• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Vladimir Putin

What Personality Type is Vladimir Putin?

• Total voters

Mal12345

Permabanned
MBTI Type
IxTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Vladimir Putin

Note: You Must Be Registered To Vote

Obvious cp6w5, although many on the interwebz believe 8w9. His tritype is 683. MBTI is ISTJ.

EJCC

The Devil of TypoC
MBTI Type
ESTJ
Enneagram
1w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Don't trust celebritytypes.com -- 90% of their typings are wrong.

I usually trust forum typing discussion a lot more, even when it leads to a wrong conclusion, because at least that way I get to see people's reasoning -- and sometimes they cite evidence.

[MENTION=13589]Mal12345[/MENTION] What makes you say ISTJ?

OrangeAppled

Sugar Hiccup
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
INTJ 8, or maybe cp6. I think he's a strategist, not a traditionalist.
Also, the way he will do photo ops with his shirt off - so inferior Se, haha!

Comeback Girl

Ratchet Ass Moon Fairy
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
2w3
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I don't really know. He just comes across to me as like this dorkish kid who only became popular because he has rich parents or something, and then became cocky and arrogant because he thought his classmates actually thought he was cool as a person. You know, the kind that pays bullies to bully kids they don't like and goes all Draco Malfoy when something they don't like happens ('MY FATHER WILL HEAR ABOUT THIS!'). Not that I think Putin is like Draco Malfoy, he isn't stylish enough to be like Draco Malfoy. If anything, he'd be Draco Malfoy who drank Polyjuice Potion, so he can pretend to be Dobby. I mean, whatever he does, to me he'll always be an upstart dork who looks like Dobby. Anyway, I don't really know what type that makes him.

Riva

Enneagram
7w8
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
e8 I think. 8w9 perhaps?

ISTP I would think. I think he is a T dom.

INTJ 8, or maybe cp6. I think he's a strategist, not a traditionalist.
Also, the way he will do photo ops with his shirt off - so inferior Se, haha!

You've followed Putin? You are not much into politics or politicians I've noticed.

WHAT IS IT WITH WOMEN AND PUTIN????????

J/K

OrangeAppled

Sugar Hiccup
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
e8 I think. 8w9 perhaps?

ISTP I would think. I think he is a T dom.

You've followed Putin? You are not much into politics or politicians I've noticed.

WHAT IS IT WITH WOMEN AND PUTIN????????

J/K

He's fascinating :shrug: .

I don't really follow him. I just look up photos of him photoshopped riding bears and sharks shirtless and I LMAO. I also think, "What is Putin up to next?". I would think, "What does Putin have up his sleeve?" except he never seems to have any on. For awhile I was convinced Putin was behind all the mysterious stuff in the news - that Malaysian plane that disappeared? Putin!

TreeBob

MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
8w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
obviously he is an INFJ 1w9

EJCC

The Devil of TypoC
MBTI Type
ESTJ
Enneagram
1w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
ENFP!!!!! Prove me wrong!!!
obviously he is an INFJ 1w9
Dem NF feels... Poor Vlad...

40.jpg

Mal12345

Permabanned
MBTI Type
IxTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Don't trust celebritytypes.com -- 90% of their typings are wrong.

I usually trust forum typing discussion a lot more, even when it leads to a wrong conclusion, because at least that way I get to see people's reasoning -- and sometimes they cite evidence.

[MENTION=13589]Mal12345[/MENTION] What makes you say ISTJ?

I'm reading a Putin biography by Masha Gessen. So far I've been searching for more evidence for my 683 call, particularly the 6 as a core fixation. Even if 8 was his core fixation, the wing would not be 9 because Putin has utterly no 8w9 characteristics, either physically or mentally. Yet a lot of people see him as the 8w9 for some reason. His Cp6 fixation, however, is most strikingly described - Putin was a small guy overcoming bullies, although he had his friend's help and admired his expertise at man-handling them. His biography in many ways resembles that of Cp 6w5 G. Gordon Liddy (and yes I read his autobiographical book Will). Putin also "willed" himself to the top. He was not a rich kid, although somehow they managed to be better off than most in a place and time where being better off than others was frowned upon.

"During the failed August 1991 coup, he [Putin] was on the barricades in front of the Russian White House, physically helping to defend his government." 6w5 Defender.

