• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Jack White

What Personality Type is Jack White?

• INFP

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • ENFJ

• INTP

• INTJ

• ENTJ

• ESFP

• ESFJ

• ISTJ

• ESTP

• ESTJ

• 1w9

• 1w2

• 2w1

• 2w3

• 3w2

• 3w4

• 4w3

• 5w4

• 5w6

• 6w5

• 7w8

• 8w7

• 8w9

• 9w8

• 9w1

• Total voters

lulabelle

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Intensity of feeling combined with a comparative lack of refinement and purpose in the presentation of it.

i thought you said intensity of feeling didn't have to do with type

Oaky

Travelling mind
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
He's an Ni communicator. He speaks around the topic in show of understanding which leaves an encompassing method of speech and ends it with a process or goal. He continuously reasons and justifies. He'd be an INTJ or an INFJ. Fe vs Te are more unclear.

lulabelle

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
It isn't the exclusive domain of Fi.

then why did you say intense feeling coupled with lack of presentation or whatever led you to believe kurt cobain was fi if intense feeling, according to you, doesn't have anything to do with fi specifically?

corpseparty

Enneagram
7w6
I would also add that music has too many uses to know what the intentions are for the song itself and what the structure of it may say about the actual artist. The song shows the end result of a process they rarely reveal and not every musician writes in their comfortable POV making the possibilities numerous, to the point of irrelevancy. And though it may be a show of a certain specific function who is to say they value it?

I have not viewed the interview so I cannot comment on that aspect, but as to the former I think it is solid advice.

senza tema

nunc rosa cras fex
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
then why did you say intense feeling coupled with lack of presentation or whatever led you to believe kurt cobain was fi if intense feeling, according to you, doesn't have anything to do with fi specifically?

Because it is frequently, if not exclusively, a feature of Fi-doms.

senza tema

nunc rosa cras fex
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I would also add that music has too many uses to know what the intentions are for the song itself and what the structure of it may say about the actual artist. The song shows the end result of a process they rarely reveal and not every musician writes in their comfortable POV making the possibilities numerous, to the point of irrelevancy. And though it may be a show of a certain specific function who is to say they value it?

I have not viewed the interview so I cannot comment on that aspect, but as to the former I think it is solid advice.

OK, that sounds reasonable. I agree that focusing on someone's music/lyrics alone is a misleading way of trying to figure out their type.

Oaky

Travelling mind
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
I am merely pointing out possible bias' in this thread, s'all.
Actually there not much bias in this thread. From what you are mentioning, you think people with an affinity for a certain type will wish him to be a type similar to theirs. It seems that the only bias that you've percieved exists is the one or two matches that type him something close to their type which is essentially bound for low level presumptions.

corpseparty

Enneagram
7w6
Actually there not much bias in this thread. From what you are mentioning, you think people with an affinity for a certain type will wish him to be a type similar to theirs. It seems that the only bias that you've percieved exists is the one or two matches that type him something close to their type which is essentially bound for low level presumptions.

Though your post helped piggy back my post, I wasn't referring to you specifically. Mainly the antagonist of this thread.

ETA Also from what I am mentioning, I am very suspicious that people are too focused on content when it is always about motivation..... Namely the antagonist of this thread.

lulabelle

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
... and I repeated that. Not sure what you're getting at here.

this was our last interaction:
---then why did you say intense feeling coupled with lack of presentation or whatever led you to believe kurt cobain was fi if intense feeling, according to you, doesn't have anything to do with fi specifically?
---Because it is frequently, if not exclusively, a feature of Fi-doms.

you're saying that intense feeling is a way to determine if someone is Fi-dom when you previously stated that intense feeling is not an indicator of a particular type

GarrotTheThief

The Green Jolly Robin H.
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Hey, thanks for all of your responses. I have this thread now to read over and over again. IT means alot. I've been wondering what his mbti was for years and ENFP always felt wrong.

