• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Rooney Mara

What Personality Type is Rooney Mara?

• INFP

Votes: 1 25.0%
  • INFJ

Votes: 2 50.0%
  • ENFP

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • ENFJ

• INTP

• INTJ

• ENTP

• ENTJ

• ISFP

Votes: 1 25.0%
  • ISFJ

• ESFP

• ESFJ

• ISTP

• ISTJ

• ESTP

• ESTJ

• 1w9

• 1w2

• 2w1

• 2w3

• 3w2

• 3w4

• 4w3

• 4w5

• 5w4

• 5w6

• 6w5

• 6w7

• 7w6

• 7w8

• 8w7

• 8w9

• 9w8

• 9w1

• Total voters

Z Buck McFate

Pepperidge Farm remembers.
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
This makes me lean more toward INXP, because INFJs, even if shy, tend to have a bit more social graces than she displays, and INTJs aren't reticent inexpressing their views. She seems to lack that easy fluidity that INXJs have; that smooth way they transition between ideas.

I noticed *something* was remarkably familiar about the way she was speaking, but I couldn’t quite place it. Yeah, there’s a distinct lack of fluidity. But it seems to me more like an sp/sx variant thing than something I’d categorize in mbti terms. It’s like her focus isn’t going on the presentation of her answers (on the general ‘form’ of her answer- she’s not focusing on the other person to see how it’s received) so much as focusing on the question itself and the content of her answer. So, I don’t know, this really seems like more an sp/sx (and least so) variant thing to me.

Harrison Ford is another good example of sp/sx- so much lack of fluidity, it’s almost awkward to watch (but endearing, imo).

Forever_Jung

MBTI Type
ESFJ
I noticed *something* was remarkably familiar about the way she was speaking, but I couldn’t quite place it. Yeah, there’s a distinct lack of fluidity. But it seems to me more like an sp/sx variant thing than something I’d categorize in mbti terms. It’s like her focus isn’t going on the presentation of her answers (on the general ‘form’ of her answer- she’s not focusing on the other person to see how it’s received) so much as focusing on the question itself and the content of her answer. So, I don’t know, this really seems like more an sp/sx (and least so) variant thing to me.

Harrison Ford is another good example of sp/sx- so much lack of fluidity, it’s almost awkward to watch (but endearing, imo).

As a sp subtype, I can relate to that. BUT, I think [MENTION=5871]Southern Kross[/MENTION]'s point is valid as well. IFJ's tend to be much more measured and fluid in my experience. If they can't gracefully come up with what the want to say, they seem to opt for the conservative strategy and omit it, rather than choppily struggle to say it. But Z Buck, I guess you are an INFJ, so you would know better than me. :newwink:

IP's are so awkward. Mara could be an INFP IMO. I could actually see her as an ISTJ as well though, Fi-Si vs. Si-Fi can look similar at times. It's hard to read her because so much is submerged and these hollywood interviews aren't exactly raw talk therapy sessions.

Southern Kross

Away with the fairies
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
Everything people have been describing seems to fit well with ISTJ.
Could be. She gives so little of herself in interviews and I don't get a strong, immediate reading on anything but introversion. I do instinctively identify with her communication style and demeanour but I can't say if it's Ne+Si or Fi+Te (or both, should she be a ISTJ or INFP) that I'm clicking with. Perhaps she is one of those sorts of people you have to type by process of elimination rather than by what she could be.

I hadn't thought of that - it is a possibility.

Your second point is brilliant, though. It's an impression I got too. It's like she's talking at people, not to them - which is something I identify with (as I do it too :blush: ). But to me this eliminates Fe-doms/aux, because I think Fe users would counteract the sp/sx effects to some degree. I mean even with your example of Harrison Ford, isn't he a ISTJ? To me, this behaviour is associated with dominant Fi, Ti, or possibly Si. I also think she seems to lack any dom/aux Se - something I can't justify this beyond the fact she seems so un-SP like.

Combine this with the other factors and this would leave us INFP, INTP, ISTJ.

