• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Eminem?

What Personality Type is Eminem?

• Total voters

Entropic

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
8w9
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
What is that supposed to mean? Were you offended by me calling most people on here uneducated? I'm sorry if you took it personally, I was just trying to say that I will take a professional's opinion over the average mbti geek. Most people on here use more stereotypes when typing fictional characters and celebrities than actual evidence, so it's easier to trust the owner of a site that many psychologists call the one true mbti site.

What, so you are just going to blindly trust some kind of external authority, lol? What happened to one's ability to think independently and critically, and examine authority and arrive at your own independent conclusions? Just because they are a big MBTI site and they have studied Jung, it doesn't mean they are always right. A person can be just as educated without a PhD. Titles don't infer ability to assimilate knowledge; simply that you received a formal education.

I have no doubt that some of the typings on there are inaccurate. I don't think any typing done based on what is known about a celebrity really can be that accurate. The reason I believe in their typings is that they have stereotype free typings. They don't buy into the fact that sensors are superficial or that intuition is imaginative, plus they actually debate their points if someone thinks they are wrong and regularly adapt their typings if someone makes a good case. Chances are if the typing is being done by a professional psychologist that is actually considering the opinions of many other professionals then most of the typings are going to be accurate. Just out of curiosity, what specific ideas does he use in his typings that you doubt?

The part in bold is honestly laughable as an argument. A lot of people who study the system a little more beyond the function dichotomies arrive at these conclusions as well; it doesn't take a rocket scientist to understand, assuming that one actually is able to somewhat assimilate a deeper understanding of what Jungian cognition is about.

Jungian typing is a very interpretative kind of science, and as such, any person is as able and capable to interpret, assuming one has a basic grasp of the system in question, which most people even in online circles, have.

I think Eminem's an ISFP 6 - not sure about the wing tho.

6w5.

Kensei

MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
7w8
Instinctual Variant
sx
First of all, I do not blindly follow authority. I analyze every typing they do. They give quotes from the celebrity to support every typing and I always read them to make sure they aren't bullshitting. Second of all, sure random people on online forums could have some good insights, but out of all the sites I've visited, CT is the most scientifically valid, why? Because they study from actual books instead of getting their information off of tumblr, and they debate every typing with others to prove it's correct. If you think their typings are mostly innaccurate, why don't you go on there and debate tem yourself,and if you still think I'm crazy, I'd like to know the exact typings that you think are wrong and the reasoning behind the hypothesis of them being wrong.
What, so you are just going to blindly trust some kind of external authority, lol? What happened to one's ability to think independently and critically, and examine authority and arrive at your own independent conclusions? Just because they are a big MBTI site and they have studied Jung, it doesn't mean they are always right. A person can be just as educated without a PhD. Titles don't infer ability to assimilate knowledge; simply that you received a formal education.

The part in bold is honestly laughable as an argument. A lot of people who study the system a little more beyond the function dichotomies arrive at these conclusions as well; it doesn't take a rocket scientist to understand, assuming that one actually is able to somewhat assimilate a deeper understanding of what Jungian cognition is about.

Jungian typing is a very interpretative kind of science, and as such, any person is as able and capable to interpret, assuming one has a basic grasp of the system in question, which most people even in online circles, have.

6w5.

Entropic

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
8w9
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
First of all, I do not blindly follow authority. I analyze every typing they do. They give quotes from the celebrity to support every typing

I am not a premium member, but a lot of the quotes they do offer don't seem to necessarily suggest all that much, to me, cognitively speaking. Some of them are also extremely off.

and I always read them to make sure they aren't bullshitting. Second of all, sure random people on online forums could have some good insights, but out of all the sites I've visited, CT is the most scientifically valid, why? Because they study from actual books

And anyone can pick up a free copy of Psychological Types and read Jung's works:

http://www.american-buddha.com/lit.jungpsychtypes.toc.htm

Typing people isn't rocket science imo. You can just go to a generic interview of the said person and listen to how they seem to cognize reality. That's how simple it is.

instead of getting their information off of tumblr, and they debate every typing with others to prove it's correct.

Here's the problem, you can't prove this. There's no way we can objectively quantify whether a typing is correct; the only way to "prove" anything is to see how well your reasoning matches up with the definitions that are offered but that is interpretative and thus, also subjective.

If you think their typings are mostly innaccurate, why don't you go on there and debate tem yourself,and if you still think I'm crazy, I'd like to know the exact typings that you think are wrong and the reasoning behind the hypothesis of them being wrong.

I really have no interest to go argue with them on most of their typings because I frankly got no real opinion on most of the people on their site, and it's really too much effort for me to bother. My problem isn't with their typings anyway, but my problem is how you assert that they are some kind of type authority and that you make the claims that they are somehow more accurate or objective just "titles" or "less stereotypes". You haven't offered a single compelling argument as to why they are more accurate than that of others in ways other people cannot be.

Franz

MBTI Type
enfp
“Typing someone is interesting but difficult.” - Jung

"It is often very difficult to find out whether a person belongs to one type or the other." - Jung

Starry

“Typing someone is interesting but difficult.” - Jung

"It is often very difficult to find out whether a person belongs to one type or the other." - Jung

I understand the impact quotes can have when left to speak for themselves and not adulterated by the addition of a layman's commentary... But idk...whenever I dip-in to an author's more controversial stuff... I do try to add a few lines of explanation just so no one is left shocked and confused or whatever.

