• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Katy Perry

What Personality Type is Katy Perry?

• INFP

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • INFJ

• INTP

• ENTP

• ENTJ

• ISFP

• ISFJ

• ISTP

• ISTJ

• ESTJ

• 1w9

• 1w2

• 2w1

• 2w3

• 3w2

• 3w4

• 4w5

• 5w4

• 6w5

• 6w7

• 7w6

• 8w7

• 8w9

• 9w8

• 9w1

• Total voters

JocktheMotie

Habitual Fi LineStepper
SP for her.

And I think she's gorgeous. Just figured I'd throw that out there.

CzeCze

RETIRED
MBTI Type
GONE
See????

That's why I say she is so fake. I mean, from Christian music jumping to "gay" people and kissing girls? Come on, this is surely a witty manoeuvre to trick us.

And to me, she seems an ENTJ concealed by an ESFP facade.

edit: actually, she might be an ENTP, but the fact that she wants to make it to the top makes me think of ENTJ.

Wow, you got ENTP too?

She doesn't come off as particularly friendly or nice. She is engaged with the world and can be cheerful though. When she smiles or seems happy it's more that she's enthusiastic about things than warm.

Even when she was a guest judge on American Idol she didn't seem to be "on" at all and didn't put on an "extra nice behavior" act. From the clips at least it seemed like she was actually a tough judge, no nonsense, not sentimental or sympathetic at all. And she didn't seem bubbly or upbeat or high energy (like Paula Abdul). As an artist, she's cheeky.

I don't ESFX at all. I don't think ENFX either. I could see EXTX.

FWIW, it was interesting to me to contrast her with Victoria Beckam. I always thought Victoria Beckham would be an ice queen but on American Idol she's actually very soft spoken and nice and I thought Katy Perry would be more like Paula Abdul.

Speed Gavroche

Whisky Old & Women Young
MBTI Type
EsTP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
She's crafty in terms of street-smarts but probably not on a Machiavellian level.

What we've seen:
She's pragmatic.
She changed her image to better conform to success and what she wanted to do with her life.
Results drove the change.
And she doesn't give the impression of agonizing over it.

Sounds ESTJ for me. ESFP? No way. Where the fuck do you peoples see Fi with her?

Jeffster

veteran attention whore
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx
Sounds ESTJ for me. ESFP? No way. Where the fuck do you peoples see Fi with her?

I think attempting to evaluate people based on "where you see Fi" is a fruitless endeavor.

JAVO

MBTI Type
eNTP
I think she's ESTP.

This interview provided some insight into her personality:
Katy Perry: Interview

Even the photo screams xSTP! :D

katy-perry-2_jpg_630x400_q85.jpg

"...I think people should check out my music it’s fun and funny..."

"...lyrics are important to me. There are a few songs that will make you cry, but there are others to make you dance and sing. Every song is on the album for a specific reason."

"What do most people not know about recording an album?
One of the unique things about me recording is that I like to put down the vocal track with all the lights off in the studio. If I remember the lyrics, I don’t want anything to get in the way. I want to be a voice in the darkness. That’s not weird is it? It’s not like I’m naked or anything."

"But nothing beats being up on stage in front of all that energy."

I assume she wrote this song, and it sounds xSTP:
Self Inflicted lyrics

It's ironic that I'm off to see my ESTP optometrist/friend for an eye exam in a few hours. :huh: :unsure: Last time she referred to it as my "eye torture session." :shock:

tcda

psicobolche
MBTI Type
intp
Enneagram
ISFP. in person she's quite reserved and quiet. (I know as I met her via watching an interview), and she's quite about her "own" style.

reminds me of my isfp cousin in her interviews.

Tigerlily

unscannable
MBTI Type
TIGR
Enneagram
3w4
i had no idea she was religious. as for type, i'd say ESFP. here is a pretty good interview with her. she doesn't come across to me at all as introverted.

mwv6r

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5
She's crafty in terms of street-smarts but probably not on a Machiavellian level.

What we've seen:
She's pragmatic.
She changed her image to better conform to success and what she wanted to do with her life.
Results drove the change.
And she doesn't give the impression of agonizing over it.

