• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Rooney Mara

What Personality Type is Rooney Mara?

• INFP

Votes: 1 25.0%
  • INFJ

Votes: 2 50.0%
  • ENFP

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • ENFJ

• INTP

• INTJ

• ENTP

• ENTJ

• ISFP

Votes: 1 25.0%
  • ISFJ

• ESFP

• ESFJ

• ISTP

• ISTJ

• ESTP

• ESTJ

• 1w9

• 1w2

• 2w1

• 2w3

• 3w2

• 3w4

• 4w3

• 4w5

• 5w4

• 5w6

• 6w5

• 6w7

• 7w6

• 7w8

• 8w7

• 8w9

• 9w8

• 9w1

• Total voters

highlander

Administrator
Staff member
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Rooney Mara

You Must Be Registered To Vote

What type do you think Roony Mara is?

[YOUTUBE="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AoRCqItG5xI"]Rooney Mara[/YOUTUBE]

Last edited:

highlander

Administrator
Staff member
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
[YOUTUBE="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3dqOSxH-mwI&feature=related"]Rooney Mara[/YOUTUBE]

Hard to find a video where she is opening up...

highlander

Administrator
Staff member
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I don't know exactly. I just get an INFJ vibe from her.

I am curious.

INFJs - [MENTION=10315]Aquarelle[/MENTION] [MENTION=112]Kyrielle[/MENTION] [MENTION=4212]Peguy[/MENTION] [MENTION=6336]AphroditeGoneAwry[/MENTION] [MENTION=10423]Lily flower[/MENTION] [MENTION=14498]Cloud of Thunder[/MENTION] [MENTION=13357]Crescent Fresh[/MENTION] [MENTION=14212]Reverie[/MENTION] [MENTION=8888]CuriousFeeling[/MENTION] [MENTION=14857]fia[/MENTION] [MENTION=7111]fidelia[/MENTION] [MENTION=7040]Forever_Jung[/MENTION] [MENTION=5723]Tiltyred[/MENTION] [MENTION=7842]Z Buck McFate[/MENTION]

Do you agree with VeniVidiVici?

I have never recognized an INFJ IRL. I have a hard time identifying Ni doms in general. There are certain functions that I'm pretty good at recognizing in people - Te, Si, Ti and Ne for example. Ni - I have a very hard time recognizing.

highlander

Administrator
Staff member
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
It's probable in my opinion. INFJ or INFP is what I sense from her mannerisms.

What are the mannerisms you're referring to?

CuriousFeeling

From the Undertow
MBTI Type
INfJ
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I can see INFJ as a possibility from watching the video... the thing is, sometimes INFJs when being interviewed, especially when explaining things, tend to take on a more "thinker" like vibe... the tone of voice dampens down as the INFJ is searching around for the words to say and ideas. I notice her eyes keep looking around like she's searching for her train of thought which is indicative of intuition. Ni is inner intuition, so it isn't outright noticeable, and Ti coupled with it tends to make the Fe less apparent when giving explanations.

Siúil a Rúin

when the colors fade
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Interesting. Why?
I'm really slow to draw any conclusions about people and so don't care to state a type, but these are my observations:

She seems quite hidden with glimpses into a richer world of feeling based on her facial expressions which are primarily controlled and understated, but with an occasional mannerism that is short-lived, but overstated. She gives me the feeling that she feels more than she generally communicates. There is more of a harder edge and controlled quality about her than I personally share, but I think that is also a defensive mechanism. She seems like she might be difficult to get close to. I suspect those are some of the qualities that give people an "INFJ vibe". I don't think there is anything about iNtuition that defies explanation. The clip did not show much about her thought processes, but more glimpses into her socialization, I would say.

S

Sniffles

What are the mannerisms you're referring to?
I can see INFJ as a possibility from watching the video... the thing is, sometimes INFJs when being interviewed, especially when explaining things, tend to take on a more "thinker" like vibe... the tone of voice dampens down as the INFJ is searching around for the words to say and ideas. I notice her eyes keep looking around like she's searching for her train of thought which is indicative of intuition. Ni is inner intuition, so it isn't outright noticeable, and Ti coupled with it tends to make the Fe less apparent when giving explanations.
Pretty much ^^^. I would add the kind of shy laugh and smile she makes when starting to talk about herself is something I often do.

highlander

Administrator
Staff member
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
the thing is, sometimes INFJs when being interviewed, especially when explaining things, tend to take on a more "thinker" like vibe... the tone of voice dampens down as the INFJ is searching around for the words to say and ideas. I notice her eyes keep looking around like she's searching for her train of thought which is indicative of intuition. Ni is inner intuition, so it isn't outright noticeable, and Ti coupled with it tends to make the Fe less apparent when giving explanations.

