• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Simon Cowell

What Personality Type is Simon Cowell?

• INFP

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • INFJ

• ENFP

• ENFJ

• INTP

• ENTP

• ISFP

• ISFJ

• ESFP

• ESFJ

• ESTJ

• 1w9

• 2w1

• 2w3

• 3w2

• 4w3

• 4w5

• 5w4

• 5w6

• 6w5

• 6w7

• 7w6

• 9w8

• 9w1

• Total voters

Edgar

Nerd King Usurper
MBTI Type
INTJ
Instinctual Variant
sx
ESTP. Classic Promoter type.

You best be joking Jeffster... first, Madonna is an ENFJ, and now Simon is ESTP?

Don't make me smack you with a copy of "Please Understand Me"...

Kangirl

I'm a star.
MBTI Type
ENTJ
When i spied this thread the first thing that popped into my mind was ENTJ.

Edgar

Nerd King Usurper
MBTI Type
INTJ
Instinctual Variant
sx
When i spied this thread the first thing that popped into my mind was ENTJ.

I don't know where people get this impression that Simon is an Extravert.

He is very reserved, with his words and his expressions. His comments tend to be sharp, short, and articulate, unless he is drawn into an argument. And even then, he quickly puts a stop to it.

Even when he is thrilled by a performance, the most you get out of him is a quiet grin, he never stands up to applaud, and he tends to be stingy with his compliments.

Even though he is the star of the show, he doesn't mind sitting in the background and lets either Randy or Paula yammer on for as long as their hearts desire, unless they are undermining his judgments.

Jeffster

veteran attention whore
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx
You best be joking Jeffster... first, Madonna is an ENFJ, and now Simon is ESTP?

Don't make me smack you with a copy of "Please Understand Me"...

His whole career is built on finding temporary gimmicks and squeezing whatever profit he can get out of them. Like getting number one records in the UK out of the Teletubbies and professional wrestlers. Based on your next post, you seem to be typing him based on the "grumpy judge" character he plays on American Idol. Look at what he has spent his career doing, and ESTP is a valid speculation. None of the people who have suggested NT have given a single reason why he would fit in that group.

Edgar

Nerd King Usurper
MBTI Type
INTJ
Instinctual Variant
sx
His whole career is built on finding temporary gimmicks and squeezing whatever profit he can get out of them. Like getting number one records in the UK out of the Teletubbies and professional wrestlers. Based on your next post, you seem to be typing him based on the "grumpy judge" character he plays on American Idol. Look at what he has spent his career doing, and ESTP is a valid speculation. None of the people who have suggested NT have given a single reason why he would fit in that group.

He must be one hell of an actor because he managed to keep his INTJ "grumpy demeanor" not only for 8 years on the American Idol, but also in every interview and appearance that he has conducted.

Simon Cowell is a "Bubble gum pop" producer. That type of music has always has been his specialty and in that type of genre of music there are rarely long term talents. It's the type of industry it is - and he adjusts his business accordingly. From what I can tell he views all his performer as commodity, no different than producing shoes that get sold and worn out in a year. It's like running a factory, only instead of shoes you produce S Club 7, Kelly Clarkson, and Clay Aiken.

swordpath

MBTI Type
ISTx
Enneagram
5w6
ESTP. Classic Promoter type.

I've read interviews where he admits he is very neat and precise in the orderliness of his house/property; like almost to (If not outright) an obsessive compulsive degree. This doesn't seem characteristic of ESTP at all.

In a lot of ways, Simon reminds me of a guy I work with - tested (and was blatantly obvious to me) INTJ. I called it with no hesitation before he tested.

ajblaise

Minister of Propagandhi
MBTI Type
INTP
I'd say ENTJ.

An INTJ version of Simon Cowell would be criticizing people from his couch, only ENTJs go into crowds of people are deride them.

