• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Jack White

What Personality Type is Jack White?

• INFP

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • ENFJ

• INTP

• INTJ

• ENTJ

• ESFP

• ESFJ

• ISTJ

• ESTP

• ESTJ

• 1w9

• 1w2

• 2w1

• 2w3

• 3w2

• 3w4

• 4w3

• 5w4

• 5w6

• 6w5

• 7w8

• 8w7

• 8w9

• 9w8

• 9w1

• Total voters

Mal12345

Permabanned
MBTI Type
IxTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I think you're doing Fe a disservice by assuming that it can't be emotionally raw and intuitive though. Anyone can have emotional depth and intensity ... this is not really type-related, IMO. And rawness can be just as much of a persona as much as some kind of love and peace, let's-save-the-world Oprah Winfrey style.

I see a consciousness and intentionality in Jack White's self-presentation that points to Fe for me as well as an invocation of visceral physicality that Ne/Si users don't tend to nearly as much, IME. Not saying INFP 4s can't be dark and edgy ... but he doesn't read like one to me.

You've said it better than I ever could. Jack's desire to connect with his audience (did anybody watch my Dan Rather interview at all?) is Fe, where the Fi wants to connect with (harmonize with) an individual. And in typical Fe fashion, when White is performing he is "giving to get," in other words, the intensity he puts out is reflected back to him from his audience.

Here is an explanation of the INFJ balance (or reflectivity) I was talking about:
"when the INFJ communicates a joyful experience to someone, and that person has a positive response, the INFJ will pick up on that positive emotional energy using their Se and Fe, and thus reinforce the already positive state of mind, like throwing oil onto fire..."
INFJ Strategies for Dealing with Emotions: Part II: Protecting Positive Emotions

As for INFPs being intense: doesn't happen. INFPs don't whip their emotions into an intense feverish state, but prefer mellow emotional states.

GarrotTheThief

The Green Jolly Robin H.
MBTI Type
ENTJ
You've said it better than I ever could. Jack's desire to connect with his audience (did anybody watch my Dan Rather interview at all?) is Fe, where the Fi wants to connect with (harmonize with) an individual. And in typical Fe fashion, when White is performing he is "giving to get," in other words, the intensity he puts out is reflected back to him from his audience.

Here is an explanation of the INFJ balance (or reflectivity) I was talking about:
"when the INFJ communicates a joyful experience to someone, and that person has a positive response, the INFJ will pick up on that positive emotional energy using their Se and Fe, and thus reinforce the already positive state of mind, like throwing oil onto fire..."
INFJ Strategies for Dealing with Emotions: Part II: Protecting Positive Emotions

As for INFPs being intense: doesn't happen. INFPs don't whip their emotions into an intense feverish state, but prefer mellow emotional states.

After watching interviews on INFP's and how they are I would have to say that he is not an INFP.

He does have the intensity of an INFJ though and much of what he says is like he is a born again Jungian and Jung was an INFJ. His theories on creativity are almost the exact same as Jung's. He let's things manifest from his unconcious by setting strict minimalist limits.

He even has that suddenly masculine thing that emerges from a feminine facade, sort of like an anger outburst, that Jung was notorious for.

And his guitar playing skills make it hard for me to believe he is an INFP. When INFP's go into the arts it's usually as actors more than "hand" technical abilities.

lulabelle

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
INFP musicians are all the crappy, boring ones. INFJs are better than us at everything

Mal12345

Permabanned
MBTI Type
IxTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
After watching interviews on INFP's and how they are I would have to say that he is not an INFP.

He does have the intensity of an INFJ though and much of what he says is like he is a born again Jungian and Jung was an INFJ. His theories on creativity are almost the exact same as Jung's. He let's things manifest from his unconcious by setting strict minimalist limits.

He even has that suddenly masculine thing that emerges from a feminine facade, sort of like an anger outburst, that Jung was notorious for.

And his guitar playing skills make it hard for me to believe he is an INFP. When INFP's go into the arts it's usually as actors more than "hand" technical abilities.

I agree with most of that. I don't see Jack White as having a feminine facade. Fe males have a masculine facade.

GarrotTheThief

The Green Jolly Robin H.
MBTI Type
ENTJ
I agree with most of that. I don't see Jack White as having a feminine facade. Fe males have a masculine facade.

What I mean is he tries to tone down his masculinity but you can tell he means business - seven nation army, that scuffle with an other band lead, etc. etc....

lulabelle

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Infp's are smooth operators when it comes to love - heath ledger, jude law, julia roberts...etc...etc..

jude law and julia roberts are ENFPs. they're extroverted for sure.

i would say ENFPs are the charming ones at love. i wouldn't call INFPs smooth operators at all.

highlander

Administrator
Staff member
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
INTP or ENTP; probably ENTP

Overall style of communicating seems to illustrate use of Ne a lot. Examples:
- exploring the music wherever it takes him like a child - Ne
- makes rules for himself that he doesn't tell anyone before he goes into the studio - Ti

Good example of these two functions working together is at 6:15 when he is talking about amplifiers.

I don't see any F there.

AphroditeGoneAwry

failure to thrive
MBTI Type
INfj
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
^agreed about infp vs enfp. what infps lack in charisma though, they make up for in depth. enfps are fun for a few hours, but their superficial frivolity leaves me feeling used.

Qlip

Post Human Post
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
He strikes me more as an ISFP. His music is less idea based with more emphasis on SOUND. He also is a self taught musician and doesn't put a huge emphasis on theory. He love vintage stuff, that grounded warm analog ideal, that speaks to Fi.

