• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Amy Winehouse

What type is Amy Winehouse?

• ISTP

Votes: 5 10.4%
  • ESTP

Votes: 8 16.7%
  • ISFP

Votes: 17 35.4%
  • INFP

Votes: 4 8.3%
  • ENTP

Votes: 1 2.1%
  • Other

Votes: 13 27.1%

• Total voters

Speed Gavroche

Whisky Old & Women Young
MBTI Type
EsTP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
She "prefers downbeat scenes", not talking about taxes lmao......

If you believe that the difference between 4 and 6 is aout difference betwenn downbeat scene and talking about taxes, you totally lose your cediblity. You prove that you don't know at all what you are talking about.

(that just means I think she prefers jazz and downbeat scenes as opposed to being committed or concerned with security).....

But she was a commited and security oriented person, learn a bit about her!

Sure, I think her life is possible as a 6w7, but I think there's nothing I've seen that tells me she IS 6w7,

Of course, there's not more blind that someone who does'nt want to see. Actually you can't realize that she's a 6w7 because of you ignorance about 6w7 and enneagram, or your ignorance about her. Both actually.

4's lean toward severe depression, npd, avoidant, murder, and suicide. I think she could fit this mold.

And you believe that 6w7 does'nt lead to that? You make my point. You are a ignorant who don't know his subject at all and hav'nt any credibility in a discussion about enneagram.

Sure, people in interviews are mostly all funny and engaging,

No.

I think if you look at Woody Allen, you can see a good manifestation of 6w7 through art. "Funny and engaging" defines him as a whole, and he is outwardly concerned with security.

Woody Allen is a 6w7 Sp/So, the opposite varuiety of 6w7 than Amy Winehouse was. Woody Allen is not representative of his whole type.

Speed Gavroche

Whisky Old & Women Young
MBTI Type
EsTP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Hoo boy, do I really have to go into the 27 thing?

First of all, it was already elevated to cultural mythical status by the early 90's, so when something becomes a part of the culture's mythological status to that level, in the collective unconscious it can become a self-fulfilling prophecy. That is, if you're one of those people who believe you are unlucky, or that bad things always happen to you, you will subconsciously self-sabotage. The 27 thing can operate on that level, which I think may have been the case with Kurt Cobain.

I'm pretty sure Amy W was very likely to do the bolded.

Secondly, at 25 the brain has reached maturity, and the body's replication on a cellular level also begins to slow in the mid-to-late twenties. This means the body can no longer withstand the drug abuse that it may have been able to bounce back from in the late teens or early twenties. If you're 27 and you keep partying like you're 21, there could potentially be dire physical consequences.

At 24, we ever seen in her organism first signs of what could lead to an emphysema, and at 27 it was dignosed that she died because her lungs had aged prematurly and were not able to support her abuses anymore. Ah, 15-24 is very young and 25-34 is "young" but not "very young" anymore.

I don't think it's healthy to perpetuate superstition.

For the 27 club thing, I still consider as a strong possibility that Jimmy Hendrix, Janis Joplin and Jim Morrison's death had more something to do with CIA and FBI than with drugs.

It's interesting to see that the four most famous member of the club represent the four FP types: Jimmy Hendrix >> ISFP 9w8 Sx/Sp, Janis Joplin >> ESFP 9w8 Sx/So, Jim Morrison >>ENFP 7w8 Sx/Sp, Kurt Cobain >> INFP 5w4 Sx/Sp. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/27_club Jimmmi Hendrix and Janis Joplin were both SFP 9w8 Sx. Interesting pattern. Brian Jones and Amy Winehouse were probably FP too.

ICUP

MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
If you believe that the difference between 4 and 6 is aout difference betwenn downbeat scene and talking about taxes, you totally lose your cediblity. You prove that you don't know at all what you are talking about.

I've already addressed the issue...... :dry:
I see no point in this discussion when you keep plucking out one sentence and taking it out of context, assuming things, and misunderstanding. What the fuck is the point for either of us? None.
READ the next sentence I wrote, where I explained what I meant by that "joke"...... it seems to have just flown right over your head. Going back and forth claiming "you don't know what you are talking about and I do," to me, is pointless. I think "The Wisdom of the Enneagram" knows a lot more than you do about enneagrams, and that's where I am gaining my information. I have found that it contains descriptions I can rely on moreso.

For some reason, you awfully need to believe that Amy is 6w7, with very little evidence. (I smell wanna-be). :D

I've watched a lot more of her interviews, and it seems that you plucked out the ones you wanted there too, while ignoring the big picture. In most of the (backstage) interviews I watch, she doesn't crack any jokes, and isn't engaging at all. In general, I wouldn't call her engaging, but self-absorbed, and she generally isn't funny either. She is occasionally...... When people are interviewed, they generally "put their best foot forward" (which is what I meant by "people in interviews are mostly funny and engaging" - they generally crack jokes here and there, and that's standard, and they do their best to be charming, because they want to impress people/ create fans.)... but she doesn't seem to do this as much in backstage interviews, where it seems to show more of who she is.

Do you actually have any real arguments? Or are you just in this to get your fucking panties in a wad lmfao...... I promise that everyone here believes that your hero Amy is a 6w7...... *pats head* Now go play in traffic. :)

Fluffywolf

Nips away your dignity
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Untypable from an outside perspective.

ICUP

MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Untypable from an outside perspective.