I know I do this thing when asked a question - I look up to the right or sometimes down or sometimes straight (whatever) - as I'm searching for the pieces to communicate and the words to express this vague stuff in my head. Maybe that could be one clue for recognizing Ni. People who show strong Ne bounce all over the place with their ideas and thoughts - it's fun to listen to. Ni maybe is different because people have these ideas or conclusions on things that sometimes I don't fully understand and may not agree with because somehow they may seem wrong. Since neither of us can explain how we came to our conclusions too well, we're left with these co-existing views and a lack of clarity on how they come together.

I'm really slow to draw any conclusions about people and so don't care to state a type, but these are my observations:

She seems quite hidden with glimpses into a richer world of feeling based on her facial expressions which are primarily controlled and understated, but with an occasional mannerism that is short-lived, but overstated. She gives me the feeling that she feels more than she generally communicates. There is more of a harder edge and controlled quality about her than I personally share, but I think that is also a defensive mechanism. She seems like she might be difficult to get close to. I suspect those are some of the qualities that give people an "INFJ vibe". I don't think there is anything about iNtuition that defies explanation. The clip did not show much about her thought processes, but more glimpses into her socialization, I would say.

So, this is where I get confused. Fi doms often seem to feel more than they are able to communicate. Their thought processes are not well communicated verbally. My initial guess with her is was she is an Fi dom - like an ISFP or INFP or something. The role in the movie sure seems SPish but I suppose that doesn't mean anything. Would someone who prefers Fe take on a role like that and be so effective in being that person on screen? It seems weird to me for some reason. She seems to feel like she identifies with the character in the movie in many ways which she doesn't want to elaborate on, other than being a loner and feeling different than others. It's like there are some negative or darker things that she doesn't want to say (or at least that is what I imagined).

Z Buck McFate

Pepperidge Farm remembers.
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Well she does kind of have that stoic school ma’am/hard edge/seriousness about her, that suggests IxxJ to me. And I do the same thing with my eyes, especially if I’m in an unfamiliar environment. But I’ve never heard of her before, these videos are all I’ve ever seen of her, so I really can’t say.

highlander

Administrator
Staff member
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Well she does kind of have that stoic school ma’am/hard edge/seriousness about her, that suggests IxxJ to me. And I do the same thing with my eyes, especially if I’m in an unfamiliar environment. But I’ve never heard of her before, these videos are all I’ve ever seen of her, so I really can’t say.

She's up for the Academy award for best actress for her role in The Girl With The Dragon Tattoo, which she costars in with Daniel Craig (i.e. the current James Bond).

She was also Mark Zuckerberg's girlfriend at the beginning of The Social Network.

Crescent Fresh

Diving into Ni-space
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5
I... the tone of voice dampens down as the INFJ is searching around for the words to say and ideas. I notice her eyes keep looking around like she's searching for her train of thought which is indicative of intuition...

+1

I notice INFJ usually have a difficulty to look straight into the listener's eyes by offering proper eye-contact. Perhaps that's why I've been struggling from job interview a lot. I also tend to resemble Rooney's facial expression and the soft spoken mannerism. So my guess is she's an INFJ.

She was also Mark Zuckerberg's girlfriend at the beginning of The Social Network.

OMG! I didn't notice this! Thanks for pointing this out!

Southern Kross

Away with the fairies
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
She seems very INXX but it's hard to tell exactly which. I agree with [MENTION=14857]fia[/MENTION] that she thinks and feels a lot more than she communicates. She clearly really struggles with the media stuff (I've seen a few more interviews of her too) and I get the impression that she's either: giving people what they want but in the mimimum amount so they will leave her alone; and/or, is very awkward and protective about communicating her views and inner world. This makes me lean more toward INXP, because INFJs, even if shy, tend to have a bit more social graces than she displays, and INTJs aren't reticent inexpressing their views. She seems to lack that easy fluidity that INXJs have; that smooth way they transition between ideas. Also with her answers I always feel like she's saying too little or elaborates too much - which is the sort of social ineptitude I associate with INXPs. :shrug:

Orangey

Blah
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
6w5
Everything people have been describing seems to fit well with ISTJ.