• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Jack White

What Personality Type is Jack White?

• INFP

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • ENFJ

• INTP

• INTJ

• ENTJ

• ESFP

• ESFJ

• ISTJ

• ESTP

• ESTJ

• 1w9

• 1w2

• 2w1

• 2w3

• 3w2

• 3w4

• 4w3

• 5w4

• 5w6

• 6w5

• 7w8

• 8w7

• 8w9

• 9w8

• 9w1

• Total voters

GarrotTheThief

The Green Jolly Robin H.
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Jack White

You Must Be Registered To Vote

What do you think? This interview is pretty interesting...I think he might be an ENTJ or an ENTP but I can't tell. He's listed as an ENFP.

Last edited by a moderator:

senza tema

nunc rosa cras fex
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
What do you think? This interview is pretty interesting...I think he might be an ENTJ or an ENTP but I can't tell. He's listed as an ENFP.

http://youtu.be/OOik9i9wrU8

Haven't watched the whole interview but ENFP? Who's calling Jack White an ENFP? I don't see any Ne at all actually. He's composed and put together in a grimly eccentric way. I've only watched about five minutes of the interview you posted but he has that zoned out, contemplative look I associate with Ni. And he reads like a subversive Fe provocateur to me in terms of music and style.

xNFJ, IMHO. Seems very clearly beta quadra, if you're into socionics.

lulabelle

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
jack white seems like an INFP to me. yes, he has energy onstage but in interviews and in daily life he seems quiet and sort of reclusive. i don't get the sense he's an extrovert at all. i think he's naturally quite sensitive and withdrawn and his music reeks of Fi to me.
he also seems to have partnered exclusively with INFP women.

lulabelle

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Haven't watched the whole interview but ENFP? Who's calling Jack White an ENFP? I don't see any Ne at all actually. He's composed and put together in a grimly eccentric way. I've only watched about five minutes of the interview you posted but he has that zoned out, contemplative look I associate with Ni. And he reads like a subversive Fe provocateur to me in terms of music and style.

xNFJ, IMHO. Seems very clearly beta quadra, if you're into socionics.

eh. jack white's music is very fi to me; raw, intense and kind of wild in feeling versus calculated and constructed and a bit guarded in an Fe way. Fe music also seems to have a larger mission; for instance, INFJ david bowie's blatant commentary on humanity space travel and society and whatnot. it's funny that you associate a zoned out look with Ni; i think that's very INFP, really. the Ni users i know are pretty intensely focused; i don't really see INFJs or INTJs 'zone out' in the way INFPs do. maybe they'll 'zone out' for a second but quickly they're back, engaging in the moment and communicating or getting stuff done. my INFJ friend would always get annoyed when i would get this look on my face like i was on another planet; 'you're so up in the air and spacey!' she would say. Fe users are much more engaged in their environment and other people, even when they have Ni.

jack white is pretty dreamy, off in his own world, and that strikes me as far more INFP. i know many people think jack white is an ENFP but i think they're confusing his energy onstage with his energy off. he seems like a highly introspective, low-energy, soft and reclusive person offstage. i know quite a few INFPs that are pretty similar to him. he's very INFP imo. he doesn't give me an XNFJ vibe at. all.

senza tema

nunc rosa cras fex
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
eh. jack white's music is very fi to me; raw, intense and kind of wild in feeling versus calculated and constructed and a bit guarded in an Fe way. Fe music also seems to have a larger mission; for instance, INFJ david bowie's blatant commentary on humanity space travel and society and whatnot. it's funny that you associate a zoned out look with Ni; i think that's very INFP, really. the Ni users i know are pretty intensely focused; i don't really see INFJs or INTJs 'zone out' in the way INFPs do. maybe they'll 'zone out' for a second but quickly they're back, engaging in the moment and communicating or getting stuff done. my INFJ friend would always get annoyed when i would get this look on my face like i was on another planet; 'you're so up in the air and spacey!' she would say. Fe users are much more engaged in their environment and other people, even when they have Ni.

jack white is pretty dreamy, off in his own world, and that strikes me as far more INFP. i know many people think jack white is an ENFP but i think they're confusing his energy onstage with his energy off. he seems like a highly introspective, low-energy, soft and reclusive person offstage. i know quite a few INFPs that are pretty similar to him. he's very INFP imo. he doesn't give me an XNFJ vibe at. all.

Disagree on the distinctions you're drawing between Fi and Fe, which seems a little simplistic to me. Both varieties of NFs can be intensely concerned with broad social issues, just like they can be concerned with the personal and private world of emotion. Fe is just more likely to direct the energy towards drawing other people in and affecting/manipulating (don't mean this in a negative way) them emotionally.

I agree that INFPs can also look spaced out ... but it takes on a softer, less present appearance to me than Ni zoning out. But this is purely based on personal perceptions of "vibe" so I really don't expect it to be convincing to anyone who doesn't also see things the same way already.

Mal12345

Permabanned
MBTI Type
IxTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
[MENTION=23222]Arcana[/MENTION]
I've watched most of the OP video and 1/3 of the one below. Jack White's Ni dominance is most striking. Ideas for his music come either from God or the quantum-level of reality. The stage is his pulpit, and his preaching is an undercurrent in his music. He preaches "from the hip." He doesn't like having to sell himself. Jack White is a truth-seeker, but it's hard to say exactly what level of truth he's talking about. He stated in the video below that he seeks balance between himself and the audience. This is different from the harmony desired by the INFP, although he doesn't go into any detail about balance. Nevertheless, Jack White's MBTI type is INFJ.

As for enneagram, Jack White is definitely in the Intensity harmonic. In terms of balance, this indicates that he feels a certain way (intensely emotional) and wants the audience to feel the same way. The undercurrent (spoken of above) in White's music is heavily intense and emotion-laden.

The Intensity types are 4, 6, and 8. Four, being in the heart triad, is Jack White's core type. The question now involves wing type and tritype. So far nothing he says indicates one wing type over another, but the life he leads is more 4w3 than 4w5.

Jack White is a seeker after truth. Tritype is 469 ("Visionary"), the type that pushes White to seek unity and stay in emotional touch with his audience, his collective, his group or tribe. Otherwise he would lose touch with humanity, a trait more typical of the 459 tritype.

Mal12345

Permabanned
MBTI Type
IxTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I almost forgot to mention: to see the difference between INFP and INFJ, view the Dan Rather (INFP) interview with Jack White (INFJ) in the post above.

Mal12345

Permabanned
MBTI Type
IxTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
The Seeker Archetype - 469 tritype on Pinterest
"If you are 469, you are intuitive, inquisitive and accepting. You want to be original, certain and peaceful. You are very sensitive and can experience intense feelings of self-doubt and uncertainty. As a result you need multiple sources of confirmation. You want to be individualistic but can fear being separate from others. Your life mission is to raise the questions pertaining to the mysteries of life and share your findings with others."

This is Jack White in a nutshell.

lulabelle

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Disagree on the distinctions you're drawing between Fi and Fe, which seems a little simplistic to me. Both varieties of NFs can be intensely concerned with broad social issues, just like they can be concerned with the personal and private world of emotion. Fe is just more likely to direct the energy towards drawing other people in and affecting/manipulating (don't mean this in a negative way) them emotionally.

I agree that INFPs can also look spaced out ... but it takes on a softer, less present appearance to me than Ni zoning out. But this is purely based on personal perceptions of "vibe" so I really don't expect it to be convincing to anyone who doesn't also see things the same way already.

i don't see how any of the distinctions i made are any more 'simplistic' than yours with that zoning out comment. i wouldn't say all INFPs are 'soft' in their zoning out; have you only met INFP enneagram 9s? INFP enneagram 4w5s can come across much edgier in certain ways... i'm one and i zone out a lot but wouldn't say i come across as 'soft.'

of course both Fi and Fe users are concerned with social issues, but i find that Fe music can be a little more... idk, overt with the social and humanity implications? Fi music just FEELS more emotionally raw and intuitive to me. i just know when i hear it. i have Fi and Fe musician friends, and the Fi music just feels more emotionally intimate and kind of wild in a way.
I think discerning Ni in music and musicians is a little tricky because i find that Ni users especially can see it anywhere, even in people for whom it isn't a preference. i've been told i have Ni in my writing and i'm definitely an INFP.

lulabelle

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I've watched most of the OP video and 1/3 of the one below. Jack White's Ni dominance is most striking. Ideas for his music come either from God or the quantum-level of reality. The stage is his pulpit, and his preaching is an undercurrent in his music. He preaches "from the hip." He doesn't like having to sell himself. Jack White is a truth-seeker, but it's hard to say exactly what level of truth he's talking about. He stated in the video below that he seeks balance between himself and the audience. This is different from the harmony desired by the INFP, although he doesn't go into any detail about balance. Nevertheless, Jack White's MBTI type is INFJ.

As for enneagram, Jack White is definitely in the Intensity harmonic. In terms of balance, this indicates that he feels a certain way (intensely emotional) and wants the audience to feel the same way. The undercurrent (spoken of above) in White's music is heavily intense and emotion-laden.

The Intensity types are 4, 6, and 8. Four, being in the heart triad, is Jack White's core type. The question now involves wing type and tritype. So far nothing he says indicates one wing type over another, but the life he leads is more 4w3 than 4w5.

