taylor Swift and are meant to see themselves.

Mm, it's still hard to see for me. But she is on the 2/3 axis so it would make sense why she seems ESFJ to me so I'm wondering if you could elaborate on this ESFPness you're getting.

I think the idea that she's either a 2 or has a strong 2 wing, coupled with the idea that she's so/sx could produce a very Fe feel. I just see her as more Se/Ni than Si/Ne. I think she plays Si/Ne qualities a lot more in a pretty canny ploy to make her more relatable. But if you're playing it, it probably means you ain't it. Also compare her style to someone who's a lot more obviously Ne/Si like Katy Perry, she comes off as a lot more Se-style in the moment and just generally more present.

Forever

Permabanned
MBTI Type
NiFi
Enneagram
3w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I always felt that the difference between so/sx and sx-dom was that so/sx's are more about the performance of sexuality as opposed to actual carnality. I think that's why Tay has always been able to be a serial dater (who talks pretty candidly about those relationships in her music) without ever being labeled a slut.

If you want to understand the difference between sx and so/sx, consider the difference between this:

Subject matter-wise the songs are pretty similar. Both are about "bad boy" types that they've gotten involved with who ended up leaving them broken hearted afterwards. And they're both roughly the same age when they sang them. The thing that makes them different is the degree of rawness that Winehouse brings to it. She's willing to go there and really expose something ugly and specific not only about the relationship, but about herself as well. That orientation towards the individual and the sort of blithe disregard for how social mores would indicate how to present self in an acceptable way are hallmarks of sx-domness.

Taylor's song works for so/sx because while it is about intimacy, the song is presented in almost archetypal fashion, which makes the beats it follows narratively easier for people to identify with en masse. People can bring what they want to it, and share intimacy (sx) on a group (so) level through the common experience she's forged for her listeners. Whether it really happened or with whom is almost besides the point: people look at Taylor Swift and are meant to see themselves.

I definitely would relate myself to Taylor's way of singing than Amy Winehouse's, even though I've never really written poems or wrote songs (I know I'm failing at my NF duties ;) ) Maybe it is because of my Fe, I would want to have as many people that can relate to my experience as possible. The music I listen to hardly has to do really specific instances, with a few exceptions of course.

From what I am understanding Sx sounds like Fi and So sounds more like Fe in these contexts.How would an Sx/so Fe dom sound like? Assuming I believe Taylor Swift is an ESFP.

Haven

Blind Guardian
MBTI Type
ESFJ
Enneagram
2w3
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
Shake it off, Blank Space, and Bad Blood have really strong Se tones in them, maybe ESTP? I don't think 2 or 3 makes sense though, maybe something else.

violet_crown

MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
From what I am understanding Sx sounds like Fi and So sounds more like Fe in these contexts.How would an Sx/so Fe dom sound like? Assuming I believe Taylor Swift is an ESFP.

Fe-dom? I have no clue. I'm pretty sure Florence Welch from Florence + the Machine is INFJ and sx/so.

Riva

Enneagram
7w8
I have heard her songs of course but only today I've searched and watched her videos and interviews, after seeing her in the Kanye West incident.

Anyway, the fist type that came to my mind was XFFJ. She kinda has Olivia Newton John vibes I think. Olivia seems a bit more pushy, in her interviews which could be due to her age.

I agree. I think Tay-tay is so/sx. I also happen to think she's ESFP, not ESFJ. There's something Ni/Se about her. She just gets it in the way that a lot of ESFPs I've known have. 3w2 or 2w3 for etype.

Could it be that she 'gets it' because she is a SO dome and to be more specific So/Sx?

I think she plays Si/Ne qualities a lot more in a pretty canny ploy to make her more relatable. But if you're playing it, it probably means you ain't it. Also compare her style to someone who's a lot more obviously Ne/Si like Katy Perry, she comes off as a lot more Se-style in the moment and just generally more present.

This is just awesome. I think the same.

I should watch some Katy Perry interviews to be able to type her. I always thought ISTP from her videos. Don't you think she Katy Perry is playing Ne/Ti but is actually Se/Ti? She plays Ne-woman awkwardness and occasionally Se spontaneousness I feel making her according to your theory Se+Ti.

I should watch some interviews first though.

violet_crown

MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Could it be that she 'gets it' because she is a SO dome and to be more specific So/Sx?