It's hard to read her because so much is submerged and these hollywood interviews aren't exactly raw talk therapy sessions.
Yes. She is intriguing though. I've read lately that some press have been bagging her for not being smiley and personable enough at the award events; and from this they've determined she must be an entitled, snooty bitch. :doh: I suppose they also have what they know of her family and background in mind when they draw that conclusion, though...

Orangey

Blah
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
6w5
Edit: Actually, I've watched more shit and she seems ENFJ.

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
Relates with a character who prefers alone time, warms up slowly. Succinctly describes an estp gone wrong, which seems more likely to come out of an infj's mouth, but take a few steps back. Consider that her responses are chunked; pretty much strictly based on partial comparison. sp/so e45 you finish the rest.

Orangey

Blah
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
6w5
Relates with a character who prefers alone time, warms up slowly. Succinctly describes an estp gone wrong, which seems more likely to come out of an infj's mouth, but take a few steps back. Consider that her responses are chunked; pretty much strictly based on partial comparison. sp/so e45 you finish the rest.

ISFJ

Reverie

In orbit
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w3
Instinctual Variant
sx
She seems very INXX but it's hard to tell exactly which. I agree with [MENTION=14857]fia[/MENTION] that she thinks and feels a lot more than she communicates. She clearly really struggles with the media stuff (I've seen a few more interviews of her too) and I get the impression that she's either: giving people what they want but in the mimimum amount so they will leave her alone; and/or, is very awkward and protective about communicating her views and inner world. This makes me lean more toward INXP, because INFJs, even if shy, tend to have a bit more social graces than she displays, and INTJs aren't reticent inexpressing their views. She seems to lack that easy fluidity that INXJs have; that smooth way they transition between ideas. Also with her answers I always feel like she's saying too little or elaborates too much - which is the sort of social ineptitude I associate with INXPs. :shrug:
You've made some really good points. I tend to keep the conversation flowing in interviews, and more importantly I find that the Fe works in such a way that all interviews have a way of becoming private one-on-one conversations. I have such a need to make the other person comfortable... ;D I've seen myself talk on tape and was suprised at how much facial expressions I have...that's the Fe again, I'm guessing.

Edit: Actually, I've watched more shit and she seems ENFJ.
I'd say definitely not. My enfj friends are very sociable and would probably end up interviewing the interviewer.. ;)

Orangey

Blah
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
6w5
I'd say definitely not. My enfj friends are very sociable and would probably end up interviewing the interviewer.. ;)

You're probably mistaking ESFJ people for ENFJ. It happens a lot, since ESFJs have very apparent Fe, but there is a big difference in how they come off. ENFJs are In Charge while ESFJs are Get Things Going, which means that ESFJs are going to come off more classically sociable. They're the ones bouncing off walls and talking to everybody. Motormouths.

I don't think she's an introvert. She seems perfectly comfortable talking and giving good, articulate answers...it's just that she comes off as not all that interested in what's going on. That's why she looks all super srs bsns. Compare her to real introverts like Kristen Stewart (ISTP) or Michael Cera (INFJ) and you get a good idea of the difference.

Reverie

In orbit
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w3
Instinctual Variant
sx
You're probably mistaking ESFJ people for ENFJ. It happens a lot, since ESFJs have very apparent Fe, but there is a big difference in how they come off. ENFJs are In Charge while ESFJs are Get Things Going, which means that ESFJs are going to come off more classically sociable. They're the ones bouncing off walls and talking to everybody. Motormouths.
Not this time :) This one I'm talking about is definitely an ENFJ. She's a talented psychologist and had been MBTI typed as a part of her studies.

windoverlake

MBTI Type
INFJ
She does exhibit Fe but she has a reticent, self-conscious quality, held back quality. She has a delicateness and visible poise to her that goes with Si-dom. ISFJ.

Forever

Permabanned
MBTI Type
NiFi
Enneagram
3w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Good job, good job. Pretty good picture of her.

windoverlake

MBTI Type
INFJ
She does exhibit Fe but she has a reticent, self-conscious quality, held back quality. She has a delicateness and visible poise to her that goes with Si-dom. ISFJ.

Her early interviews are very different from her more recent ones. She's a chameleon. ISFJ could still fit, but now I'm less sure. IXFX.