• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Jack White

What Personality Type is Jack White?

• INFP

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • INFJ

• ENFJ

• INTP

• INTJ

• ENTP

• ENTJ

• ISFJ

• ESFP

• ESFJ

• ISTJ

• ESTP

• ESTJ

• 1w9

• 1w2

• 2w1

• 2w3

• 3w2

• 3w4

• 4w3

• 4w5

• 5w4

• 5w6

• 6w5

• 7w6

• 7w8

• 8w7

• 8w9

• 9w8

• 9w1

• Total voters

hjgbujhghg

I am
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w3
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Jack White

You Must Be Registered To Vote

What do you guys think?

I have to say this interview left me kinda confused. The stuff he says is very Ne, but the way he says it misses the randomness of an Ne user. Then I thought, maybe he's Ni, but he said, that he doesn't like to come out with a certain meaning, he gives people an idea and it's upon them to choose what it means to them, I see it as that Ne random play with different meanings and patterns an idea can give. So I don't know.. Is he Ne? This is basically all I cought from the interview. It left me without a clue of his judging functions, so first of all he's an intuition dominant type for sure.He seems to be pretty much organized in what he's saying and his speech is also very to the point, he doesn't' seem to jump from one thing to another. Also he doesn't have that Ne's high energy way of speech i've noticed many Ne users have. Anyway his idea approach and creative process seems to be Ne oriented. :shrug:

This one seems a bit more relaxed

Last edited by a moderator:

Mal12345

Permabanned
MBTI Type
IxTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Still INFJ.

GarrotTheThief

The Green Jolly Robin H.
MBTI Type
ENTJ
lol! almost the same exact thread as before....

He's really hard to type. One one hand he likes to work alone and is somewhat of a loner introvert who likes to perform - a strange paradox.

On the other hand, he is in several different bands and enjoys working with "certain" types of people. He doesn't like to compromise his uniqueness at all and he considers himself an artist but meanwhile seems to have an enterprising spirit - another paradox.

Both these paradoxes cross each other.

One thing I noticed though is that he is very good at sticking to a basical philosophy and using it to grow. This is something common in a lot of FI users when fi is up on the stack.

Mal12345

Permabanned
MBTI Type
IxTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Still INFJ.

OrangeAppled

Sugar Hiccup
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
ISFP, if not, then INFP. He talks like a Fi-dom though. It's jerky, stop-start while he looks for the right phrasing. I've read in the past that he tries to take on the perspective of someone else when writing - that heavily suggests he is Fi-dom also, perhaps more INFP. He doesn't care about how his music is labelled or credited - more suggestion of a Fi mentality. He reminds me of Johnny Depp in interviews.

"I try to let the song tell me what to do". "I'm basically exploring all the time; no matter how much older I get, how long I've been doing it, I'm still exploring the instrument like a child."
This is a Pe approach to creation. He doesn't go in with a concept - stuff just unfolds. That's more Pe than Pi. Pi tries to control how stuff unfolds. Pe tries to exploit it, in a sense. This is not necessarily Ne at all, just Pe.

However, his approach to creating in which he wants to create a box so as to figure out how to work around sounds pretty Ne. Ne types tend to thrive more when there are restrictions to work around rather than when they have endless possibilities, which can be paralyzing.

I think it comes down to Se vs Ne, and perhaps someone with better knowledge of him could make a case for ISFP or INFP.

EDIT - I just read the other thread where people are actually trying to argue he is an INFJ...hahahaha! It's like they don't have the slightest concept of Pi in Jungian theory. It's pretty hilarious. What they say about INFPs in that thread is hilarious too. It's like they think all INFPs are e9 social variants.

Here's a simple question: is he really the same Jungian type as an INTJ? REALLY? You think so? I definitely do not.
Isn't it far more likely he is an Introverted Feeling type as he fits all the basic stereotypes people hurl at Fi-dom? If he is an iNutitive (which I'm not even sold on), then he has way more in common with an ISFP than an INTJ.

GarrotTheThief

The Green Jolly Robin H.
MBTI Type
ENTJ
ISFP, if not, then INFP. He talks like a Fi-dom though. It's jerky, stop-start while he looks for the right phrasing. I've read in the past that he tries to take on the perspective of someone else when writing - that heavily suggests he is Fi-dom also, perhaps more INFP. He doesn't care about how his music is labelled or credited - more suggestion of a Fi mentality. He reminds me of Johnny Depp in interviews.

"I try to let the song tell me what to do". "I'm basically exploring all the time; no matter how much older I get, how long I've been doing it, I'm still exploring the instrument like a child."
This is a Pe approach to creation. He doesn't go in with a concept - stuff just unfolds. That's more Pe than Pi. Pi tries to control how stuff unfolds. Pe tries to exploit it, in a sense. This is not necessarily Ne at all, just Pe.

However, his approach to creating in which he wants to create a box so as to figure out how to work around sounds pretty Ne. Ne types tend to thrive more when there are restrictions to work around rather than when they have endless possibilities, which can be paralyzing.

I think it comes down to Se vs Ne, and perhaps someone with better knowledge of him could make a case for ISFP or INFP.

I think someone with weak NE needs structure. Someone with strong NE might be able to hop on any train you know what i mean? To get to the proper destination, anyways.

OrangeAppled

Sugar Hiccup
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I think someone with weak NE needs structure. Someone with strong NE might be able to hop on any train you know what i mean? To get to the proper destination, anyways.

