• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Amy Winehouse

What type is Amy Winehouse?

• ISTP

Votes: 5 10.4%
  • ESTP

Votes: 8 16.7%
  • ISFP

Votes: 17 35.4%
  • INFP

Votes: 4 8.3%
  • ENTP

Votes: 1 2.1%
  • Other

Votes: 13 27.1%

• Total voters

InvisibleJim

Permabanned
Shame really, there's a drug dealer in campden who was just put out of a steady honest job. Think of the economy for gods sake and buy the album from the microsoft music store!

A

A window to the soul

Shame really, there's a drug dealer in campden who was just put out of a steady honest job. Think of the economy for gods sake and buy the album from the microsoft music store!

Microsoft has a music store?

Speed Gavroche

Whisky Old & Women Young
MBTI Type
EsTP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
@SpeedGavaroche

Yes, I can definitely see ExFP in her in the first interview, she seems healthier and saner there, and I actually relate to the stuff she's saying...I'm presuming this is when she was younger and Kurt was still alive?

The interview is from 1995 where she was only 30-31 but Kurt Cobain was ever dead.

She also seems surprisingly on top of her game in that 2010 interview, so I'm guessing that the media is exaggerating incidents she has when drunk/high/angry...

Yes, probably, medias manipulate us to like people but also to hate them.

but then there's her behavior in the David Letterman interview, but she's probably on some kind of substance there.

I find that above all related to Sx/So and exibitionism/outrageous behavior, reading the comments, I realize that everybody think she is a slut. I did'nt pay too much attention on what she says so i don't really see what is so wrong in that video. I found her cool, sexy and funny actually, and I like her music a lot.

Based on the first interview alone I'd definitely say ExFP, she doesn't seem FJ or TJ at all. If I didn't believe in function theory I might say ExTP is a possibility but she seems more like an Fi type.[/QUOTE]

Lexicon

Temporal Mechanic
Staff member
MBTI Type
JINX
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I voted 'other'
- DEAD

..anyone mention that, yet?
/going to hell.

chickpea

perfect person
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
why is she an extrovert or a ti user?

Speed Gavroche

Whisky Old & Women Young
MBTI Type
EsTP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
why is she an extrovert or a ti user?

Amy Winehouse said:
Women of my age waste their time thinking about what they will be in 5 or 10 years. The time they spent thinking, I just spent drinking

She was an Se-dom and an experience junky, clearly repressed Ni. Had paranoid visions but consumed herself in the present moment to avoid thinking about the future.

She was not introvert at all, she had some shyness issues, but was above all a bigmouth all her life with a viceral need to communicate.

So she was an Se-dom but also was ESTP, not ESFP. She knew how to be charming but did not give a fuck about making people at ease, she was a tough, and a difficult person. Also, she was not emotional, or driven by her emotions or to express emotions in priority. She had ambition but her writing was not emotional at all, she simply saw that she had emotions, and that theses emotions could be an opportunity and a tool to get success.

amy w said:
I never meant or wanted to write about love, but that's what I did anyway.

amy w said:
I'm my own worst critic, and if I don't pull off what I think I wanted to do in my head, then I won't be a happy girl

She leads from the head first, not from the heart.

No wonder she clashed with the ENFJ Bono since she is at the opposite of his humanitarian style. So she yelled at him to shut up and stop to bother us with his bullshits. But she said that there's was nothing feeling oriented or ethic oriented in her behavior, her style was just "I'm drunk, I'm loudmouth and I'm bored"= "I'm an ESTP".

chickpea

perfect person
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
She had ambition but her writing was not emotional at all, she simply saw that she had emotions, and that theses emotions could be an opportunity and a tool to get success.

sorry, i forgot for a second that you never have any idea what you're talking about. continue :bye:

Speed Gavroche

Whisky Old & Women Young
MBTI Type
EsTP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
sorry, i forgot for a second that you never have any idea what you're talking about. continue :bye:

If it's more conforting for your ego to believe that Amy W was an Fi-dom or something, then believe it.