Nor were the decisions seemingly calculated in purely cerebral fashion, nor is her music "bad," she seems to have some flair and talent for that type of bubblegum rock; she definitely knows how to craft a hook. A calculating NT could tell themselves to "play an SFP" role and create music in that genre but in general can't maintain it or do it so naturally, especially at that age, not without a large talent for it; they would keep veering towards creating "intellectualized" music lyrically and musically. The music for an NT tends to get more complicated, not less, or more "intricate" and heady; but she's creating tunes that are pretty streamlined and uncluttered, and catchy.

Great points. That's why I lean toward xSFP. She seems pretty even-keeled, especially for a rockstar, so I'm guessing the Fi is in secondary position rather than primary (that is, ESFP rather than ISFP). Although her style is often unorthodox, I don't think she's intuitive because her lyrics seem very straight-forward and to the point ("I kissed a girl and I liked it", "California girls we're unforgettable / daisy dukes, bikinis on top", etc., etc.). I enjoy her music. It might be light and frilly but she does a good job with it. Sometimes light and frilly is nice :eek:) And the girl is gorgeous -- a total knockout -- but manages to have her own style and voice, and she also avoids the pitfalls that attractive female entertainers often fall into (oversexed/strung-out on one hand (a la Britney Spears, Lindsay Lohan) versus virgin-whore/mindless ditz on the other (a la Jessica Simpson).

ajblaise

Minister of Propagandhi
MBTI Type
INTP
I always get an ENFJ vibe from her.

"I was always very manipulative as a kid, I got my way. Which has helped my whole life."

... and this quote corroborates.

onceuponatime

Permabanned
MBTI Type
xSFJ
Enneagram
9w1
Great points. That's why I lean toward xSFP. She seems pretty even-keeled, especially for a rockstar, so I'm guessing the Fi is in secondary position rather than primary (that is, ESFP rather than ISFP). Although her style is often unorthodox, I don't think she's intuitive because her lyrics seem very straight-forward and to the point ("I kissed a girl and I liked it", "California girls we're unforgettable / daisy dukes, bikinis on top", etc., etc.). I enjoy her music. It might be light and frilly but she does a good job with it. Sometimes light and frilly is nice :eek:) And the girl is gorgeous -- a total knockout -- but manages to have her own style and voice, and she also avoids the pitfalls that attractive female entertainers often fall into (oversexed/strung-out on one hand (a la Britney Spears, Lindsay Lohan) versus virgin-whore/mindless ditz on the other (a la Jessica Simpson).

So this is who you kids call "rockstars" these days? :dont:

Colombe Gris

MBTI Type
INTJ
This is most likely a ridiculous way of typing her, but I'd say she isn't an ESFP based just on how tongue and cheek she is in her whole persona. True ESFP pop stars, like Britney Spears say, seem to take their choice of style and presentation much more seriously because that's...well...their style. Katy Perry's whole deal is that she knows it's mindless fluff, but hell, she'll sing it anyway. Every persona she takes on that seems akin to ESFP behavior is done with a wink on her face. I don't know what she really is, but I'd say not that.

Aleksei

Yeah, I can fly.
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Probably ESTP based on the fact ENTJs suck at being social chameleons -- you can clearly see the seams in Obama's "ENFJ" persona, for example.

lol, do you think an ENTJ would be SO evil as to pretend (even for a moment, for momentous gain) to be an ESFP?
Absolutely.

Anamalech

MBTI Type
XXXX
Enneagram
5w4
She is an ENFP. Aleksei is crap at typing people.

Aleksei

Yeah, I can fly.
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Aleksei is crap at typing people.
You're one of the shittiest typers I've ever seen. V as INFJ is the most ridiculous thing I've ever heard, and I'm not the only one who thinks so.

XYZ

MBTI Type
GOAT
Enneagram
DUNO
Agree with ENFP - same type as her fiancee Russell Brand.

YouTube - Katy Perry interview on ROVE (Australia) 2009

She's extroverted (energised by interaction) and is taking her information in in patterns and impressions (Ne) - see the interview below - rather than concrete details (Se). She's a Fi user (2.11 is a good example of her digging into Fi) - she is not a Ti user for comparison see Rove McManus' (the interviewers) expressions (he is ENTP and a tertiary Fe user). Overall, definitely get more of an ENFP vibe than ESFP.

onemoretime

Dreaming the life
MBTI Type
3h50
KP is an S. That's why it was included in my typing of her.

Amethyst

¡MI TORTA!
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
7w8
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
ESFJ...I think...

...I touched her...not kidding. :D