User Tag List

Poll: What Personality Type is Jack White?

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

First 91011

Thread: Jack White

Permabanned
    Enneagram
    8w9 sp/sx
    Socionics
    LIE Ni

ESI-Se, 4w5 sx/so, ISFJ

I also see a 1 in there and possibly a 6.

IEI-Ni 1w9 sx/so

lAlthough not terribly common in other 1w9 stacks, musicians are pretty typical of 1w9 sx/so:

Henry Rollins (SLE-Ti 1w9 sx/so)
    Ted Nugent (ILE-Ti 1w9 sx/so)
    Frank Zappa (LII-Ne 1w9 sx/so)
    James Labrie (LSI-Ti 1w9 sx/so)
    Aaron Turner (SLI-Si 1w9 sx/so)
    Jack White (IEI-Ni 1w9 sx/so)
    Pat O'Brien (LSE-Se 1w9 sx/so)
    Likes Elijah White liked this post

An improviser. And someone used to working with his hands as an upholsterer.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/so
    Socionics
    LII None

A musical genius who also possesses a good sense of visual aesthetics.
    A path is made by walking on it.

-Zhuangzi

Rigid Jack expresses his wrathful contempt for cell phones:

Jack White Bans Phones From His Shows

Let's remove cell phones so people put more attention on the concert, as if you can't enjoy a concert while texting on your phone. Sorta reminds me of the rationale for the "no likes" experiment lol.

White micromanaging his fans in this manner is a typical behavior of 1s....to slough off the fun and frills in the name of seriousness (to make the environment conform to a more rigid standard because the current state falls short of the ideal).

Quote Originally Posted by Tomb1 View Post
    Rigid Jack expresses his wrathful contempt for cell phones:

Jack White Bans Phones From His Shows

Let's remove cell phones so people put more attention on the concert, as if you can't enjoy a concert while texting on your phone. Sorta reminds me of the rationale for the "no likes" experiment lol.

White micromanaging his fans in this manner is a typical behavior of 1s....to slough off the fun and frills in the name of seriousness (to make the environment conform to a more rigid standard because the current state falls short of the ideal).

Thought Adele was tough on cameras at concerts? Alicia Keys bans phones during her shows

Alicia Keys bans phones during her shows - TODAY.com

It's far from an isolated incident.

MBTI
    INFP

Come on, the guy is so INFP that it's painful to watch. With a well developed Te and a great, at times dark, sense of humor, genuinely enjoying what he does which lets him to be in the moment, always in the flow. This is Kurt Cobain if he never did any dr*gs. He sings in a scraggy, jagged, raw manner. Kinda like Dylan and Kurt(two very well known, classical INFPs). His style of playing is also very infp-like. Scattered, simplistic, concentrating more on the message the song's gonna convey and, again, RAW. His solos even sound noise-rockish a lot of times, you can tell he's not thinking about precise phrasing or which note he's gonna play next. There is no man more authentic, true to himself and his values in the music industry right now. The vinyl, the enveloping with old timey things, the way he dresses... Also, he's been compared to Johnny Depp a gazillion times and almost obsesses over Bob Dylan like I obsess over him... AND Dylan

Either this, or i'm just a mistyped INFJ.

Jack White gets advice from Bob Dylan | Music | madison.com

YouTube

YouTube

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/so
    Socionics
    LII None

Quote Originally Posted by Elijah White View Post
    Come on, the guy is so INFP that it's painful to watch. With a well developed Te and a great sense of humor, genuinely enjoying what he does which lets him to be in the moment, always in the flow. This is Kurt Cobain if he never did any dr*gs. He sings in a scraggy, jagged, raw manner. Kinda like Dylan and Kurt(two very well known, classical INFPs). His style of playing is also very infp-like. Scattered, simplistic, concentrating more on the message the song's gonna convey and, again, RAW. His solos even sound noise-rockish a lot of times, you can tell he's not thinking about precise phrasing or which note he's gonna play next. There is no man more authentic, true to himself and his values in the music industry right now. The vinyl, the enveloping with old timey things, the way he dresses... Also, he's been compared to Johnny Depp a gazillion times and almost obsesses over Bob Dylan like I obsess over him... AND Dylan

Either this, or i'm just a mistyped INFJ.

Jack White gets advice from Bob Dylan | Music | madison.com

YouTube

YouTube
    He's quite brilliant, whatever it is. His solo work is probably even more amazing than his White Stripes stuff.

I kind of want to claim him as a Ti dom or aux, due to him developing a rigid series of rules and limitations while in the White Stripes. I can't see a Fi type doing that, but maybe that's because of Te? It just seems rather atypical for a musician; I tend to think of them as Fi 4s that hate being pinned down, instead of introducing restrictions when it isn't strictly necessary.

I think of Isaac Brock as a Ti type as well (probably INTP), but for different reasons.
    A path is made by walking on it.

-Zhuangzi