Psychdigg

Simon Cowell's somatotype is Endomorph: 4.0 Mesomorph: 4.0 Ectomorph: 2.5

On the chart below he is close to 4,5,2 which would make him an ESFP

wpad5994d6_05.jpg

Last edited:

Elfboy

Certified Sausage Smoker
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
ENTJ 7w8 Sp/Sx

Mal12345

Permabanned
MBTI Type
IxTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Upon investigation, Simon Cowell comes across as a 7w8. 'I want to be happy, have good people around me. I want to be free and I don't want to be bored.'
"To me, Botox is no more unusual than toothpaste. It simply works. You do it twice a year. Who cares, and it balances my smoking and drinking."
"I am definitely vain. But to be honest with you, I can't think of one person on TV who isn't."

There is no INTUITION in Cowell's personality. I'm not seeing much there at all - a will to win, to be the best, to have the most popular TV show. He has a tendency to glamorize his childhood.

"I was outspoken, obnoxious, cheeky, and bored very easily. A strong-willed little brat."

His "performance" as judge on the audition shows was stolen from various run-ins he had with authority figures as a child who were trying to belittle him into behaving through such methods as ridicule and mockery.

As a child, he would tip over the Monopoly board when losing, rather than concede gracefully. He calls this behavior "competitive."

Now that you have something better to go on than his pretty dimpled grin and his audition show antics, perhaps you can do a little better at typing Simon Cowell.

I hope.

Mal12345

Permabanned
MBTI Type
IxTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
"I love getting money. I want to make money. Real money. Pocket money isn't enough. I want to be rich." - Simon Cowell.

I have yet to see any sign of intuition in that guy.

Mal12345

Permabanned
MBTI Type
IxTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Simon Cowell is so vain that he bought a sunlamp so that he could tan himself - but frustrated with how long it was taking to get a tan, he stayed too long under the sunlamp without safety goggles and had to be rushed to the hospital to have his eyes bandaged.

Mal12345

Permabanned
MBTI Type
IxTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp

Mal12345

Permabanned
MBTI Type
IxTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Huh...I was gonna say ENTJ.

Why is he I?

ESTP.

Simon Cowell is a Promoter.
Simon Cowell is very adaptable.
"The ESTP often has trouble in school..." Simon Cowell had trouble in school, and rebelled against authority. Portrait of an ESTP
"It would appear that ESTPs disliked being under rules and authority more than most types, and are not inclined towards treading the conventional management paths offered within corporations." This is Simon Cowell. ESTP Promotor | Oddly Developed Types

Some of you probably saw some guy on audition shows named "Simon Cowell" and decided he was a judger because he is a judge and because he is judgmental as a judge. This is an act he puts on for the shows X Factor and American Idol. He learned this act through watching and imitating authority figures as a youth, particularly in school.

The real Simon Cowell is a partier. He hates discipline and routine. He is impatient and wants everything now. Simon Cowell wants two things in life: money ("real money"), and success. These two things add up to "happiness" for Simon Cowell. He never refuses to give out autographs, perhaps only because this is part of his job, or perhaps because of some dim sense within him that other people desire happiness too.

"I want to be free and I don't want to be bored," says Simon Cwell.
"If confinement continues, an ESTP's stress increases. They feel empty and hollow inside, as if dead to the world. Their first impulse is to seek revenge by mocking other people’s values. They become increasingly anti-social and ridicule others with startling displays of disdainful behavior. By causing a scene, ESTPs rejuvenate their fading spirits and at the same time punish their oppressors. Like all SPs under stress, ESTPs get even by undoing the barriers to freedom, especially though gaining the trust and cooperation of others." Personality Types Under Stress

HongDou

navigating
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
Simon Cowell is a "Bubble gum pop" producer. That type of music has always has been his specialty and in that type of genre of music there are rarely long term talents. It's the type of industry it is - and he adjusts his business accordingly. From what I can tell he views all his performer as commodity, no different than producing shoes that get sold and worn out in a year. It's like running a factory, only instead of shoes you produce S Club 7, Kelly Clarkson, and Clay Aiken.

*jumps in this thread with a friendly reminder that Kelly Clarkson just released a Greatest Hits album containing her work of the past 10 years and is still climbing the billboard hot 100* :unicorn:

Mal12345

Permabanned
MBTI Type
IxTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Why Simon Cowell is ISTP | CelebrityTypes

Pretty good description in some ways (he got the STP right) - except it considers Cowell only as he appears on TV. No effort was made by the commentator to explore his personality in other venues.