• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Pope Francis, the Laughing Pope

What Personality Type is Pope Francis, the Laughing Pope?

• INTP

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • INTJ

• ENTP

• ESFP

• ISTP

• ISTJ

• ESTP

• ESTJ

• 1w2

• 3w2

• 3w4

• 4w3

• 4w5

• 5w4

• 5w6

• 6w5

• 6w7

• 7w6

• 7w8

• 8w7

• 8w9

• 9w8

• Total voters

Mal12345

Permabanned
MBTI Type
IxTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Pope Francis, the Laughing Pope

You Must Be Registered To Vote

Pope Francis bashes his priests for judging others and buying expensive cars.
Pope Francis laughs about a close-call car accident he had.
Pope Francis goes out in disguise at night and dispenses alms to the poor.

Who is he?

Last edited by a moderator:

Mole

Permabanned

You must register to vote!

Pope Francis bashes his priests for judging others and buying expensive cars.
Pope Francis laughs about a close-call car accident he had.
Pope Francis goes out in disguise at night and dispenses alms to the poor.

Who is he?

Pope Francis listens to the poor, but Pope Francis is deaf to women, and deaf to children sexually abused by his priests and brothers.

Pope Francis is also a conservative who is also a brilliant propagandist (propaganda de fide).

Mal12345

Permabanned
MBTI Type
IxTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Pope Francis listens to the poor, but Pope Francis is deaf to women, and deaf to children sexually abused by his priests and brothers.

Pope Francis is also a conservative who is also a brilliant propagandist (propaganda de fide).

Celebrity type?

Stephano

Almöhi
MBTI Type
NFP
ENFJ: reformer, liberal or more accurately Jesus #2 . Just a more outgoing version of him.

Stephano

Almöhi
MBTI Type
NFP

Umm, what about no? Frank threw out most of the children abusing cocksuckers that lived very well under Benedicts care. You're mistaking a manipulative, political genius with a person who actually wants to make the world a better place (which is him). Sigh, these conspiracy theorists....

Jaguar

He chose the name Francis in honor of St. Francis of Assisi, a 13th-century monk known for his charity and kindness to animals.
He was critical of Argentina’s decision to legalize same-sex marriage, calling it “a destructive attack on God’s plan.” He also opposes gay people’s adopting children.

So, he's kind to animals but not homosexuals. Groundbreaking stuff, there.

Stephano

Almöhi
MBTI Type
NFP
[MENTION=195]Jaguar[/MENTION] So what? Is he a bad person because he doesn't want gay people to raise children who will likely be bullied to death by their class mates? I have absolutely nothing against gay people. Everyone has the freedom to do what they want as long as nobody gets hurt.
However, strictly speaking homosexuality is common in mammals of higher intelligence, but the purpose of sex is still the reproduction of species, so I can see where his beliefs root.
Speaking of pope Francis, come on, he's still the most liberal person the church has produced yet. Give him at least that point.
Consider that Martin Luther was an anti-semitic misogynist and he was still a reformer by his time's standards.

Mole

Permabanned
Umm, what about no? Frank threw out most of the children abusing cocksuckers that lived very well under Benedicts care. You're mistaking a manipulative, political genius with a person who actually wants to make the world a better place (which is him). Sigh, these conspiracy theorists....

Pope Francis still continues to refuse to hand over to the United Nations the records held at the Vatican of child abusing priests and brothers.

Pope Francis' Treasurer, Cardinal George Pell, says the Church has no legal obligation to children abused by priests and brothers of the Church.

And not only will women not be ordained but Pope Francis even refuses to talk about it.

Pope Francis still forbids contraception.

The highest status in the political world is Head of State. And Pope Francis uses his status as Head of State in the world, even though we remember it was the Italian Fascists who made the Pope Head of State.

And I have heard no one deny Pope Francis is theologically conservative.

However it is important to say that Pope Francis does listen to the voice of the poor.

