• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Chris Rock

What Personality Type is Chris Rock?

• INFP

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • INFJ

• ENFJ

• INTP

• INTJ

• ENTJ

• ISFP

• ISFJ

• ESFJ

• ISTP

• ISTJ

• ESTP

• 1w9

• 1w2

• 2w1

• 2w3

• 3w4

• 4w3

• 4w5

• 5w4

• 5w6

• 6w5

• 6w7

• 7w8

• 8w7

• 8w9

• 9w8

• 9w1

• Total voters

LotsOfHeart

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
Chris Rock

You Must Be Registered To Vote

Any clue on his type? Is he an ENTP?

Last edited by a moderator:

Domino

ENFJ In Chains
MBTI Type
eNFJ
Enneagram
4w3
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
ENTP in totality.

Xenon

(blankpages)
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
I swear I saw him on one of those type motivational posters (ENTP). Can't find it now though.

ajblaise

Minister of Propagandhi
MBTI Type
INTP
NTP sounds right. But I'm not totally sold that he's an E. On stage while performing comedy, people look extroverted. In interviews he seems more reserved. I could see him being Ti dom.

So I'm saying INTP just to shake things up.

BlahBlahNounBlah

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w6
NTP sounds right. But I'm not totally sold that he's an E. On stage while performing comedy, people look extroverted. In interviews he seems more reserved. I could see him being Ti dom.

So I'm saying INTP just to shake things up.

I can see that. There's something about the artificial way he goes over the top. And there's a strange self-consciousness just under the surface that doesn't seem like ENTP-style awkwardness. I don't know ... maybe he is an ENTP, but something about his vibe seems off. I can't explain it.

Jeffster

veteran attention whore
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx
SP of some sort

Speed Gavroche

Whisky Old & Women Young
MBTI Type
EsTP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Is'nt he supposed to have the same personality than Chris in Everyone hate Chris? I say INTP.

ajblaise

Minister of Propagandhi
MBTI Type
INTP
I can see that. There's something about the artificial way he goes over the top. And there's a strange self-consciousness just under the surface that doesn't seem like ENTP-style awkwardness. I don't know ... maybe he is an ENTP, but something about his vibe seems off. I can't explain it.

Yeah, there's a certain level of self-consciousness and awareness introverts have that gives them away. It's in the eyes, and how they carry themselves.

Lauren Ashley

Revelation
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
NTP sounds right. But I'm not totally sold that he's an E. On stage while performing comedy, people look extroverted. In interviews he seems more reserved.

Really? I don't think so:

[YOUTUBE="G2i_ZxLU9bU"]Chris Rock Interview on Ellen 10/28/08[/YOUTUBE]
[click: embedding disabled]

[YOUTUBE="i0TlEUpU1N4"]Chris Rock Interview with David Letterman after Bill Clinton[/YOUTUBE]
Very outgoing, open body language. And he's like that all the time... he's an extravert; an introvert wouldn't be able to sustain that amount of outgoing energy for that long. I think it's only recently, since his new movie, he's tried to play the "contemplative" role, and he looks like he is holding himself back, not like he is naturally reserved. Even so, on this forum we always hear about ENTPs being one of the more introverted extraverts, so there's always that to consider.

I agree with the first few posters: ENTP. If he isn't ENTP, he's doing a tremendous job at pretending to be one.

ajblaise

Minister of Propagandhi
MBTI Type
INTP
Really? I don't think so:

Very outgoing, open body language. And he's like that very often... he's an extravert; an introvert wouldn't be able to sustain that amount of outgoing energy for that long. I think it's only recently, since his new movie, he's tried to play the "contemplative" role, and he looks like he is holding himself back, not like he is naturally reserved.

I agree with the first few posters: ENTP. If he isn't ENTP, he's doing a tremendous job at pretending to be one.

You have to look at his one-on-one interviews, not talk show interviews. He's basically doing his stand-up routine in those videos.

But here..

[YOUTUBE="gQRUdLNdS_M"]iVillage Live: Chris Rock interview[/YOUTUBE]

He's a completely different person.