You honestly don't know how much this thread has helped me out right now.

I've thought INFP too and INFJ and I've wondered if he was introverted intuition or extroverted intuition. He thinks deeply and broadly and he admires Tesla. The reason I like him so much is just pure and simple. His music really helps me move through life. I honestly operate and listen to music 2/3 of the day while working and living. If it weren't for music life would be harder for someone like me so I'm thankful for it.

That's why I want to know.

I tend to find one or two bands and listen to all their songs as I Go through life's ups and downs and I honestly don't know how it would be if it weren't for these artist's whose songs basically support me.

Thanks, again. If I have any insight I'll post it.

For the record I could see both INFJ because he has the sort of reminds me of Jung and I could also see INFP because my INFP friends and people I've seen online are really dynamic and soft while being masculine...both personalities have a masculine/feminine balance.

Both of them certainly sound more sound than ENFP.

Some of your posts made me laugh so hard:hi:

senza tema

nunc rosa cras fex
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
this was our last interaction:
---then why did you say intense feeling coupled with lack of presentation or whatever led you to believe kurt cobain was fi if intense feeling, according to you, doesn't have anything to do with fi specifically?
---Because it is frequently, if not exclusively, a feature of Fi-doms.

you're saying that intense feeling is a way to determine if someone is Fi-dom which you previously stated could be an trait of any type.

Let me refine my position, then. Depth of feeling is often a feature of Fi-doms but not everyone who feels deeply is an Fi-dom. Other traits, tendencies and motivations do need to be examined as well.

Oaky

Travelling mind
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Though your post helped piggy back my post, I wasn't referring to you specifically. Mainly the antagonist of this thread.
Indeed, I thought you were throwing in my post as statistical evidence for the hypothesis of the bias you mentioned. If the main antagonist believes the particular type of the Jack White is that which the person is, perhaps there is belief of such because he/she identifies with Jack White in watching the interview and that intuition formulates their understanding the thought process of Jack White. In a manner, it's comparative analysis from one's own understanding of one's own psyche towards the other individual. It's a form of folk typology that can be subject to delusion so it's only as trusted as the individual allows themselves to trust it. In the typing of an individual through means of an interview, the process to type is through the way in which the person formulates their thoughts in the answers towards the interviewer. It's also worth to note that a lot of the questions are about the individual themselves which in turn may confuse an individual in whether or not Fi is focus, as it in itself forwards the information back to oneself for comparison. It's the ethical construct in which Fi works. There may be sharp notices of Fi focused quirks though it's not easily a consciously noticable process.

lulabelle

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Indeed, I thought you were throwing in my post as statistical evidence for the hypothesis of the bias you mentioned. If the main antagonist believes the particular type of the Jack White is that which the person is, perhaps there is belief of such because he/she identifies with Jack White in watching the interview and that intuition formulates their understanding the thought process of Jack White. In a manner, it's comparative analysis from one's own understanding of one's own psyche towards the other individual. It's a form of folk typology that can be subject to delusion so it's only as trusted as the individual allows themselves to trust it. In the typing of an individual through means of an interview, the process to type is through the way in which the person formulates their thoughts in the answers towards the interviewer. It's also worth to note that a lot of the questions are about the individual themselves which in turn may confuse an individual in whether or not Fi is focus, as it in itself forwards the information back to oneself for comparison. It's the ethical construct in which Fi works. There may be sharp notices of Fi focused quirks though it's not easily a consciously noticable process.

honestly i didn't really watch the interview + i don't really listen to jack white's music. i watched an interview of his awhile ago though. with meg. he was on the SNiffer candi

corpseparty

Enneagram
7w6

I will also make note again that I have not watched the interview so I cannot say whether he presented these qualities or not. I have said so earlier.

I am merely commenting on the fact that the music itself was being analyzed, too, as a means of determining the type which I do not support for reasons I have also mentioned in an earlier post.