Stephano

Almöhi
MBTI Type
NFP
Pope Francis still continues to refuse to hand over to the United Nations the records held at the Vatican of child abusing priests and brothers.

Pope Francis' Treasurer, Cardinal George Pell, says the Church has no legal obligation to children abused by priests and brothers of the Church.

And not only will women not be ordained but Pope Francis even refuses to talk about it.

Pope Francis still forbids contraception.

The highest status in the political world is Head of State. And Pope Francis uses his status as Head of State in the world, even though we remember it was the Italian Fascists who made the Pope Head of State.

And I have heard no one deny Pope Francis is theologically conservative.

However it is important to say that Pope Francis does listen to the voice of the poor.

Pope Francis isn't almighty and powerful, he's like Obama trying to pass gun laws. If it all is just made up why is half of the church going against him right now. They're not professionally trained actors, at least that's nothing I ever heard of. Addressing the problem , talking about it, is yet probably the most advanced step the church has taken IMO, since the conventional way was sweeping it under the carpet.

Nicodemus

[However, strictly speaking homosexuality is common in mammals of higher intelligence, but the purpose of sex is still the reproduction of species, so I can see where his beliefs root.
His belief is rooted in a book written by heavily misinformed and largely ignorant people thousands of years ago. Sex has no purpose, unless you think nature was designed and evolution is being directed by someone who can endow their processes with purpose. Yes, sex is the act by which we (usually) reproduce, but it is much more than that.

You have to admit, though, that is somewhat absurd that Francis receives praise for being almost as morally enlightened as the average civilized (wo)man.

Mole

Permabanned
Pope Francis isn't almighty and powerful, he's like Obama trying to pass gun laws. If it all is just made up why is half of the church going against him right now. They're not professionally trained actors, at least that's nothing I ever heard of. Addressing the problem , talking about it, is yet probably the most advanced step the church has taken IMO, since the conventional way was sweeping it under the carpet.

Pope Francis is the last absolute Monarch. I don't know how many priests who have boasted to me, and somewhat threatened me, by saying The Church is not a democracy.

Pope Francis violates the human rights of women and children, bans contraception and abortion, and exercises power in the world as Head of State. And made Head of State by the Italian Fascists.

The Pope was made Head of State by the Italian Fascists because the Papacy publicly and in writing enthusiastically supported Fascism in Europe from Spain to Croatia.

BlackDog

MBTI Type
NiTe
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
Pope Francis is the last absolute Monarch. I don't know how many priests who have boasted to me, and somewhat threatened me, by saying The Church is not a democracy.

Pope Francis violates the human rights of women and children, bans contraception, and exercises power in the world as Head of State. And made Head of State by the Italian Fascists.

The Pope was made Head of State by the Italian Fascists because the Papacy publicly and in writing enthusiastically supported Fascism in Europe from Spain to Croatia.

Abdullah of Saudi Arabia?

Francis is out of step with the morals of modern liberal societies, but he is by no means someone who we should spend time on criticizing. The RCC hates change; the fact that Francis has done anything at all is fairly amazing.

Stephano

Almöhi
MBTI Type
NFP
His belief is rooted in a book written by heavily misinformed and largely ignorant people thousands of years ago. Sex has no purpose, unless you think nature was designed and evolution is being directed by someone who can endow their processes with purpose. Yes, sex is the act by which we (usually) reproduce, but it is much more than that.

You have to admit, though, that is somewhat absurd that Francis receives praise for being almost as morally enlightened as the average civilized (wo)man.

If we are talking about the same definition of evolution here namely the way Darwin understood it, you have to explain to me what you mean by saying sex is more than just our way of reproduction. Do you mean it has an emotional or even spiritual significance? Because sex is the only way humanity and of course all other multicellular organisms can obtain the survival of their species. Indeed sex produces the most intense and awesome feeling in the world (after love IMO) but after all these pleasures are just a chemical process which developed for only one reason: That we fuck each other.
Now, yes Pope Francis has a conservative approach on sex, but overall his election to pope was an improvement for the church. He's a moderate christian out of a bunch of intellectual rednecks and I'm saying this as a moderate right-wing anti-theist.

