• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Eminem?

What Personality Type is Eminem?

• Total voters

Mycroft

The elder Holmes
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
He seethes with an intensity and consistency only INXJs can muster.

Although he seems to have calmed in recent years, right as he's hitting PTGatsby's elsewhere-mentioned mid-30s. (Appeal to authority!)

Also I suspect that becoming fantastically wealthy and winning custody of his daughter didn't hurt.

The Ü™

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I'm with Mycroft. I think Eminem is an INFJ, specifically. His music is strongly fantasy-oriented and full of feeling.

Usehername

On a mission
INFJ was actually my initial guess; an NF grown up in a ridiculously unhealthy home life, not much money... fits hte description of boy-has-to-turn-badass-or-not-survive.

I thought I saw Ni in him but I didn't know to what degree. I'm fascinated with his abilities to rap. He's so good at it.

Economica

Dhampyr
MBTI Type
INTJ
Those of you calling INXJ, have you seen/heard the interviews I linked to (or other interviews)? :huh:

Economica

Dhampyr
MBTI Type
INTJ
Oh, and regarding his music: He has an insane talent for rhyme (i.e. relating to words based on how they sound) and for the act of rapping (his enunciation is stupefyingly accurate). Do those skills really strike you as Ni rather than Se? :huh:

Siúil a Rúin

when the colors fade
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I think ISTP. The way he thinks and talks about things in his music, and also the way he is in interviews (both the ones where he's quite shy and unsure, and ones where he's full of bravado), just really reminds me of both my ISTP friend and also my step-grandma says he reminds her of my step-dad, also ISTP, when he was in his teens and 20's. I think he's quite common for how that type gets if they get into rebellion in their teens in a big way...

my gut-typing of him is ISFP or ISTP.

ISTP is my initial feeling about him as well. ISTPs can look like iNtuitives because they are analytical and look at entire systems. They are also brash, often tough, and sarcastic. He is a curiosity to me and so I have watched him over the years. His unique way of playing with language is worth noting, although I'm not certain which type it suggests.

The INFJ suggestions are interesting, but INFJs are one of the most abstract types. I can't quite see it in him.

Economica

Dhampyr
MBTI Type
INTJ
ISTP is my initial feeling about him as well. ISTPs can look like iNtuitives because they are analytical and look at entire systems. They are also brash, often tough, and sarcastic.

You see him as tough? :huh: I see him as playing tough... Not at all out of character for an ISFP with anger issues and in a macho subculture.

Siúil a Rúin

when the colors fade
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
You see him as tough? :huh: I see him as playing tough... Not at all out of character for an ISFP with anger issues and in a macho subculture.
Not that ISFPs can't be tough, but based on what he lived through and made of himself, I assure you he is tough. ;)

ptgatsby

MBTI Type
ISTP
I held off on commenting on this because I can see both sides - however, I think from the expressed behaviours, he is almost certainly SP and I would have to go with xSFP over xSTP, although I would have to go with ESFP over ISFP... but I can't read much into the I/E and the F/T. I'm basing it on generalities but... I think there are enough of them to make it probable.

I could see other interpretations - it's not clear. He's had a messed up life.

quietgirl

MBTI Type
INFJ
I've always thought ISFP. His lyrics seem to ooze Fi to me - especially in the way he seems to blame other people's actions for making him feel a certain way. My INFP brother does this as well. A Fe person is more liable to blame themselves for not doing something differently to please the other person. He seems to express himself in a way very similar to my ISFP ex boyfriend - who was also a very negative, angry person at his core.

Mondo

Welcome to Sunnyside
MBTI Type
EsTP
Enneagram
6w7
Eminem

What type do you think he is?
I'm stuck between INFP & ENFP.
His lyrics seem very Ne & Fi overall- witty and meaningful.

sakuraba

Permabanned
MBTI Type
(y)
Enneagram
7w8
Eminem is NT.

If his lyrics aren't a dead give away, then his demand for autonomy and privacy should tell you that.

sakuraba

Permabanned
MBTI Type
(y)
Enneagram
7w8
INTJ exploring inferior Fi in his music.

Yeah. Or ENTJ 6w5. 5-wing making him seem introverted.

Many ppl think he's ENTP, but I dont get that vibe from him.

Simplexity

MBTI Type
INTP
Yeah. Or ENTJ 6w5. 5-wing making him seem introverted.

Many ppl think he's ENTP, but I dont get that vibe from him.

I think theres little chance hes Extroverted, even considering the childhood issues. There is too much of an inclination to self reflect and just watching his mannerism's and actions it's pretty clear to see he's a plain introvert. His earlier music I think was a lot more indicative of his true nature too, I used to be a big fan his new shit is pretty much garbage.