• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Eminem?

What Personality Type is Eminem?

• Total voters

Oaky

Travelling mind
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Because he DOESN'T USE Fi very much at all. He's an ISTP. Read his interviews, bub, and what do you see? Concrete perceptions of reality informed by use of situational logic. That's how STPs talk. It is not how FPs talk.

PAY ATTENTION TO WHAT IS ACTUALLY THERE.
Well I've seen a few of them. But have you counted the possibility that he is only acting that way as it would portray him as stronger and more independent. Not as an emotional wreck. It's a public setting and therefore you won't find him projecting his true manner. Though yes, I do not discredit that he may be an ISTP as it is also a possibility. There are much too many possibilities that can be hidden underneath what we perceive. I do not want to take things at face value.

simulatedworld

Freshman Member
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Well I've seen a few of them. But have you counted the possibility that he is only acting that way as it would portray him as stronger and more independent. Not as an emotional wreck. It's a public setting and therefore you won't find him projecting his true manner. Though yes, I do not discredit that he may be an ISTP as it is also a possibility. There are much too many possibilities that can be hidden underneath what we perceive. I do not want to take things at face value.

I have met Ts who are emotional wrecks.

This doesn't turn them into Fs.

Hell, for all we know Eminem is an ENFJ who's learned exceptionally well to imitate ISTPs. All of this is technically possible, but we have no evidence to suggest that he's constantly acting in a totally contrived way in every public appearance--not to mention this is true of anyone we're trying to type. "Everything he does appears ISTP but what if he's really an ENFJ who's amazingly good at [and inexplicably interested in] acting like an ISTP??" doesn't seem likely enough to warrant serious consideration.

simulatedworld

Freshman Member
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I have met Fs who are logical geniuses.

That doesn't turn them into Ts.

Great, now perhaps we can drop the whole "he shows emotion in his music/has emotional difficulties in real life so he must be an F" thing.

Oaky

Travelling mind
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Hell, for all we know Eminem is an ENFJ who's learned exceptionally well to imitate ISTPs. All of this is technically possible, but we have no evidence to suggest that he's constantly acting in a totally contrived way in every public appearance--not to mention this is true of anyone we're trying to type. "Everything he does appears ISTP but what if he's really an ENFJ who's amazingly good at [and inexplicably interested in] acting like an ISTP??" doesn't seem likely enough to warrant serious consideration.
Anything is possible. This is why I don't discredit your idea that Eminem is a T but at the same time I don't discredit he is an F.

simulatedworld

Freshman Member
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Anything is possible. This is why I don't discredit your idea that Eminem is a T but at the same time I don't discredit he is an F.

Well I don't completely discredit either position either--how could I? I've never met the man and typology itself is subjective in the first place.

All of that is understood and implied when we discuss typing celebrities (or anybody at all, for that matter.) I don't see any particular point in reminding everyone that nothing can be conclusively decided--isn't that par for course with typology?

Fecal McAngry

I am open to the possibility that Eminem is an INFP from the planet Kloombuwatoo, and that he is actually an 18-foot tall insect-like creature with 44 legs who eats by vomiting digestive juices on the 56 lbs of raw meat he consumes on an average day, and then slurping the vomitus up and into his 9 stomachs by means of his hooded snout. I am open to the possibility that he only assumes human ISTP form for interviews, videos, VMAs, recording sessions and when banging Mariah Carrey.

That's just not the way I'd bet.

Oaky

Travelling mind
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Well I don't completely discredit either position either--how could I? I've never met the man and typology itself is subjective in the first place.

All of that is understood and implied when we discuss typing celebrities (or anybody at all, for that matter.) I don't see any particular point in reminding everyone that nothing can be conclusively decided--isn't that par for course with typology?
True. Since we cannot come up with a proper type it is futile to try and type anyone without sufficient proof of the reality of that person. And this is why we have to look at all different perspectives when typing someone and look underneath what we believe is underneath. And even then we won't find it without sufficient proof. We will endlessly discuss the possibilities.

I am open to the possibility that Eminem is an INFP from the planet Kloombuwatoo, and that he is actually an 18-foot tall insect-like creature with 44 legs who eats by vomiting digestive juices on the 56 lbs of raw meat he consumes on an average day, and then slurping the vomitus up and into his 9 stomachs by means of his hooded snout. I am open to the possibility that he only assumes human ISTP form for interviews, videos, VMAs, recording sessions and when banging Mariah Carrey.

That's just not the way I'd bet.
Then you could be about as narrow visioned as an ant moving through his tunnels whether or not you have a limitless imagination. I'm not saying Eminem is an INFP. It could be farfetched but to put it to such an abstract form to make it equal impossible makes me think the first sentence of this little paragraph.

GirlFromMars

MBTI Type
INFP
I think everyone should get on Twitter, continuously tweet Eminem, demanding he takes a test and post his results.

This irrational F wins. :woot:

Betty Blue

Let me count the ways
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7W6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Have you listened to his lyrics?

Makes me think xNFx. His family was really messed up, or so I assume from listening to Cleaning Out My Closet. I also really like Mockingbird.

I saw the interview with him on Jonathon Ross and it profoundly disturbed me.
He seems damaged beyond repair with that darkness in his eyes one only gets from being in the darkest of places *shudder

I would guess infj...
I- I think he's actually introverted...always hiding his face and using copious amounts of drugs to feel comfortable... plus if the film is anything to go by...
N- thats My intuition kicking in
F-He's definately felt a whole lot, it's in every wavering word he speaks and every angry word he shouts:steam:
J- Well it dosn't take a genius to work that out

Koocoomoo

MBTI Type
iNFp
Enneagram
4w3?
TOTAL XNFJ!

N:
He doesn't only see things as how they are/ with senses/ literally(sensory perception). You can tell he totally delves into his mental world - as most iNtuitives are familiar with.

F:
He rules his life entirely by emotion. Just because he has a crude sens of humor does NOT mean he's a Thinker.

J:
He is very decisive. He doesn't leave loose ends. He follows things all the way through to the best of his abilities.

Obviously unhealthy to the umpteenth degree.

Thursday

Earth Exalted
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
8w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
i saw fecal mcangry's pic and thought Eminem
INFP

simulatedworld

Freshman Member
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
ok, celebrity typing is officially ridiculous.

every thread about a major celebrity contains at least 12 different guesses for his/her type. (I think the Lady Gaga thread actually made it to 14!)

simulatedworld

Freshman Member
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
No, typing this guy as a sensor is officially ridiculous.

YouTube - Bob Dylan - Ballad Of A Thin Man

All animals are equal, SW. Some are just more equal than others.:newwink:

I thought Sensors had N functions too. In fact I've met some Sensors with really strong N functions.

I guess I'm mistaken though.

Whatever, I'm just going to go be ENTJ. That way I'll be totally infallible.