• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Robert Downey Jr.

What Personality Type Is Robert Downey Jr.?

• INFP

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • INFJ

• ENFJ

• INTP

• INTJ

• ISFP

• ISFJ

• ESFP

• ESFJ

• ISTP

• ISTJ

• ESTP

• ESTJ

• 1w9

• 1w2

• 2w1

• 2w3

• 3w2

• 3w4

• 4w3

• 4w5

• 5w4

• 8w7

• 8w9

• 9w8

• 9w1

• Total voters

CJ99

Is Willard in Footloose!!
MBTI Type
ENTP
Personally frm what everyones saying and all the quotes I'm saying ENTP. Its clear he can be absolutely charming but also that he can be detatched and a bit of a dick at times.
His views all seem to have a coherent logic as well.

Chloe

i dont know why people claim that each smart ENFP must be ENTP. Really.
Did you listen him describe his acting process? He fully absorbs in feelings, he's expert in that field. It really striked me when commentators said how he can act 2 opposite feelings at the same time, and how he does it very passionately.

being inconsiderate of other peoples feelings can be simply weakness, or moody nature so sometimes you care too much sometimes you're detached....

teacups&cupcakes

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
abcd
He has an album out (called The Futurist) that is pretty heartfelt, if that changes anything...

Totenkindly

@.~*virinaĉo*~.@
MBTI Type
BELF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
i dont know why people claim that each smart ENFP must be ENTP. Really.

What does 'smart' have to do with it?

I know anything I mentioned earlier had nothing to do with smart.... and I think ENFPs are near the top of the IQ charts in accumulated data I've seen.

'Smart' is not (and should not be) the basis for labeling him as a T.

Did you listen him describe his acting process? He fully absorbs in feelings, he's expert in that field. It really striked me when commentators said how he can act 2 opposite feelings at the same time, and how he does it very passionately.

Nice. Above, you were upset because someone insinuated ENFPs can't be smart, here you are immediately suggesting a T cannot passionately act and express two feelings at once, regardless of training and inborn talent. That seems odd to me. (Well, actually, let's be blunt: It's inconsistent.)

I think like a T, and people loved it when I play the piano during church worship because I could sense the mood and play into it and accentuate it. People felt things when I played, and not because of my technical ability, it was because of my "big picture/mood perception and creation" ability.

N goes a long way for TPs in terms of aesthetics and F-style emoting.
So does inborn talent and practice and experience.

Chloe

What does 'smart' have to do with it?

I know anything I mentioned earlier had nothing to do with smart.... and I think ENFPs are near the top of the IQ charts in accumulated data I've seen.

'Smart' is not (and should not be) the basis for labeling him as a T.

I noticed in general people like smarter ENXPs immediately type as ENTPs. It wasnt directed to you or anyone else, I just saw few ENTP typings..

I didnt say Ts cant be passionate... just that he seems to me like passionate in NF way, even when he isn't acting.

AphroditeGoneAwry

failure to thrive
MBTI Type
INfj
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
absolutely. cold vibe. T smarts....easy read. entp to me too.

When I say "T smarts" I mean something other than "F smarts." I'm not saying Ts are smarter, necessarily, than Fs. I really don't even think much about who is smarter or dumber or anything in mbti terms because I think intelligence hinges on so many different varibles and life experiences. And I just don't put much stock in IQ anymore, because if you are a dick, who cares if you are a genius?

T smarts in the case of RD, jr, in the split second I thought about it and posted it quickly, means to me that I can see his Ne taking everything in in an almost genius fashion (i think successful actors overall are quicker and smarter than your average people), and plying it with his Ti (which would be pretty good by now because he's well into his 40's) and the resultant expression of that in the characters that he plays. I think it's the Ne/Ti that lends him the ability to switch between characters so easily and quickly as opposed to having 'Feeling' which a previous poster (sorry can't remember her username--oh, Chloee!) stated. It's purely technical, honed skill, imo.

If he were enfp, he'd be using Ne/Fi, which could be. I just think he's a T more than an F.

Fecal McAngry

hey, it looks good. maybe i will!

Good. One mistake you and others make repeatedly is on the T/F axis, when the user's attitude does not match his preference...whether it's Eminem or Trent Reznor being mistyped as feelers, or Downey or Oscar Wilde being mistyped as ENTPs, this seems to be a very common sticking point for a lot of people. In fact, once you know what to look for, it is often easier to figure out whether someone extroverts or introverts feeling than whether they prefer F or T...

Hell, I've even seen John Lennon and Meryl Streep mistyped as Thinkers on this forum! I imagine if I were to meet some of these posters they'd think I was one! (((Shudder)))...

AphroditeGoneAwry

failure to thrive
MBTI Type
INfj
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Good. One mistake you and others make repeatedly is on the T/F axis, when the user's attitude does not match his preference...whether it's Eminem or Trent Reznor being mistyped as feelers, or Downey or Oscar Wilde being mistyped as ENTPs, this seems to be a very common sticking point for a lot of people. In fact, once you know what to look for, it is often easier to figure out whether someone extroverts or introverts feeling than whether they prefer F or T...

Hell, I've even seen John Lennon and Meryl Streep mistyped as Thinkers on this forum! I imagine if I were to meet some of these posters they'd think I was one! (((Shudder)))...

Well, who really knows WHO is mistaken? :) Even if RD, Jr took the mbti, it could still be wrong. Hell, on here even seasoned members with 3000 posts question their type. So, it's really all just conjecture and no one will ever really know.......we all have opinions. You just have to decide whose opinion you appreciate, or revere, more.

Asterion

Ruler of the Stars
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
No one _really_ knows anything! :newwink: There are only opinions and subjective perception. :coffee:

That's because MBTI doesn't really exist in the first place. I just saw Sherlok Holmes and it was pretty cool, he was such an ENTP... but he had the most incredible grasp of Si :huh:. Is that possible? Can you actually become that proficient in your inferior function? He had more Si than Fe...

He definitely seems like an ENTP to me, I haven't seen any Fi in any quotes or videos, I'd like them pointed out if anyone has any idea of what they're doing. I haven't seen much evidence for T either though.

visaisahero

MBTI Type
ENTP
My gut instinct wants to say ENTP, but many of you make a strong case for ENFP as well. I'm of the opinion that maybe getting over the drugs and all that made him "warmer" and lose some of the clinical coldness that most NTs tend to have. ENxP then!

visaisahero

MBTI Type
ENTP

and why not? I'm ENTP but sometimes I wake up in the morning and I'm ENFP. It happens. The only people who know best would be those people themeselves.

Sol_

MBTI Type
ESTJ
That's because MBTI doesn't really exist in the first place.

It's because our mind is subjective in principle and everybody may make a mistake.

Can you actually become that proficient in your inferior function? He had more Si than Fe...

Everything can be trained, there are good sportsmen (soccers, figure skaters, ...) with N type for example. But having particular success in something does not mean changing type.