Jack White is a seeker after truth. Tritype is 469 ("Visionary"), the type that pushes White to seek unity and stay in emotional touch with his audience, his collective, his group or tribe. Otherwise he would lose touch with humanity, a trait more typical of the 459 tritype.

- - - Updated - - -

i don't really see how anything you said about him is more INFJ than INFP 4w5 or possibly 4w3? i know plenty of INFP artists and they too explain that the music they create comes from this other source. and INFP 4s aren't obsessed with a conventional idea of harmony... there's kind of an imbalance or contradiction inherent in INFP 4s.

i would say a 'resistance to sell yourself' is far more Fi than Fe. Fe users will know that they need to work within the system to get to a certain place.

senza tema

nunc rosa cras fex
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
i don't see how any of the distinctions i made are any more 'simplistic' than yours with that zoning out comment. i wouldn't say all INFPs are 'soft' in their zoning out; have you only met INFP enneagram 9s? INFP enneagram 4w5s can come across much edgier in certain ways... i'm one and i zone out a lot but wouldn't say i come across as 'soft.'

of course both Fi and Fe users are concerned with social issues, but i find that Fe music can be a little more... idk, overt with the social and humanity implications? Fi music just FEELS more emotionally raw and intuitive to me. i just know when i hear it. i have Fi and Fe musician friends, and the Fi music just feels more emotionally intimate and kind of wild in a way.
I think discerning Ni in music and musicians is a little tricky because i find that Ni users especially can see it anywhere, even in people for whom it isn't a preference. i've been told i have Ni in my writing and i'm definitely an INFP.

I think you're doing Fe a disservice by assuming that it can't be emotionally raw and intuitive though. Anyone can have emotional depth and intensity ... this is not really type-related, IMO. And rawness can be just as much of a persona as much as some kind of love and peace, let's-save-the-world Oprah Winfrey style.

I see a consciousness and intentionality in Jack White's self-presentation that points to Fe for me as well as an invocation of visceral physicality that Ne/Si users don't tend to nearly as much, IME. Not saying INFP 4s can't be dark and edgy ... but he doesn't read like one to me.

lulabelle

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I think you're doing Fe a disservice by assuming that it can't be emotionally raw and intuitive though. Anyone can have emotional depth and intensity ... this is not really type-related, IMO. And rawness can be just as much of a persona as much as some kind of love and peace, let's-save-the-world Oprah Winfrey style.

I see a consciousness and intentionality in Jack White's self-presentation that points to Fe for me as well as an invocation of visceral physicality that Ne/Si users don't tend to nearly as much, IME. Not saying INFP 4s can't be dark and edgy ... but he doesn't read like one to me.

so what would you describe as the differences in music between Fi and Fe musicians? who do you consider to be INFP musicians?

senza tema

nunc rosa cras fex
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
so what would you describe as the differences in music between Fi and Fe musicians? who do you consider to be INFP musicians?

Joan Baez is a great example of an INFP musician to me ... and one who makes socially relevant music to boot. The differences between Fi and Fe aren't reducible to such easy stereotypes, IMO.

lulabelle

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Joan Baez is a great example of an INFP musician to me ... and one who makes socially relevant music to boot. The differences between Fi and Fe aren't reducible to such easy stereotypes, IMO.

well clearly you type joan baez as INFP for certain reasons, stereotypes or not. she's a product of a very specific time in history where all music was kind of a form of social protest so i wouldn't really lump her in with most INFP musicians. also, she wrote like, one song :/

senza tema

nunc rosa cras fex
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Kurt Cobain is a great example of an INFP 4.

Ultimately, though, my providing more examples is not going to help whatsoever as you clearly identify with Jack White and since you self-type as an INFP 4, he must be one too in your eyes.

Agree to disagree.

lulabelle

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Kurt Cobain is a great example of an INFP 4.

Ultimately, my providing examples is not going to help whatsoever as you clearly identify with Jack White and since you self-type as an INFP 4, he must be one too in your eyes.

Agree to disagree.

and what makes kurt cobain a 4w5 INFP?

senza tema

nunc rosa cras fex
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
and what makes kurt cobain a 4w5 INFP?

Intensity of feeling combined with a comparative lack of refinement and purpose in the presentation of it.

lulabelle

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Intensity of feeling combined with a comparative lack of refinement and purpose in the presentation of it.

how does the music have a lack of purpose?

so basically fi is the neanderthal cousin of fe?

senza tema

nunc rosa cras fex
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
how does the music have a lack of purpose?

so basically fi is the neanderthal cousin of fe?

Not the music itself but the way he carried himself.

And you're putting words I definitely didn't say into my mouth. You yourself said that Fe users are smoother in the way they present their content but for some reason, when I say it, I'm calling Fi a neandarthal? Okay ...