When I consider Eminem's upbringing and manner I do see why people often say ISTP but...

INTJ 6w5cp

Starry

Are you claiming [MENTION=8413]Zarathustra[/MENTION] is secretly Eminem wandering around this forum in a new identity?

haha. I'm going to start collecting posts by you to be used as clear evidence against ESFP whenever I see someone trying to type you in that way - starting with this one.

To your question...sadly no.

What I am saying in an extraordinarily round-about way... is if [MENTION=8413]Zarathustra[/MENTION] had had any exposure to any form of true badassness during his upbringing and just happened to be pretty fuckin decent with that rap music... Eminem would be his TypoC dupe.

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w8
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I would say he is the ESI of Socionics. FiSe but with the dichotomies of ISF+J.

windoverlake

MBTI Type
INFJ

I don't know enough about Eminem to type him yet, but I don't think he's an NT.

tommyc

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5
I reckon INFP. He's very imaginative, loves playing different characters, doing voices etc. Weird comparison but he kinda reminds me of Calvin from Calvin and Hobbes. Also (obviously) very skilled at wordplay, putting together rhyming schemes. This would fit with INFP. I don't think INFJ because there's no overarching goal to his life and work. I don't think extrovert because he seems to use his music to express himself, in interviews he's really quiet.

tommyc

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5
what makes you think S rather than N? Surely his intuitive ability to put together rhyming schemes that no-one else would think of suggests an N? It's not a conscious process, his rapping. It's instinctive. If you look at his early freestyles, he's improvising so quick. I can't see how you'd do that unless it was an intuitive process. (imo)

windoverlake

MBTI Type
INFJ
what makes you think S rather than N? Surely his intuitive ability to put together rhyming schemes that no-one else would think of suggests an N? It's not a conscious process, his rapping. It's instinctive. If you look at his early freestyles, he's improvising so quick. I can't see how you'd do that unless it was an intuitive process. (imo)

ISXP has Ni in Tertiary so their Ni process can actually seem like "not a conscious process" and "instinctive". Besides which, improvising isn't strictly in the domain of iNtuitives and can generally/easily be observed in XXXP types.

tommyc

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5
I guess it's just his flights of fancy and imagination lead me to believe he's more of an idealist than a realist. And I was under the impression ISFP's are characterised by their warmth and homeliness (ie Michael Jackson). Although you could argue he's scarred by his upbringing. But then so was Jackson :alttongue:

Blackout

Permabanned
MBTI Type
infp
Enneagram
4w3
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Wouldn't an S focus more on the present, though

he doesn't just focus on the present, or the experience of things, and he also tends to sort of romanticize things. Most of his work seems to be about hard-luck stories, though don't they? ro how much he hates his mother.

windoverlake

MBTI Type
INFJ
I guess it's just his flights of fancy and imagination lead me to believe he's more of an idealist than a realist. And I was under the impression ISFP's are characterised by their warmth and homeliness (ie Michael Jackson). Although you could argue he's scarred by his upbringing. But then so was Jackson :alttongue:

Again, "flights of fancy and imagination" can be observed across types. It comes down to preference: what is dominant, what is the consistent pattern. Who's to say, for certain, when it comes to a temperamental and reclusive recording artist such as Eminem, but based on his output, he seems to display strong expression of ISTP over ISFP or XNFX.

Wouldn't an S focus more on the present, though

he doesn't just focus on the present, or the experience of things, and he also tends to sort of romanticize things. Most of his work seems to be about hard-luck stories, though don't they? ro how much he hates his mother.

Sensors express dominant preference for sensory information and experience. XSXP is the most likely to focus on the present. XNXP can also focus on the present in similar ways, but IME XNXPs are less in the body than XSXPs; they are less able to keep pace with the XSXP's in-the-moment adaptability and general stamina.

Hard-luck stories and hating one's mother isn't type-related, and definitely not attributable to N/S. As for romanticizing things, that can be a lot different things defined in multiple ways, depending on who's defining it. Need more info.

tommyc

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5
Again, "flights of fancy and imagination" can be observed across types. It comes down to preference: what is dominant, what is the consistent pattern.

Exactly, and I'd argue his music suggests that his idealist side is dominant. But then, thinking about it, he does talk about stuff going on in the present, if not in a realistic fashion particularly.

I'd be willing to accept ISFP, I can see that. Can't quite see ISTP though. He's far too emotion-based. His whole artistic trajectory has been based on the ups and downs of his emotions.

windoverlake

MBTI Type
INFJ
Exactly, and I'd argue his music suggests that his idealist side is dominant. But then, thinking about it, he does talk about stuff going on in the present, if not in a realistic fashion particularly.

I'd be willing to accept ISFP, I can see that. Can't quite see ISTP though. He's far too emotion-based. His whole artistic trajectory has been based on the ups and downs of his emotions.

Yes, that's true, his work is emotion-based. But Eminem doesn't quite fit ISFP for me, insofar as I know ISFPs. ISTP seems most likely because Eminem has displayed more evidence pointing to inferior Fe than inferior Te, in my observation.