No, I don't. Ne types have trouble with closure. They "need" structure in an entirely different way than SJs. They require limitations so as to know when to end & how to start (ie. without limitations there are endless trains, and they may just keep waiting for a better one, or hopping onto new ones, never reaching any end destination). Basically, they will explore forever and not DO as much. I frequently have to use "tricks" to accomplish stuff, and it's an odd way of creating structure myself. He's not talking about schedules and routines - he's talking about boundaries for his creativity, so that it doesn't run wild and end up in endless exploration, but instead, takes some final form.

Some of this is just Pe too, which is why I think Se is still on the table.

grey_beard

The Typing Tabby
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
No, I don't. Ne types have trouble with closure. They "need" structure in an entirely different way than SJs. They require limitations so as to know when to end & how to start (ie. without limitations there are endless trains, and they may just keep waiting for a better one, or hopping onto new ones, never reaching any end destination). Basically, they will explore forever and not DO as much. I frequently have to use "tricks" to accomplish stuff, and it's an odd way of creating structure myself. He's not talking about schedules and routines - he's talking about boundaries for his creativity, so that it doesn't run wild and end up in endless exploration, but instead, takes some final form.

Some of this is just Pe too, which is why I think Se is still on the table.

Kind of like haiku or sonnets: an enforced structure, but within that, limitless possibilities.
A seed crystal, or trellis, as it were, if you wish, on which you can grow whatever vines and garlands of rosy thought and feeling you wish.

- - - Updated - - -

What do you guys think?

I have to say this interview left me kinda confused. The stuff he says is very Ne, but the way he says it misses the randomness of an Ne user. Then I thought, maybe he's Ni, but he said, that he doesn't like to come out with a certain meaning, he gives people an idea and it's upon them to choose what it means to them, I see it as that Ne random play with different meanings and patterns an idea can give. So I don't know.. Is he Ne? This is basically all I cought from the interview. It left me without a clue of his judging functions, so first of all he's an intuition dominant type for sure.He seems to be pretty much organized in what he's saying and his speech is also very to the point, he doesn't' seem to jump from one thing to another. Also he doesn't have that Ne's high energy way of speech i've noticed many Ne users have. Anyway his idea approach and creative process seems to be Ne oriented. :shrug:

This one seems a bit more relaxed

Is the interviewer in the first interview his sister or something?
And what the hell is that stuffed giraffe doing in the background of the second interview?

GarrotTheThief

The Green Jolly Robin H.
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Kind of like haiku or sonnets: an enforced structure, but within that, limitless possibilities.
A seed crystal, or trellis, as it were, if you wish, on which you can grow whatever vines and garlands of rosy thought and feeling you wish.

- - - Updated - - -

Is the interviewer in the first interview his sister or something?
And what the hell is that stuffed giraffe doing in the background of the second interview?

Illuminati?

hjgbujhghg

I am
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w3
Instinctual Variant
sx/so

EDIT - I just read the other thread where people are actually trying to argue he is an INFJ...hahahaha! It's like they don't have the slightest concept of Pi in Jungian theory. It's pretty hilarious. What they say about INFPs in that thread is hilarious too. It's like they think all INFPs are e9 social variants.

Here's a simple question: is he really the same Jungian type as an INTJ? REALLY? You think so? I definitely do not.
Isn't it far more likely he is an Introverted Feeling type as he fits all the basic stereotypes people hurl at Fi-dom? If he is an iNutitive (which I'm not even sold on), then he has way more in common with an ISFP than an INTJ.

Agree that "I try to let the song tell me what to do". "I'm basically exploring all the time; no matter how much older I get, how long I've been doing it, I'm still exploring the instrument like a child." is very Pe approach. In what he's saying I am almost certain he shows a lot of intuition, considering the fact he seems to be Pe, he is most likely Ne. But where can you see the Fi? He didn't said anything that was Fi during the interviews....

GarrotTheThief

The Green Jolly Robin H.
MBTI Type
ENTJ
he seems more j. early on he decided what kind of music he was going to make and he never compromised his artistic vision. that sounds more j than p. it seems he started off j and became more p as he aged or dip into his shadow function in a positive way...you know retrieve the gold in the shadow sort of thing.

he might actually be an infj/enfp neuro a-typical type..

GarrotTheThief

The Green Jolly Robin H.
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Agree that "I try to let the song tell me what to do". "I'm basically exploring all the time; no matter how much older I get, how long I've been doing it, I'm still exploring the instrument like a child." is very Pe approach. In what he's saying I am almost certain he shows a lot of intuition, considering the fact he seems to be Pe, he is most likely Ne. But where can you see the Fi? He didn't said anything that was Fi during the interviews....

one thing that is very FI about him is his son house obsession. He states in many interviews that he grew up in a predominantly urban environment where people were listening mostly to rap and pop and that he couldn't get a long with them because he was only interested in music from the Son House and Robert Johnson era. That is very FI.

anastasiaromanova

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
idk enough about MBTI to cast my vote among experts, but having looked into him quite a bit previously E-wise, Jack is most likely one of those NF Sixes--6w7-4w3-9w8 sx/sp.

Male sx beauty Six--dresses like a 4 and windsurfs like a 7, as Eli Jaxon-Bear would say.

(Meg appears triple withdrawn but she's probably sp/sx 6w5-4w5-9w1).

Interpol

MBTI Type
INFJ
ISFP

Se over Ne. How likely is an Ne user to get into fisticuffs and break his hand over someone else's head?

Interpol

MBTI Type
INFJ
here are some videos that make me wonder if he's j instead of p.

This further confirms my contention that he has no Si. He is completely opposed to comfort, and prefers to work with his back against the wall, so to speak. This all sounds very Se to me. I think the Fi doesn't really need much argument, though.