User Tag List

Poll: What Personality Type is Gwen Stefani?

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

First 2345 Last

Thread: Gwen Stefani

Permabanned
    MBTI
    IxTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ti

"She seems very benign and wholesome, but underneath lurks an incredible toughness and powerful directness. Nobody can copy her, because she's this uniquely extraordinary contradiction." Shirley Manson

I'm certain the forum members are smart enough to come up with a single type for Gwen Stefani based on this much information.

Permabanned
    MBTI
    IxTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ti

Quote Originally Posted by Magnus View Post
    I've never been completely clear on how somebody can determine a celebrity's type based only on their TV appearances. What celebrities do in public is rarely who they really are. Good to know I'm not the only confused by this tendency to type total strangers based on virtually no meaningful information whatsoever.
    It's doing typology in a vacuum. The information is out there but it's too difficult to do research I guess.

Edit - I dd not mean information on her type, but information on her personality to make the type call.

MBTI
    INTJ

Quote Originally Posted by Mal12345 View Post
    It's doing typology in a vacuum. The information is out there but it's too difficult to do research I guess.

Edit - I dd not mean information on her type, but information on her personality to make the type call.
    Well, whatever my ideas are worth, I get the sense that she's some kind of F. She's bubbly and effervescent. My impression is she has a kind of childlike innocence about her. I never got the idea she was the most, shall we say, worldly person out there. She seemed genuinely surprised when the SoCal music scene got some attention in the mid-90's. Probably more now but to start with she really did seem like she needed someone to look up to. Her love for that kind of music comes from her brother and no place else. She's not a leader. But she came off as one of the most loyal followers you could ever hope to find. Those qualities could apply to a few different types but that's about the best I can do. And even this is incomplete and pretty shaky.
    Repeat after me: "Wocka, wocka, wocka". See? That wasn't so hard, now was it?

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp

7w6

MBTI
    INFJ

YouTube

This was interesting. I thought before I looked at it that she was an ISFP, but it seems that she goes Te-Ni-Se-Fi, but with the Fi being turned up throughout. So my vote is for ENTJ.

MBTI
    INFJ

Quote Originally Posted by Legion View Post
    YouTube

This was interesting. I thought before I looked at it that she was an ISFP, but it seems that she goes Te-Ni-Se-Fi, but with the Fi being turned up throughout. So my vote is for ENTJ.
    YouTube

In this interview I can see the Personal consideration - Concrete experience - Meaning order of functions (i.e. Fi-Se-Ni) so I think she's ISFP after all.

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5

Im going INFJ.

Surprised that she was overwhelmingy typed as ENFP, an extrovert. Watched a couple interviews and she seemed quite shy, reserved, introverted. I know her performances are quite brash but off stage she seems quiet.

Her Extraverted side seems to be Feeling. Friendly, warm, responsive to jokes, laughs a lot. When she opens up, shows her introverted side, she displays Intuition. Shows insight, interested in meaning and patterns, uses analogies, quite poetic. In one interview she talked about how a bunch of songs just came to her in a rush of inspiration.

Permabanned

Quote Originally Posted by highlander View Post

Based on those videos, she has a very sweet, almost childlike innocence. Seems very light-hearted. Seems really good with feeling. Also doesn't strike me as having an experimental focus or some kind of message like intuition types seem to, such as Nirvana, Grimes, David Bowie, John Lennon, etc. If this is what's she's like normally, I'd say she's Si and Fe. Thinking she's more of an extrovert because of how receptive she is in the interview below. So maybe ESFJ. And in other articles/interviews, the way she talks about her relationships and wanting kids and how heavily it all effects her, kind of makes me think she's an enneagram 2, rather than a 7.

And supposedly she's 50 in this interview?! Wow. Talk about being a cougar.

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5

^ That last video is a classic example of why I peg her for an Introvert not Extrovert - shes doing more listening than talking in her own interview! You could put that down to a rude interviewer but its a recurring pattern I noticed in a couple of these, especially with outgoing hosts.

Permabanned

Ahh...well, I don't really want to argue greatly about theory or anything, but extroversion, as conceptualized by Jung is a greater focus on the external essentially (and is thusly "objectively" focused). Introverts usually take longer to respond to things because they have to internalize (and subjectify) what's going on and then when they do respond, their subjective internalization can be a little out of sync with the other person. She's doesn't seem to have the introverted, subjectivity problem imo.