But more toward the 6-specific aspects of the man, you can see when he makes televised speeches that he is highly changeable. Watch his expressions, one second he will show distinct anxiety, the next second his eyes will flare up with anger.

Vladimir Putin matches the personality type described at this page:
ISTJ personality | 16Personalities

Putin is responsible, practical, gets the job done, forms the core of organizations (KGB in his case), is independent, fights his own fights, worked his way through the ranks, is conservative and from his military moves and from his biography it is easy to tell that he looks back with nostalgia to the glory days of the USSR. Putin is also a populist who feeds off the nostalgia of the Russian people for those glory days, unlike Boris Yeltsin who did not think about it at all. So in that sense, Putin has a 3 trifix, and this gives him an edge as a politician. But first, he had to go through his spy period:

"We all want our children to grow up to be a better, more successful version of ourselves. Vladimir
Putin, the miraculous late son of two people maimed and crippled by World War II, was born to be a
Soviet spy; in fact, he was born to be a Soviet spy in Germany. During World War II, the senior
Vladimir Putin had been assigned to so-called subversive troops, small detachments formed to act
behind enemy lines. These troops reported to the NKVD, as the Soviet secret police was then called,
and were formed largely from the ranks of the NKVD. They were on a suicide mission: no more than
15 percent of them survived the first six months of the war. Vladimir Putin’s detachment was typical:
twenty-eight soldiers were air-dropped into a forest behind enemy lines about a hundred miles from
Leningrad. They had had about enough time to get their bearings and blow up one train when they ran
out of food supplies. They asked the locals for food; the villagers fed them and then turned them in to
the Germans. Several of the men managed to break out. The Germans gave chase, and Vladimir Putin
hid in a swamp, submerging his head and breathing through a reed until the search party had given up.
He was one of only four survivors of that mission."

Vladimir Putin is an ISTJ.

Mal12345

Permabanned
MBTI Type
IxTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
As for celebritytypes.com, those type calls were formed 'by committee,' not by the site owner. And like most if not all committees, they are comprised of sheeple who merely follow the strongest voice.

Thalassa

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx
Sexiest old guy ever. I would go all Lana old guy for him, and I usually go young instead of older. IxTJ. I think it's largely a fantasy though, I would probably find him morally reprehensible in day to day life. I don't know though, he seems to actually care about "mother Russia" ...and I really have a lot of perspective on Islamic terrorism and European nationalism.

I think INTJ. He's an extraordinarily powerful and good looking person, but he might be an annoying jerk.

- - - Updated - - -

As for celebritytypes.com, those type calls were formed 'by committee,' not by the site owner. And like most if not all committees, they are comprised of sheeple who merely follow the strongest voice.

Agreed.

Thalassa

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx
I'm reading a Putin biography by Masha Gessen. So far I've been searching for more evidence for my 683 call, particularly the 6 as a core fixation. Even if 8 was his core fixation, the wing would not be 9 because Putin has utterly no 8w9 characteristics, either physically or mentally. Yet a lot of people see him as the 8w9 for some reason. His Cp6 fixation, however, is most strikingly described - Putin was a small guy overcoming bullies, although he had his friend's help and admired his expertise at man-handling them. His biography in many ways resembles that of Cp 6w5 G. Gordon Liddy (and yes I read his autobiographical book Will). Putin also "willed" himself to the top. He was not a rich kid, although somehow they managed to be better off than most in a place and time where being better off than others was frowned upon.

"During the failed August 1991 coup, he [Putin] was on the barricades in front of the Russian White House, physically helping to defend his government." 6w5 Defender.

But more toward the 6-specific aspects of the man, you can see when he makes televised speeches that he is highly changeable. Watch his expressions, one second he will show distinct anxiety, the next second his eyes will flare up with anger.

