• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Emily Blunt

What Personality Type is Emily Blunt?

• Total voters

highlander

Administrator
Staff member
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I voted INFP but actually think she is probably an INFJ. INF for sure. I find it hard to tell those two apart sometimes. I guess it's what seems like Fe that is one of the telltale signals.

Paisley

Strolling Through The Shire
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
5w4

Emily Blunt - Biography - IMDb

Emily is very difficult to type as she's modest and a bit guarded when revealing personal facts, so this is not hard and fast by any means.

The interview above is more personal than others, where Emily opens up about her childhood and her abilities as an actress, which sheds some light on potential personality types, as does her quotes from her imdb bio. My gut says she's an INFP. She was shy as a child and would stammer, and enjoyed Introverted pursuits such as creative writing, playing the cello, and singing. She internalizes how she didn't fit in as a child and how she enjoyed analyzing people, which is an Intuitive Feeling function, more than a Sensing Thinking function. In most interviews she goes into detail about events (builds up) as opposed to talking about the big picture (boils down), which is a P function more so than a J function, and she also seems more game for a laugh and open to spontaneity like a Perceiver. J's or INFJ's are more closed with their(our) systems, and less up in the air. That's code for, 'She's not frustrated enough about life to be an INFJ'! However, she's difficult to read, a bit hidden even, but I will go with a soft IF as her dominant function and a soft EN as her secondary function. IF is noticeable in how gentle she is in her communication, but EN is noticeable in the rhythm of how she communicates; gentle bounces from topic to topic and back again.

Without this interview I would've pegged her as a dancer and a class clown, then gone with ESFP, and never known she's none of those things in real life. One of the big tell tale signs that she's an INFP from the interview was that she's terrible at driving! :D ES tasks are sources of great embarrassment and laughter for INFP's, like Louie C.K. stuck in the Hudson with his boat!

This site says she's an INFP as well, however, I disagree with a lot of them on that site.

Last edited:

eudaimonia

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
By facial expressions I would say she is an Fi user.

OrangeAppled

Sugar Hiccup
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
She is Fi/Si. If not ISTJ, then INFP, but she doesn't express Ne much....

lulabelle

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
In lots of interviews Emily seems very INFJ... more reserved and calculated yet friendlier than an INFP, somehow.

jgalt

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w4
INFP or ENFJ

Emily, or perhaps Ms Blunt, is my type.

Definitely not an ENFP or ESFP. As an INTJ I can spot them. She's something else. I looked it up because supposedly she had chemistry with Matt Damon in The Adjustment Bureau. So maybe an ESTJ INFP pair? ENTJ and INFP? Or ISFP. Didn't she do a fashion movie, the Devil Wears Prada? ENFPs are warm and bubbly. Don't get that from her.

MathiaSavage

MBTI Type
INXX
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
YouTube

I honestly think she is a IXTP that grow her fe due to acting.
This interview confirm things about her and she seems very herself in this vid.

Emily Blunt Talks About Stuttering | Stuttering Foundation: A Nonprofit Organization Helping Those Who Stutter

In the October 2008 issue of W magazine that featured a profile on Blunt, the article stated, "There's an unwritten rule that all beautiful actresses must claim to have been total geeks in high school, whether or not they genuinely were, but Emily Blunt makes a far more convincing case than most. While growing up in a posh suburb of London, Blunt developed a stutter so debilitating that she could barely hold a conversation, let alone elbow her way into the limelight." Blunt put forth in the article, "I was a smart kid, and had a lot to say, but I just couldn't say it. It would just haunt me. I never thought I'd be able to sit and talk to someone like I'm talking to you right now."

Maybe ISTP 6w7 or 5w6 with lots of fe, she had problems with fe in the past and she dont like to receive compliments (confirm ti-fe axes for me, well not the only option but gives more probability) . An istp that like goofing around and is very dedicate to acting. Infj seems possible after Ixtp

Venus Rose

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
could be ESI (I know this one is talking about MBTI)...basing this primarily off of...her chemistry with Matt Damon (who is typed as LSE). There is a clear lack of infantile behavior in her and she comes across as self-assured, separate instead of the more dependent "clingy" (not a in a bad way, I mean in a neutral way) infantile types give. General solidity to her that I associate with Se egos.

I don't think there is a one to one correlation per se between MBTI and socionics but they are both based of off Jung's works so I would be curious if she is indeed INFP, if she were to be ESI on socionics.

edit: upon second thought, I guess I don't necessarily have anything against an ISTx (socionics) type for her either.

rav3n

INFJ since when she's serious, she lays out her thoughts in a logical and precise manner. INFPs tend to scatter a bit to a lot, no matter how hard they try.

jgalt

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w4
Maybe INTJ. She's kind of snide. Her husband, on the other hand, John Krasinski, is probably an ENFP. Or she's an INTP or ISTP and he's an ENFJ.

StarFollowed

Stardust
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4w3
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Def. Infp. People forget that INFPs can be very serious and snarky. No Se in her at all.

yeghor

ISFJ 9w8

Husband, ESTP 8w7