• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Jack White

What Personality Type is Jack White?

• INFP

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • ENFJ

• INTP

• INTJ

• ENTJ

• ESFP

• ESFJ

• ISTJ

• ESTP

• ESTJ

• 1w9

• 1w2

• 2w1

• 2w3

• 3w2

• 3w4

• 4w3

• 5w4

• 5w6

• 6w5

• 7w8

• 8w7

• 8w9

• 9w8

• 9w1

• Total voters

biohazard

Permabanned
Enneagram
8w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
ESI-Se, 4w5 sx/so, ISFJ

I also see a 1 in there and possibly a 6.

Tomb1

IEI-Ni 1w9 sx/so

lAlthough not terribly common in other 1w9 stacks, musicians are pretty typical of 1w9 sx/so:

Henry Rollins (SLE-Ti 1w9 sx/so)
Ted Nugent (ILE-Ti 1w9 sx/so)
Frank Zappa (LII-Ne 1w9 sx/so)
James Labrie (LSI-Ti 1w9 sx/so)
Aaron Turner (SLI-Si 1w9 sx/so)
Jack White (IEI-Ni 1w9 sx/so)
Pat O'Brien (LSE-Se 1w9 sx/so)

Jaguar

An improviser. And someone used to working with his hands as an upholsterer.

Julius_Van_Der_Beak

Up the Wolves
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
A musical genius who also possesses a good sense of visual aesthetics.

Tomb1

Rigid Jack expresses his wrathful contempt for cell phones:

Jack White Bans Phones From His Shows

Let's remove cell phones so people put more attention on the concert, as if you can't enjoy a concert while texting on your phone. Sorta reminds me of the rationale for the "no likes" experiment lol.

White micromanaging his fans in this manner is a typical behavior of 1s....to slough off the fun and frills in the name of seriousness (to make the environment conform to a more rigid standard because the current state falls short of the ideal).

Jaguar

Rigid Jack expresses his wrathful contempt for cell phones:

Jack White Bans Phones From His Shows

Let's remove cell phones so people put more attention on the concert, as if you can't enjoy a concert while texting on your phone. Sorta reminds me of the rationale for the "no likes" experiment lol.

White micromanaging his fans in this manner is a typical behavior of 1s....to slough off the fun and frills in the name of seriousness (to make the environment conform to a more rigid standard because the current state falls short of the ideal).

Thought Adele was tough on cameras at concerts? Alicia Keys bans phones during her shows

Alicia Keys bans phones during her shows - TODAY.com

It's far from an isolated incident.

Elijah White

MBTI Type
INFP
Come on, the guy is so INFP that it's painful to watch. With a well developed Te and a great, at times dark, sense of humor, genuinely enjoying what he does which lets him to be in the moment, always in the flow. This is Kurt Cobain if he never did any dr*gs. He sings in a scraggy, jagged, raw manner. Kinda like Dylan and Kurt(two very well known, classical INFPs). His style of playing is also very infp-like. Scattered, simplistic, concentrating more on the message the song's gonna convey and, again, RAW. His solos even sound noise-rockish a lot of times, you can tell he's not thinking about precise phrasing or which note he's gonna play next. There is no man more authentic, true to himself and his values in the music industry right now. The vinyl, the enveloping with old timey things, the way he dresses... Also, he's been compared to Johnny Depp a gazillion times and almost obsesses over Bob Dylan like I obsess over him... AND Dylan :)

Either this, or i'm just a mistyped INFJ.

Jack White gets advice from Bob Dylan | Music | madison.com

YouTube

YouTube

Julius_Van_Der_Beak

Up the Wolves
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Come on, the guy is so INFP that it's painful to watch. With a well developed Te and a great sense of humor, genuinely enjoying what he does which lets him to be in the moment, always in the flow. This is Kurt Cobain if he never did any dr*gs. He sings in a scraggy, jagged, raw manner. Kinda like Dylan and Kurt(two very well known, classical INFPs). His style of playing is also very infp-like. Scattered, simplistic, concentrating more on the message the song's gonna convey and, again, RAW. His solos even sound noise-rockish a lot of times, you can tell he's not thinking about precise phrasing or which note he's gonna play next. There is no man more authentic, true to himself and his values in the music industry right now. The vinyl, the enveloping with old timey things, the way he dresses... Also, he's been compared to Johnny Depp a gazillion times and almost obsesses over Bob Dylan like I obsess over him... AND Dylan :)

Either this, or i'm just a mistyped INFJ.

Jack White gets advice from Bob Dylan | Music | madison.com

YouTube

YouTube

He's quite brilliant, whatever it is. His solo work is probably even more amazing than his White Stripes stuff.

I kind of want to claim him as a Ti dom or aux, due to him developing a rigid series of rules and limitations while in the White Stripes. I can't see a Fi type doing that, but maybe that's because of Te? It just seems rather atypical for a musician; I tend to think of them as Fi 4s that hate being pinned down, instead of introducing restrictions when it isn't strictly necessary.

I think of Isaac Brock as a Ti type as well (probably INTP), but for different reasons.