GarrotTheThief

The Green Jolly Robin H.
MBTI Type
ENTJ
INTP or ENTP; probably ENTP

Overall style of communicating seems to illustrate use of Ne a lot. Examples:
- exploring the music wherever it takes him like a child - Ne
- makes rules for himself that he doesn't tell anyone before he goes into the studio - Ti

Good example of these two functions working together is at 6:15 when he is talking about amplifiers.

I don't see any F there.

I actually believe he might be an ENTP strongly too...he is a huge fan of Orson Wells and alternative science fiction and admires individuals like Tesla and the way he approaches art is almost like a scientist and he tends to take alternative contemporary types of music from the past and fuse them into rock and modern blues....like folk music from Scotland and blues music...kind of reminds me of Roary Gallahger.

lulabelle

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
^agreed about infp vs enfp. what infps lack in charisma though, they make up for in depth. enfps are fun for a few hours, but their superficial frivolity leaves me feeling used.

i've never heard anyone describe ENFPs as superficial, especially not INFJs! that's interesting. i don't really know why anyone would go for emotional 'depth' as there isn't really much to be gained... just emotional whirlpooling. and any type can be emotionally 'deep', really. i understand most INFJs hate fi-dom

- - - Updated - - -

I actually believe he might be an ENTP strongly too...he is a huge fan of Orson Wells and alternative science fiction and admires individuals like Tesla and the way he approaches art is almost like a scientist and he tends to take alternative contemporary types of music from the past and fuse them into rock and modern blues....like folk music from Scotland and blues music...kind of reminds me of Roary Gallahger.

ENTPs are far more absurd and playful in their interactions. he doesn't read at all ENTP to me. i could see INTJ more than ENTP although i can definitely see INFJ now. the spirituality and stuff around his music makes me think he's INFJ. he's definitely into the mystical

AphroditeGoneAwry

failure to thrive
MBTI Type
INfj
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
i've never heard anyone describe ENFPs as superficial, especially not INFJs! that's interesting. i don't really know why anyone would go for emotional 'depth' as there isn't really much to be gained... just emotional whirlpooling. and any type can be emotionally 'deep', really. i understand most INFJs hate fi-dom

- - - Updated - - -

I see most extraverts as superficial actually. I know they might not BE, but I get such a strong vibe about their need to be EXPANSIVE that I know they cannot both be deep AND expansive. This combined with a talent for 'working a room' means they are not really going to be focused on me for MY sake, but in context to themselves and their environ. Does that make sense? Even the SX dom ones will still be SX domming with the group, versus just one. Just one bores an extravert; they need more going on.

In short, I'm not ever going to be enough for them. :dry: And when I do get caught up in their sexy whirlwind, I will inevitably be reminded when they scamper off to slobber over someone else, that I was just scratching their itch for a moment; and was never meant to be for them what they could have been to me.

lulabelle

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I see most extraverts as superficial actually. I know they might not BE, but I get such a strong vibe about their need to be EXPANSIVE that I know they cannot both be deep AND expansive. This combined with a talent for 'working a room' means they are not really going to be focused on me for MY sake, but in context to themselves and their environ. Does that make sense? Even the SX dom ones will still be SX domming with the group, versus just one. Just one bores an extravert; they need more going on.

In short, I'm not ever going to be good enough for them. :dry: And when I do get caught up in their sexy whirlwind, I will inevitably be reminded when they scamper off to slobber over someone else, that I was just scratching their itch for a moment; and was never meant to be for them what they could have been to me.

idk. i feel like most ENFPs are drawn to INFJ like moth to a flame; most types are really. INFPs are generally considered undateable by most types, with some ENFJs being the exception. occasionally INTJs will like us. and ENFPs like us as friends.

AphroditeGoneAwry

failure to thrive
MBTI Type
INfj
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
idk. i feel like most ENFPs are drawn to INFJ like moth to a flame; most types are really. INFPs are generally considered undateable by most types, with some ENFJs being the exception. occasionally INTJs will like us. and ENFPs like us as friends.

They might be, but once they find out what we are really like, they back out pretty quickly. They don't want to be tied down. Of course I'm generalizing for effect, but I do mean it. The enfp/infj vibe can only work well in short doses. At least for me.

My personal favs are people who can go DEEP [edginess, be raw, be hard if necessary]. And can go LONG [convo, intensity]. no puns intended of course. :tongue:

GarrotTheThief

The Green Jolly Robin H.
MBTI Type
ENTJ

It's funny, now that you mention it, I think his wife Karen Elston was an ENFP...not sure if I spelled her name right, which would lend some credibility to infj...

and again there is this thing where he is like Carl Jung in his style of art, letting what comes up dictate the structure...he doesn't use set lists, he just plays what unconsciously manifests yet he still does the training (SE)...although I wonder if he might be more SI than SE since he likes the older things more and somewhat detests the overuse of technology, although he still acknowledges that it's useful and necessary to a degree.

Qlip

Post Human Post
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
If he's portraying a caricature of himself in this song, he's ISFP as fuck.

GarrotTheThief

The Green Jolly Robin H.
MBTI Type
ENTJ
If he's portraying a caricature of himself in this song, he's ISFP as fuck.

This would actually make lots of sense. Unlike other musicians/singers/songwriters he views himself in the historical context of an artist. His album covers actually reference art movements and one of his albums was labeled De Stijl.

I still consider though INFJ too because he seemed to be going through a Faustian period where he intentionally dresses like Memphistopheles...but this could of course all be part of his grand scheme as an ISFJ..

GarrotTheThief

The Green Jolly Robin H.
MBTI Type
ENTJ
I'd like to add that any mbti can have a mystical disposition. For example, Jim Carrey is an ENTJ but ascribes to a similar sort of mystical faith as Eckhart Toll and is a big proponent of present moment and the consciousness movement. He's not the only ENTJ either. Steve Jobbs