It could be both or either, I think. I know she's super active in terms of community involvements and charity work. Some of it may be an act, but I think she is a genuinely decent person. She's a highly savvy business person--don't get me wrong--but the same can be said of Beyonce and I don't feel she does half as much good for her supporters or those around her as Tay.

This is just awesome. I think the same.

I should watch some Katy Perry interviews to be able to type her. I always thought ISTP from her videos. Don't you think she Katy Perry is playing Ne/Ti but is actually Se/Ti? She plays Ne-woman awkwardness and occasionally Se spontaneousness I feel making her according to your theory Se+Ti.

I should watch some interviews first though.

I might as well. I haven't paid as much attention to Katy Perry as I have to Taylor Swift. My impressions of her are based a lot on her aesthetic choices, and what I've seen covered in gossip magazines lol. I'd be interested to get your opinion if you come across something interesting.

Riva

Enneagram
7w8
It could be both or either, I think. I know she's super active in terms of community involvements and charity work. Some of it may be an act, but I think she is a genuinely decent person. She's a highly savvy business person--don't get me wrong--but the same can be said of Beyonce and I don't feel she does half as much good for her supporters or those around her as Tay.

I might as well. I haven't paid as much attention to Katy Perry as I have to Taylor Swift. My impressions of her are based a lot on her aesthetic choices, and what I've seen covered in gossip magazines lol. I'd be interested to get your opinion if you come across something interesting.

Tomorrow ill be free. Ill watch some interviews of both those people and post my feedback.

I wonder what you think robin's type from how i met your mother is?

I think she is -

violet_crown

MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Tomorrow ill be free. Ill watch some interviews of both those people and post my feedback.

I wonder what you think robin's type from how i met your mother is?

I think she is -

I haven't seen the show, unfortunately. :/

chubber

failed poetry slam career
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
What about the use of the word superb

Showbread

climb on
MBTI Type
ESFJ
Enneagram
3w2
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
I agree except with sx/so, why do you think she's sx-dom? :thinking: She seems more so/sx or so/sp to me.

Edit: oop, I also just realized you posted this in 2014.

Yeah, I don't remember that reasoning at all. And TBH I'm definitely not an expect on instinctual variants. I stand by the ESFJ 3w2 though.

Riva

Enneagram
7w8
I haven't seen the show, unfortunately. :/

Okay I watched 4 interviews, two of each.

I am still going with SFJ for TS. You see she seems calm and composed and she seems that was all the time. It's like she has to plan and put her hair down (I hope I am getting the phrase right). Calm, composed, collected, feminine etc.

ESFPs are many things and they'll be able to mimic many things including those I've mentioned above but not for too long and I would never use those words to describe an ESFP. ESFPs and ENFPs are all over the place and that's the beauty they have.

yes yes yes they can mimic them, but like I said above, not for too long and definitely not when being interviewed over and over. This is unless they are sociopathic. And lets not assume TS one just yet :D.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P-TFhUq3otQ

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NxVOAAwNWKE

I think Pe + Fi makes people expressive. Their inner Fi they use Pe to express. Fi is feelery, this is why ESTPs are never as expressive as them.

SFJs on the other hand is the opposite of that.

I actually know a ISFJ girl who has TS vibes. I sometimes wanna slap her to get that fire out.

Riva

Enneagram
7w8
I watched two interviews of Katy Perry too and I am sticking with ISTP. She seems more of an actress and she is much more expressive than TS but only from time to time.

There was a nice video showing the type of expressiveness of ENTPs (and there was a girl in it) but sadly it's nor more there. The videos have been taken off.

Riva

Enneagram
7w8
I should have added -

But if you're playing it, it probably means you ain't it.

Rex, with regards to your above awesome observation -

TS acts like an SP in her videos. She tries hard to come across as expressive and let it all out, whereas in her interviews she is not.

So going by your above theory, I think it's safe to say she is a SFJ playing a SP in her videos.

:D

Haven

Blind Guardian
MBTI Type
ESFJ
Enneagram
2w3
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
TS acts like an SP in her videos. She tries hard to come across as expressive and let it all out, whereas in her interviews she is not.

yea she doesn't answer all of her interview questions with catchy pop lyrics, that's weird, she's definitely faking being a pop star.

Riva

Enneagram
7w8
yea she doesn't answer all of her interview questions with catchy pop lyrics, that's weird, she's definitely faking being a pop star.

Huh? Wtf are you trying to tell me?