But you are wrong as always, and you have nothing to support you opinion outside of begging the question and hanging to your wrong and silly beliefs.

I have listen all her song, watch tons of videos and read three bios of her, and I've no lesson to receive from you about who Amy Winehouse was. :rofl1:

chickpea

perfect person
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I have listen all her song, watch tons of videos and read three bios of her, and I've no lesson to receive from you about who Amy Winehouse was. :rofl1:

yeah dude, so have i. maybe there's a language barrier or something.

chickpea

perfect person
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
There's not any clues of this so far anyway.

obviously you have some different, biased perspective of her. you assume that she wasn't an emotional person, and that she only wrote emotional songs to sell albums which you have no evidence of and that i don't believe. almost every song on back to black was inspired by one relationship/breakup she had and seemed very personal and emotionally expressive to me. as far as her being a bigmouth, she was under the influence of alcohol or cocaine during a lot of interviews/public appearance so that is going to have an effect on her behavior and make anyone seem more extroverted. what you're saying about her not caring about making people at ease is just more evidence for her preferring fi over fe, if you think that being a feeler automatically makes someone a people-pleaser, you're not that well-versed in mbti/cognitive functions.

neither of those quotes have anything to do with leading with her head over her heart. and i think bono is full of shit too.

Speed Gavroche

Whisky Old & Women Young
MBTI Type
EsTP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
obviously you have some different, biased perspective of her. you assume that she wasn't an emotional person, and that she only wrote emotional songs to sell albums

No. I said that she was a song-writer, and that sentimental problems was considered by her as an accident, but also she took that as an opportunity to write better songs.

[youtube=yLGeRV1u8aY]Amy Winehouse Interview[/youtube]

She says she write when there's something in her head, a problem to solve, to get thing in order in her head. Ti. Also that she write at the most emotional moments, which can give the impression that she is emotional. But she is not emotional as a general rule. She does not consider her emotions as something which defines herself. But she is good at taking that as an opportunity to write. To turn bad moments in a productive way. And in the video she is not emotional at all. She looks more like the quaterback or the captain of a feminine football team.

almost every song on back to black was inspired by one relationship/breakup she had and seemed very personal and emotionally expressive to me.

You're saying "she has feelings so she is F", but MBTI does not work like this.

Remember:

amy w said:
I never meant or wanted to write about love, but that's what I did anyway.

I'm my own worst critic, and if I don't pull off what I think I wanted to do in my head, then I won't be a happy girl

She talks about her experiences, including emotional experiences, but taking in account her emotions are not her favourite way to take decision.

At the contrary, a notable characteristic of Fi users is that they are so driven to have emotional experiences and write about it that they do that even when that does not reflect their life at all. Marguerite Duras, for example, was an FP, and she write about love 99% of the time, while her experiences in that domain are extremely poor. Another example of FP is Cher, who still write songs about story of love, but about story of love which don't exist since she admits herself that she doesn't remember the last time the skin of a man have touched her body, and sleep with her dog.

Keep in mind also that ESTPs have the specificity to be the only Thinker type (with, to a lesser extent, the ENTP type) which is correlated with the histrionic and hypomaniac personality. So that they can appear very emotional, that does not mean their preference is not for logic.

as far as her being a bigmouth, she was under the influence of alcohol or cocaine during a lot of interviews/public appearance so that is going to have an effect on her behavior and make anyone seem more extroverted.

She was extrovert and bigmouth since her childhood, and she was not under the influence of drugs at this time.

what you're saying about her not caring about making people at ease is just more evidence for her preferring fi over fe,

No. Because if "not being a people-pleaser" was simply part of her own personal ethic, as it could be the case with an Fi dom, she would not manage to be charming and desarming (some would say manipulative) buddy-buddy like when she needed to do in order to get what she wanted.

and i think bono is full of shit too.

But you don't yell and insults him during his speech.