There's lots of famous introverts in very public positions that are able to sustain it.

Lauren Ashley

Revelation
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
You have to look at his one-on-one interviews, not talk show interviews. He's basically doing his stand-up routine in those videos.

But here..

He still seems like an extravert, just speaking at a lower tone of voice. He's discussing a serious topic, so I think he's trying to present a certain image to fit that. But notice that he becomes more and more outgoing, starts making more and more jokes, as the interview goes along... he is going back to his regular self.

You just think everyone is INTP. :tongue:

Lauren Ashley

Revelation
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
... or is he going back into comedian mode?
He's gaining energy from the environment and interaction, which is basically the definition of extravert. I think he is naturally more outgoing and open; that is his autopilot. So when he tries to put on a more reserved act, to be taken seriously, he can't keep that act up for very long. He can make jokes all day, nonstop. Which fits with ENTP much more than INTP. If you know INTPs and ENTPs irl, and even on this forum, you'll see that. On the forum, there will be what starts out as a serious thread, but after maybe the third page, the ENTPs will come in and derail it with jokes and randomness. That's Ne dom. Versus the INTPs who will make mostly serious, analytical posts, and drop in a joke here and there.

You just don't know how he is when we hang out!! Same with Obama.

:yim_rolling_on_the_

I think I've seen Obama typed as everything under the sun, except for a few S types.

ajblaise

Minister of Propagandhi
MBTI Type
INTP
He's gaining energy from the environment and interaction, which is basically the definition of extravert. I think he is naturally more outgoing and open; that is his autopilot. So when he tries to put on a more reserved act, to be taken seriously, he can't keep that act up for very long. He can make jokes all day, nonstop. Which fits with ENTP much more than INTP. If you know INTPs and ENTPs irl, and even on this forum, you'll see that. On the forum, there will be what starts out as a serious thread, but after maybe the third page, the ENTPs will come in and derail it with jokes and randomness. That's Ne dom. Versus the INTPs who will make mostly serious, analytical posts, and drop in a joke here and there.

He could be an E, though that could have been an introvert warming up to the interviewer. Without private life anecdotes or something it's hard for me to tell. Comics are always pressured to keep up their on stage persona when around people off stage.

:yim_rolling_on_the_

I think I've seen Obama typed as everything under the sun, except for a few S types.

He's the ultimate social chameleon INTP. ;)

Lauren Ashley

Revelation
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
He could be an E, though that could have been an introvert warming up to the interviewer. Without private life anecdotes or something it's hard for me to tell. Comics are always pressured to keep up their on stage persona when around people off stage.
I don't see him putting on a persona in the interview you posted, he is just being friendly and engaging, he's not being extremely comedic or over the top.

But regarding that, you have to question, at what point does the persona become the real person? If you are spending 85 percent of your waking hours in an active rather than reactive mode of being (and have done so for the past how many years) yet claim to be introverted, I'd suggest rethinking that.

ajblaise

Minister of Propagandhi
MBTI Type
INTP
I don't see him putting on a persona in the interview you posted, he is just being friendly and engaging, he's not being extremely comedic or over the top.

But regarding that, you have to question, at what point does the persona become the real person? If you are spending 85 percent of your waking hours in an active rather than reactive mode of being (and have done so for the past how many years) yet claim to be introverted, I'd suggest rethinking that.

He could be spending 85% of his waking time being totally reflective, he's not in public that much. Although I don't think E/I is totally fixed. A puny and introverted Chris Rock as a kid, who relied on being funny to gain social status, could have changed preferences.

Lauren Ashley

Revelation
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
He could be spending 85% of his waking time being totally reflective, he's not in public that much. Although I don't think E/I is totally fixed. A puny and introverted Chris Rock as a kid, who relied on being funny to gain social status, could have changed preferences.

Just using that percentage as an example... and I think regarding I/E, that's where you and I will have to agree to disagree. I am of the opinion that introversion and extraversion are most definitely fixed. Behavior may vary, but actual I/E does not change, being that it has a biological basis.