• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Jack White

What Personality Type is Jack White?

• INFP

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • ENFJ

• INTP

• INTJ

• ENTJ

• ESFP

• ESFJ

• ISTJ

• ESTP

• ESTJ

• 1w9

• 1w2

• 2w1

• 2w3

• 3w2

• 3w4

• 4w3

• 5w4

• 5w6

• 6w5

• 7w8

• 8w7

• 8w9

• 9w8

• 9w1

• Total voters

GarrotTheThief

The Green Jolly Robin H.
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Jack White on his mystical affinity with the number 3:

"It became hypnotic. This was the minimum amount of staples I could put to hold this fabric down. The number three exemplifies the almost iconic, mysterious perfection that cannot be obtained. A table has to have three legs or else it falls down. A traffic light has three lights. A car wheel can stay on with three bolts. It goes on and on. There are these three elements to everything, and if you can discover what those three are as your structure, then you're on the right path. To this day, I still think about it all the time."

That doesn't sound like something an ENFP would say. Right?

Well maybe...

Qlip

Post Human Post
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
ENFP 4 unicorns? : /

It's a stereotype. But, even though I'm not about hearts and glitter, I really do like traditional depiction of the unicorn, a cloven hoofed creature more like a goat than a horse. It's a metaphor for Fi. It purifies and only approaches those who are pure. Otherwise it is spry, elusive. It's also fierce despite its size, it will not hesitate to go head to head with much larger creatures.

;)

(I don't think JW is an ENFP)

GarrotTheThief

The Green Jolly Robin H.
MBTI Type
ENTJ
It's a stereotype. But, even though I'm not about hearts and glitter, I really do like traditional depiction of the unicorn, a cloven hoofed creature more like a goat than a horse. It's a metaphor for Fi. It purifies and only approaches those who are pure. Otherwise it is spry, elusive. It's also fierce despite its size, it will not hesitate to go head to head with much larger creatures.

;)

(I don't think JW is an ENFP)
I like what you said about unicorns. It reminded me of this movie and I finally understand the symbolism behind it.

Blackout

Permabanned
MBTI Type
infp
Enneagram
4w3
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
You've said it better than I ever could. Jack's desire to connect with his audience (did anybody watch my Dan Rather interview at all?) is Fe, where the Fi wants to connect with (harmonize with) an individual. And in typical Fe fashion, when White is performing he is "giving to get," in other words, the intensity he puts out is reflected back to him from his audience.

Here is an explanation of the INFJ balance (or reflectivity) I was talking about:
"when the INFJ communicates a joyful experience to someone, and that person has a positive response, the INFJ will pick up on that positive emotional energy using their Se and Fe, and thus reinforce the already positive state of mind, like throwing oil onto fire..."
INFJ Strategies for Dealing with Emotions: Part II: Protecting Positive Emotions

As for INFPs being intense: doesn't happen. INFPs don't whip their emotions into an intense feverish state, but prefer mellow emotional states.

WTF, I am one of the most intense persons around. Stereotypes FTW.

Jesus Christ people, this all has to end. I see nothing but stereotypes perpetrated about INFP's that aren't true. You can't type someone based on shallow stereotypes alone, and shallow types are what all of this is being based off of. I'm sorry but not all INFP
s are emotionally broken individuals who live in perpetual states of sorrow, and depression.

Anyway, I think he could easily be an ISFP, as well. Most of what he plays, sings and writes about its about being in the present and moment. When does he ever theorize? of course he does a bit, but not that often. But oh of course, that's another stereotype. Sensors are stupid and have no capacity for higher thought. He seems very traditionalist and old fashioned, and I think that easily you could mistake Fe for simply being that; when often I think it's just many sensors who tend to have that perspective.

Blackout

Permabanned
MBTI Type
infp
Enneagram
4w3
Instinctual Variant
sx/so

See, it's about the experience, and sensing sort of. It's not really that much of a metaphor I don't think, except for that fact that he's a Luddite, and thinks that things should go back to the way they were before, lol. That's basically all he says in his interviews, etc. I believe he's very interested in history and the past. I think that's mostly what his over-arching message is. "Things should be like how they were before"

You see it all over his music and in his songs. It's always the past, the past, the past. Even his style of music, why do you think he decided to become a blues musician? Anyway, I've been listening to him on and off since I was really young. I think he's pretty cool, but for the aforementioned reasons above, he kind of irks me at times.

Actually, I almost think ISTP too, which would explain how at times he almost seems like he has Fe, but yet doesn't really seem Fe-dominate. I don't know where the hell ENFP came from. That's probably more likely.

Blackout

Permabanned
MBTI Type
infp
Enneagram
4w3
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
jack-white-bb7-2015-06-billboard-650.jpg

B9316503434Z.1_20150307220702_000_GCVA55H4H.1-0.jpg

He has a great aesthetic, but I mean that's sort of all it is. It's just his aesthetic. He's old fashioned...
Sort of reminds me of Johnny Cash.

Julius_Van_Der_Beak

Up the Wolves
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
jack-white-bb7-2015-06-billboard-650.jpg

B9316503434Z.1_20150307220702_000_GCVA55H4H.1-0.jpg

He has a great aesthetic, but I mean that's sort of all it is. It's just his aesthetic. He's old fashioned...
Sort of reminds me of Johnny Cash.

He said in an interview that he was a big fan of Johnny Cash, even though they were nothing alike.

He strikes me as a Ti-dom. He mentioned a preference for structure, rules, and limitations... very unusual for a musician.

He doesn't have the spaciness or sarcasm of Isaac Brock, so I'd go with ISTP.

plastic ciel

MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
8w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Jack White is awesome. I'll agree with some of the above people and guess ISTP.

plastic ciel

MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
8w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Yeah, I have no idea where they got ENFP from. He doesn't seem Ne-Fi at all.