Putin is responsible, practical, gets the job done, forms the core of organizations (KGB in his case), is independent, fights his own fights, worked his way through the ranks, is conservative and from his military moves and from his biography it is easy to tell that he looks back with nostalgia to the glory days of the USSR. Putin is also a populist who feeds off the nostalgia of the Russian people for those glory days, unlike Boris Yeltsin who did not think about it at all. So in that sense, Putin has a 3 trifix, and this gives him an edge as a politician. But first, he had to go through his spy period:

"We all want our children to grow up to be a better, more successful version of ourselves. Vladimir
Putin, the miraculous late son of two people maimed and crippled by World War II, was born to be a
Soviet spy; in fact, he was born to be a Soviet spy in Germany. During World War II, the senior
Vladimir Putin had been assigned to so-called subversive troops, small detachments formed to act
behind enemy lines. These troops reported to the NKVD, as the Soviet secret police was then called,
and were formed largely from the ranks of the NKVD. They were on a suicide mission: no more than
15 percent of them survived the first six months of the war. Vladimir Putin’s detachment was typical:
twenty-eight soldiers were air-dropped into a forest behind enemy lines about a hundred miles from
Leningrad. They had had about enough time to get their bearings and blow up one train when they ran
out of food supplies. They asked the locals for food; the villagers fed them and then turned them in to
the Germans. Several of the men managed to break out. The Germans gave chase, and Vladimir Putin
hid in a swamp, submerging his head and breathing through a reed until the search party had given up.

I think he's a 6 too. He's got that political weight and dutiful quality, with yes the reserved quality of a 5 wing. He's scary smart though. SCARY SMART. His lack of moral fortitude is actually covered by his intelligence unlike the majority of IxTJs.

I don't have proof he's INTJ. If I saw a convincing argument for genius ISTJ I would believe it. Your argument is not convincing enough but it's possible. He's been married for like 100 years and is extremely dutiful and went through all the proper channels.

PocketFullOf

literally your mother
MBTI Type
NeTi
Enneagram
pot
I don't really know. He just comes across to me as like this dorkish kid who only became popular because he has rich parents or something, and then became cocky and arrogant because he thought his classmates actually thought he was cool as a person. You know, the kind that pays bullies to bully kids they don't like and goes all Draco Malfoy when something they don't like happens ('MY FATHER WILL HEAR ABOUT THIS!'). Not that I think Putin is like Draco Malfoy, he isn't stylish enough to be like Draco Malfoy. If anything, he'd be Draco Malfoy who drank Polyjuice Potion, so he can pretend to be Dobby. I mean, whatever he does, to me he'll always be an upstart dork who looks like Dobby. Anyway, I don't really know what type that makes him.

Shill.

Kierva

#KUWK
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx

He also has a good PR team, with articles and videos about him doing manly things like having his own tiger and holding a rifle.

Mal12345

Permabanned
MBTI Type
IxTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
He also has a good PR team, with articles and videos about him doing manly things like having his own tiger and holding a rifle.

Dictators are like that. But as far as this quote is concerned: "Vladimir Putin, the miraculous late son of two people maimed and crippled by World War II, was born to be a Soviet spy," this is contradicted by Putin's own statements: "When I was in ninth grade, I was influenced by films and books, and I developed a desire to work for the KGB,” Putin told his biographer. “There is nothing special about that.” Just an average kid fascinated by spy movies and thrillers.

Mal12345

Permabanned
MBTI Type
IxTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I think he's a 6 too. He's got that political weight and dutiful quality, with yes the reserved quality of a 5 wing. He's scary smart though. SCARY SMART. His lack of moral fortitude is actually covered by his intelligence unlike the majority of IxTJs.

I don't have proof he's INTJ. If I saw a convincing argument for genius ISTJ I would believe it. Your argument is not convincing enough but it's possible. He's been married for like 100 years and is extremely dutiful and went through all the proper channels.

Putin is conservative about marriage and responsibility, about his nation's traditions, about the good old days of the USSR. I see no genius quality about him, however. From the bio I referenced I do see a great willful quality about the man. He asked someone in the KGB what it would take to be a KGB agent, and he succeeded in that goal against all odds. He graduated from his secondary education (high school) with A's, B's, and C's. The C's were in physics, chemistry, algebra, and geometry. The A's were in history, German, and gym. There were 40 people attempting to enter one spot in the university, and Putin was the one who was accepted. In college he developed a desire to make money, and so he worked long hours in the far north at dangerous construction sites. In order to be in the KGB it is necessary to be invited in. So he cooled his heels through four years of college until in his fourth year someone finally contacted him for an interview. It was the KGB.

Responsible, security conscious, traditional, hard-working; as his KGB interviewer described him, Putin was “not particularly outgoing but energetic, flexible, and brave."

ISTJ.