Stephano

Almöhi
MBTI Type
NFP
Abdullah of Saudi Arabia?

Francis is out of step with the morals of modern liberal societies, but he is by no means someone who we should spend time on criticizing. The RCC hates change; the fact that Francis has done anything at all is fairly amazing.

Exactly. There are much more countries on the list including Burma and most recently Russia. ;)

Nicodemus

If we are talking about the same definition of evolution here namely the way Darwin understood it, you have to explain to me what you mean by saying sex is more than just our way of reproduction. Do you mean it has an emotional or even spiritual significance? Because sex is the only way humanity and of course all other multicellular organisms can obtain the survival of their species. Indeed sex produces the most intense and awesome feeling in the world (after love IMO) but after all these pleasures are just a chemical process which developed for only one reason: That we fuck each other.
Bonobos use sex not only for reproduction but also to strengthen group cohesion, relieve stress and as a fun activity. One point is that sex, like walking, dancing, seeing, smelling, is more than the tool used for the most basic biological task of survival. The other point is that purpose requires creational intent, which, as an anti-theist you will agree, is lacking in nature.

Stephano

Almöhi
MBTI Type
NFP
Bonobos use sex not only for reproduction but also to strengthen group cohesion, relieve stress and as a fun activity. One point is that sex, like walking, dancing, seeing, smelling, is more than the tool used for the most basic biological task of survival. The other point is that purpose requires creational intent, which, as an anti-theist you will agree, is lacking in nature.

I wouldn't say that. The purpose of our eyes is that we can see light reflexions, ergo an image of the world around us. I don't understand the term purpose as something with a creational intent but as the result of the complex set of laws of nature that we yet have to fully understand. So, when early forms of life developed photo receptors this wasn't done by creational intent but by adaption to the environment which can be called intentional, conceivably.
However, the reason sex even came into being was because of the benefits genetical variety provides. The positive side effects you named are an additional reason or spur for complex beings like us to do it as often as we can. Very intelligent animals like primates or dolphins do it also for their own pleasure (like you said) and without an intent to reproduce, but that's just us getting ahead of our instincts and controlling the unconscious part of our brain more and more.

Nicodemus

I don't understand the term purpose as something with a creational intent but as the result of the complex set of laws of nature that we yet have to fully understand.
Then what does it matter what purpose sex has? And why would someone who believes in a creator care?

Stephano

Almöhi
MBTI Type
NFP
Then what does it matter what purpose sex has? And why would someone who believes in a creator care?

Because he isn't a creationist, he's a theologist who interprets the bible figuratively. "The theories of evolution and the Big Bang are real and God is not a magician with a magic"Link

I would even say he has agnostic tendencies just like the average European citizen. Maybe that's why he's so popular, because he is representing said average European citizens so well.

Nicodemus

Because he isn't a creationist, he's a theologist who interprets the bible figuratively. "The theories of evolution and the Big Bang are real and God is not a magician with a magic"Link
He is not a creationist, but he does believe in a creator god. He would have a hard time being the pope if he did not, at least in public.

I would even say he has agnostic tendencies just like the average European citizen. Maybe that's why he's so popular, because he is representing said average European citizens so well.
I think that is what his ministry for propaganda would like us to believe. Look at disparity between the title of the article you linked and what it actually says, for instance: "He created human beings and let them develop according to the internal laws that he gave to each one so they would reach their fulfilment. [...] The Big Bang, which today we hold to be the origin of the world, does not contradict the intervention of the divine creator but, rather, requires it." He is not that different. He is just more casual about it.

Going back to the initial point, his opposition to homosexual sex being rooted in a certain understanding of the purpose of sex per se, it would make sense for him to oppose it if there were a creator god who had designed and designated it so, but obviously there is not, so his belief is wrong under the premise he himself would accept and irrelevant to his argument under yours.