• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Simon Cowell

What Personality Type is Simon Cowell?

• INFP

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • INFJ

• ENFP

• ENFJ

• INTP

• ENTP

• ISFP

• ISFJ

• ESFP

• ESFJ

• ESTJ

• 1w9

• 2w1

• 2w3

• 3w2

• 4w3

• 4w5

• 5w4

• 5w6

• 6w5

• 6w7

• 7w6

• 9w8

• 9w1

• Total voters

Mal12345

Permabanned
MBTI Type
IxTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
His whole career is built on finding temporary gimmicks and squeezing whatever profit he can get out of them. Like getting number one records in the UK out of the Teletubbies and professional wrestlers. Based on your next post, you seem to be typing him based on the "grumpy judge" character he plays on American Idol. Look at what he has spent his career doing, and ESTP is a valid speculation. None of the people who have suggested NT have given a single reason why he would fit in that group.

That's because they don't have any.

Even so, there is one tiny reason to consider Cowell an Intuitive rather than a Sensor: Intuition is more correlated with narcissism than Sensing.

Not that it matters. ESTP is the right call for Cowell.

highlander

Administrator
Staff member
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Why Simon Cowell is ISTP | CelebrityTypes

Pretty good description in some ways (he got the STP right) - except it considers Cowell only as he appears on TV. No effort was made by the commentator to explore his personality in other venues.

Some of the typings on that site are surprisingly bad. I'll go with ENTJ. The most visible thing in his communication style is Te. It seems likely that he is a Te dom.

Mal12345

Permabanned
MBTI Type
IxTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I'd have to guess ENTJ. Seems pretty likely that he is at least an NTJ. Why I chose ENTJ is because it seems like he has inferior Fi as he has no problem hurting many contestants. Tertiary Se seems to be at play as well because of his ability to make these flashy insults. An INTJ would probably be, for lack of a better word, a bit more boring.

A similar argument was made on celebritytypes.com, only with this difference: Cowell is considered an ISTP (Ti-dom) there because he has inferior Fe and has no problem hurting feelings.

It's that sort of reasoning from arbitrary axioms that made me almost abandon JCF altogether.

Mal12345

Permabanned
MBTI Type
IxTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Some of the typings on that site are surprisingly bad. I'll go with ENTJ. The most visible thing in his communication style is Te. It seems likely that he is a Te dom.

Do you get your ideas about his communication style from his audition shows? Even if so, his attitude in those shows is that of an ESTP who doesn't want to be there and who takes it out on the contestants.

Mal12345

Permabanned
MBTI Type
IxTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
"Eric [Simon's father] next used his contacts to arrange interviews for his son as a management trainee at Tesco, a grocery chain, and as a civil servant. Both ended in disaster because of Cowell's refusal to work in a structured environment... Despite his plight, he used his sole talent, entertaining friends, at parties, and with his charm and good looks he attracted girls."
Sweet Revenge: The Intimate Life Of Simon Cowell

Oaky

Travelling mind
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Te user dominant... but I don't know why most are giving him Ni... does anyone have any Ni source for Simon? I've always thought because he's so sensing specified he'd be far more likely to lean towards Si.

Mal12345

Permabanned
MBTI Type
IxTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Te user dominant... but I don't know why most are giving him Ni... does anyone have any Ni source for Simon? I've always thought because he's so sensing specified he'd be far more likely to lean towards Si.

ESTP. Simon has no need for controlled environments.

Oaky

Travelling mind
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
ESTP. Simon has no need for controlled environments.
You know, I can mildly see ESTP too if not TeSi but I would still have a few issues with it. Although you say he has no need for controlled environments his judgements on people seem almost too prematurely narrow-sighted that I can't see SeTi users doing it with their dominating perceiving function.

Mal12345

Permabanned
MBTI Type
IxTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
You know, I can mildly see ESTP too if not TeSi but I would still have a few issues with it. Although you say he has no need for controlled environments his judgements on people seem almost too prematurely narrow-sighted that I can't see SeTi users doing it with their dominating perceiving function.

Back in the day, when I was actually interested in this topic, I read a biography of Simon Cowell. The results of my investigation are posted above. I determined that every type call on this individual was made on the basis of the act he puts on for his television shows. His act is based on controlling authority figures he had to deal with as a child and wild teenager who were constantly criticizing him for his lack of self-control. The real Simon Cowell is a playboy. Some of his act comes from the advice of his father, some of which he actually paid attention to. But when he's not signing autographs for his fan-base, Simon Cowell is out playing on his yacht. When he's doing one of his television shows, he wishes he was out on his yacht instead, or doing something equally unproductive.

Oaky

Travelling mind
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Back in the day, when I was actually interested in this topic, I read a biography of Simon Cowell. The results of my investigation are posted above. I determined that every type call on this individual was made on the basis of the act he puts on for his television shows. His act is based on controlling authority figures he had to deal with as a child and wild teenager who were constantly criticizing him for his lack of self-control. The real Simon Cowell is a playboy. Some of his act comes from the advice of his father, some of which he actually paid attention to. But when he's not signing autographs for his fan-base, Simon Cowell is out playing on his yacht. When he's doing one of his television shows, he wishes he was out on his yacht instead, or doing something equally unproductive.
This makes sense. I haven't considered the act and I imagine he can certainly incline towards a particular character type with it. Certainly convincing and I can lean towards ESTP with that. My initial thoughts were more on that his Ni wasn't very clear in the common typing of NTJ and wished to refute it.

Mal12345

Permabanned
MBTI Type
IxTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
This makes sense. I haven't considered the act and I imagine he can certainly incline towards a particular character type with it. Certainly convincing and I can lean towards ESTP with that. My initial thoughts were more on that his Ni wasn't very clear in the common typing of NTJ and wished to refute it.

Biographies work well for typology. Autobiographies are best. Ni is not only not clear, it is invisible. It is the exact opposite of Simon Cowell. The only other type call I would even consider is ISTP - except he's not that. Se is Simon's dominant function as revealed by his lifestyle.

DreamBeliever

I don't know how you guys see NTJ for him. From what I know, read, & have seen of Simon I would definitely guess ISTP for him.

Mal12345

Permabanned
MBTI Type
IxTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I don't know how you guys see NTJ for him. From what I know, read, & have seen of Simon I would definitely guess ISTP for him.

Right. ESTP however, but it shows you have the right concept about how to do this typing.

It's impossible to separate their notions of Simon Cowell that they arrived at by watching him ACT on his tv shows from the real Simon Cowell.

DreamBeliever

Right. ESTP however, but it shows you have the right concept about how to do this typing.

It's impossible to separate their notions of Simon Cowell that they arrived at by watching him ACT on his tv shows from the real Simon Cowell.

Yes! A persona is not a person.

Betty Blue

Let me count the ways
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7W6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Idk about type but I always appreciated his appreciation of the quirky acts.:smile: