• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Fiona Apple

What Personality Type Is Fiona Apple?

• INTP

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • INTJ

• ENTP

• ENTJ

• ISFJ

• ESFP

• ESFJ

• ISTJ

• ESTP

• ESTJ

• 1w9

• 1w2

• 2w3

• 3w2

• 3w4

• 5w4

• 5w6

• 6w7

• 7w8

• 8w7

• 8w9

• 9w8

• 9w1

• Total voters

Rala

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w3
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I think she's a 4 INFP still.

I don't see why 4s would not be open with shame - that's trademark 4 actually. The sx 4 is the angriest 4, the most scathing, almost counter-shame in wearing it so openly and wanting to attack people for "making" them feel that way. Her lyrics seem to embody this.

7s seem waaaaay less prone to open shame - they are called the Narcissistic type after all (Naranjo). They don't like to broadcast their negative qualities or they champion them if they do. They have a "this is not so bad" attitude where they refuse to be judged. The 4 is angry at being judged, but they truly do feel the shame and internalize it as identity.

Any nervous energy she has at times seems drug-related, honestly. She's not well emotionally or physically, and that throws off typing someone.

I do retract my previous idea that she is 4w5. She is too open for that typing, even though she is supposedly rather reclusive at times. 4w3 is very much a dramatic performer though. 4w3 Morrissey is soooo dramatic on stage, ripping his shirt off, clutching his heart....

I totally agree with you there. I relate too much to her music. :D

Tomb1

IEI-Fe 4w5 so/sx

Ni/Fe converts inner worlds into new modes of expression.

neko 4

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp
Have you guys ever heard "Never Is A Promise"? Not Seven-like at all. More like 4w5.

What about "To Your Love"?
"Please forgive me for my distance
Pain has ever haunted my existence
Please forgive me for my distance
The shame is manifest in my resistance to your love" NOT Seven.

Last edited:

neko 4

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp
No, 5 is in her tri-type.
I'm a 4w5 and I can be self-mocking and silly-acting. In fact, people who don't know me well might see me as more silly than serious. It doesn't mean I'm Sevenish.

Tina&Jane

Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
I definitely think INFP, but I'm less sure about enneagram even though I voted 4w5. I always love watching interviews with her because she's an interesting mix of being sensitive and vulnerable, while also being incredibly self-aware and not afraid to speak her mind.

stoic

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
This is a hard one, I see a strong 4, 5, and 6 fixation. I'm not really sure where people are hearing or seeing the 7-fixation.
I really want to say she's a 4w5 or counterphobic 6w5. Seems INFP-T, 4w5-6w5-1w9 (461) to me.
The reason I'd say her gut center is 1 is that she's very critical of herself and others in her songs and this is common with the philosopher. 461 feels insecure and can become overly critical of themselves and the world. Possibly 469 though.

Feeling misunderstood in a very self-aware manner, understanding their two different perspectives and contrasting them. Actively seeking out a deeper understanding of the events and her circumstance. She is not running or trying to escape anything. Rather, "courage" is something she finds through interpretation and insight. This all seems very wing-5 with some strong 4 vibes.

Anxiety and second-guessing. This song makes me think of 6 and 5. She also doesn’t seem to think that she lives up to her own expectations. She wants to escape from her own thoughts about herself and the judgment of others. This makes me think of 4 and 5.

This song just seems very 4 to me. I see the inner critic and the getting something good she feels she doesn't deserve. Feeling guilty(shameful) for her sexuality and wanting to be punished for it. In this song, she's asking for guidance but she's also self-aware and holds onto responsibility for her bad deeds. In many ways this seems also very reflective of a counterphobic 6.

This song she sings about a Type 7 in comparison to her.

I certainly haven't been shopping for any new shoes
- And -
I certainly haven't been spreading myself around
I still only travel by foot and by foot, it's a slow climb
But I'm good at being uncomfortable so
I can't stop changing all the time
I noticed that my opponent is always on the go
- And -
Won't go slow, so 's not to focus, and I notice
He'll hitch a ride with any guide, as long as
They go fast from whence he came
But he's no good at being uncomfortable, so
He can't stop staying exactly the same

To me, this shows her persistence to look inwards even though it's hard to stay there. It makes her "extraordinary".

If this isn't screaming counterphobic 6. Again though, I see 4 in here.

Another counterphobic 6 song which could also fit to 4. Wanting love without needing to earn it. Then, distrusting love that isn't earned. Taking love as a distraction from her fears and anxieties or her depression.

Melancholy. Sentimental wanderer and observer. Daydreaming. Being weird and different. Wondering why she can't be more normal. Feeling mysterious. Simply 4w5.

yeghor

Why not ISFP but INFP? Her style is not eccentric like that of Helena Bonham Carter, therefore she does not exhibit Ne style. Her clips seem to be about sex and pleasure and senses, which are more like Se stuff.