• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Vladimir Putin

What Personality Type is Vladimir Putin?

• Total voters
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I'm not talking about that link, and I'm not denying the link's white-washing. Is any of the biographical data on that page absolutely false?

The source I am referring to is Masha Gessen's The Man Without A Face - The Unlikely Rise of Vladimir Putin. It's very interesting. Putin believes that a country's leader must be loved by the populace, and that when the populace turns against the leader then he must step down. So in this sense, Putin is only trying to give the Ukrainian people a more popular leader than Turchyhnov was and the present Ukrainian president is.

ok. makes sense.

OptoGypsy

MBTI Type
isfp
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I'm not talking about that link, and I'm not denying the link's white-washing. Is any of the biographical data on that page absolutely false?

The source I am referring to is Masha Gessen's The Man Without A Face - The Unlikely Rise of Vladimir Putin. It's very interesting. Putin believes that a country's leader must be loved by the populace, and that when the populace turns against the leader then he must step down. So in this sense, Putin is only trying to give the Ukrainian people a more popular leader than Turchyhnov was and the present Ukrainian president is.

I'll read the book

BlueinGreen

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
I don't really know. He just comes across to me as like this dorkish kid who only became popular because he has rich parents or something, and then became cocky and arrogant because he thought his classmates actually thought he was cool as a person. You know, the kind that pays bullies to bully kids they don't like and goes all Draco Malfoy when something they don't like happens ('MY FATHER WILL HEAR ABOUT THIS!'). Not that I think Putin is like Draco Malfoy, he isn't stylish enough to be like Draco Malfoy. If anything, he'd be Draco Malfoy who drank Polyjuice Potion, so he can pretend to be Dobby. I mean, whatever he does, to me he'll always be an upstart dork who looks like Dobby. Anyway, I don't really know what type that makes him.

I wouldn't say I personally find him particularly stylish or glamorous according to my personal tastes, but millions of swooning Russian women would beg to differ. Of course, a lot of that has to do with hilariously over the top propaganda photos that are almost shot for shot out of Mussolini's playbook.

With someone like Putin I think it's very hard to separate the person from the way the person is represented by the media; the American media portrays him as a cold, calculating strategist with the passive, removed air and evil genius of a bond villain. If you were to take that at face value you might assume intj. The Russian media really jumps the shark and treats him more like a classic Russian czar with almost mystical overtones, as something a little more than human but also a master of the world around him; sort of like Paul Bunyan meets the benevolent monarch of old. I don't even know where to begin typing that representation, as it is obviously pretty far removed from reality, but it's notable because this is the sort of pr that your classic ESTJ dictator, like Stalin or Mao, tends to utilize, though I think he as a person is at least somewhat more grounded in reality than that, and suffers from a significantly lesser but still noticeable degree of megalomania. I think he obviously knows how to play the game, but his rationality is more notable for his understanding of how to work the system than pure logical deduction, and coupled with his heavily traditionalist sensibilities, that leads me to guess istj.

Riva

Enneagram
7w8
I think he is an ISTP 8w9.

I voted 8w9 but I couldn't vote for the MBTI type.

ColonelGadaafi

MBTI Type
ESTJ
Enneagram
Si
He's just a classical old-guard Russian goverment official/agency employee. From what I've read and seen about him, he seems to be SI user. He seems to be a old timer resentful about USSR collapsing and Russia losing its super power status. Which was one of his driving motivations for trying to revive Russian power and traditional rivalry with NATO countries. Basically stereotype bad guy/opponent side politician from a Tom Clancy novel. There are lots of Russian USSR nostalgics in Russia. He stands out because of PR and Media work, and unlike yeltsin and glasnost, he's a highly competent leader. Unlike the ectomorphic and meek looking obama, he comes off as cool and strong, with his workout videos, bare-chest horse riding and hunting siberian tigers. Charismatic and strong.

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Vladdy's just watched a lot of Peter the Great documentaries lately and decided when he grows up he wants to be just like him.

ColonelGadaafi

MBTI Type
ESTJ
Enneagram
Si
Vladdy's just watched a lot of Peter the Great documentaries lately and decided when he grows up he wants to be just like him.

More like he's a middle-aged russian version of a reaganite, who wants good ole' russia to be back on track. Probably has a shrine devoted to stalin in backroom.

Riva

Enneagram
7w8
On an offtopic post:

For democracy to survive there should always be a strong opposition party in the parliament. If not the ruling party can get away with most things they do.

Now apply that to the world having strong superpowers that don't agree with each other. We need super powers that don't agree with each other.

Faketrollaccount

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
8w9
Instinctual Variant
sp
On an offtopic post:

For democracy to survive there should always be a strong opposition party in the parliament. If not the ruling party can get away with most things they do.

Now apply that to the world having strong superpowers that don't agree with each other. We need super powers that don't agree with each other.

Russia is not a superpower. Russia is a holdout not in line with the NWO. They have nuclear weapons so they don't get invaded.

ColonelGadaafi

MBTI Type
ESTJ
Enneagram
Si
On an offtopic post:

No such thing as democracy, because modern states aren't ran by people or peoples agendas. I think the notion of democracy itself is an abstract notion. Because whether the state is authoritarian, or convinces us via advertizement propaganda and media, that their authority is justified and their ideas are correct, it's all the same anyway. You can say that at best, there is majority rule, but whether that rule itself is for the best, and represents and precipitates every group and everyone participation, is another question. When people say democracy.... they really mean western political structure and model. Where elections are determined by who can advertise their message more efficiently. But there is no guarantee of delivery of the election promises. Is US a democracy in the sense of the word, or basically a state that claims to represent the people, but in practice and reality represents a commercially powerful economical class that uses it's profound wealth to lobby for their interests to the state and levy it to it's agenda. Is that more honest than say Putin's corrupt obvious oligarchical state, where his powerful friends keep him power through a network of corrupt goverment/agency officials, as well as campaign money and rigging. And where dissidents are almost openly disposed of.

Alomoes

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
9w1
Oh something I'm good at, coming up with technicalities to make someone wrong. Nevermind. Good point.

Pretty sure Putin is at least *portrayed* as ISTP. I think about how ISTP would run government. Then I think of the ISTPs I know. Then I think of Russia. Then I think Putin could be an ISTP. Maybe. But yeah. Your points are all valid, but IXTJ Queen Victoria vs Putin. Hrrm. Quite a difference I'd think. We should compare different styles of leadership. I'll go start a thread about it right now. And by leadership, I mean on a national level.

Mal12345

Permabanned
MBTI Type
IxTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I think he's a 6 too. He's got that political weight and dutiful quality, with yes the reserved quality of a 5 wing. He's scary smart though. SCARY SMART. His lack of moral fortitude is actually covered by his intelligence unlike the majority of IxTJs.

I don't have proof he's INTJ. If I saw a convincing argument for genius ISTJ I would believe it. Your argument is not convincing enough but it's possible. He's been married for like 100 years and is extremely dutiful and went through all the proper channels.

To say that ISTJ is not intelligent is stereotyping. I don't know if Putin is a genius, but he has political "smarts." To say he's dutiful but too intelligent to be an ISTJ is not good typology.

Speed Gavroche

Whisky Old & Women Young
MBTI Type
EsTP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
ISTP: laconic, cerebral, flexible, bold, tactical, a thug and an antisocial who don't care about international rules.

6w5 Sp/So.