Actually, if I had to REALLY type her, I would also say untypeable. That's the most sound answer.

Speed Gavroche

Whisky Old & Women Young
MBTI Type
EsTP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
You have'nt any argument and think you are allowed to do intention input about me. Out.

And nobody is untypable.

ICUP

MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
You have'nt any argument and think you are allowed to do intention input about me. Out.

And nobody is untypable.

As usual, argue with Jung on that one.... I'm sure you will be right, and he will be wrong, since your fantasy reality must be right in your mind. :krusty:

Fluffywolf

Nips away your dignity
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
What we get to see is just her stage performance and drug abuse history. There is no window to the Amy Whitehouse beneath all that. I didn't say she was untypable, I said she was untypable to us.

ICUP

MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
What we get to see is just her stage performance and drug abuse history. There is no window to the Amy Whitehouse beneath all that. I didn't say she was untypable, I said she was untypable to us.

Ahhh ok, i think that some people are untypeable, in general, because they are too drugged and/or unhealthy and/or damaged. When there is no true self, there is no type, and some of the pd's rely on identity confusion and/or lack of identity for diagnosis.
I think she is untypeable by your terms as well (there is no sure answer), but I like to see what I can come up with....

Thalassa

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx
Ahhh ok, i think that some people are untypeable, in general, because they are too drugged and/or unhealthy. When there is no true self, there is no type, and some of the pd's rely on identity confusion and/or lack of identity for diagnosis.
I think she is untypeable by your terms as well (there is no sure answer), but I like to see what I can come up with....

I think you can type a drug addict or person with a pd if you know enough about them. Like my ESFJ ex has a pd, but when he's being Dr. Jeckyll instead of Mr. Hyde, he's clearly ESFJ, and couldn't possibly be any other type...he's such an ESFJ.

My sister was on drugs for a long time, she's sober now but I know she's an ExFP (err...tests ENFP but so do I, and she's awfully fond of "hands on" things...she's practically a horticulturalist, she has the green thumb, she has a fucking green house of plants and can save dying plants; in school she also preferred hard sciences, majored in biology. She's also more aggressive than I am (if you can imagine) which actually makes her seem bordering on a stereotypical ESTP at times. Underneath everything me and her are sooo much like, even our mother thinks so and she knows nothing about MBTI...so anyway, we're both ExFP.)

I think you can watch videos of Amy Winehouse before she was strung out, and also look at her motives for her art and at the very least surmise she's an Fi type. I think she's definitely FP.

Speed Gavroche

Whisky Old & Women Young
MBTI Type
EsTP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Above all, Personality Disorder, by definition help us to determine their personality type, not prevent us.

ICUP

MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I think you can type a drug addict or person with a pd if you know enough about them. Like my ESFJ ex has a pd, but when he's being Dr. Jeckyll instead of Mr. Hyde, he's clearly ESFJ, and couldn't possibly be any other type...he's such an ESFJ.

My sister was on drugs for a long time, she's sober now but I know she's an ExFP (err...tests ENFP but so do I, and she's awfully fond of "hands on" things...she's practically a horticulturalist, she has the green thumb, she has a fucking green house of plants and can save dying plants; in school she also preferred hard sciences, majored in biology. She's also more aggressive than I am (if you can imagine) which actually makes her seem bordering on a stereotypical ESTP at times. Underneath everything me and her are sooo much like, even our mother thinks so and she knows nothing about MBTI...so anyway, we're both ExFP.)

I think you can watch videos of Amy Winehouse before she was strung out, and also look at her motives for her art and at the very least surmise she's an Fi type. I think she's definitely FP.

I think some people with pd's can be typed, but not all. Sociopaths, for instance, can never be typed. They have no personality type. Other people with pd's can't be typed either.... it depends on the person and the disorder. Disorders can cause people to act, think, and feel completely unlike themselves for years at a time, and drugs can too.

Thalassa

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx
I think some people with pd's can be typed, but not all. Sociopaths, for instance, can never be typed. They have no personality type. Other people with pd's can't be typed either.... it depends on the person and the disorder. Disorders can cause people to act, think, and feel completely unlike themselves for years at a time, and drugs can too.

Yeah it could depend on the severity of the pd, like you say sociopaths and I would say some extreme cases of Borderline Personality Disorder (like Courtney Love...does anyone know what her type is?) ...and severity of drug use. Amy Winehouse was so incredibly far gone on drugs at the end of her life that yes I'd say she was untypable at that point. But there was an Amy Winehouse that we can see prior to being a crackhead, and the person who created her art before she destroyed herself. But like, no, if we only knew crackhead Amy Winehouse she'd be untypable.

Speed Gavroche

Whisky Old & Women Young
MBTI Type
EsTP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Yeah it could depend on the severity of the pd, like you say sociopaths and I would say some extreme cases of Borderline Personality Disorder (like Courtney Love...does anyone know what her type is?) ..

Courtney Love is an obvious ExFP. 8w7 Sx/So

ICUP

MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Yeah it could depend on the severity of the pd, like you say sociopaths and I would say some extreme cases of Borderline Personality Disorder (like Courtney Love...does anyone know what her type is?) ...and severity of drug use. Amy Winehouse was so incredibly far gone on drugs at the end of her life that yes I'd say she was untypable at that point. But there was an Amy Winehouse that we can see prior to being a crackhead, and the person who created her art before she destroyed herself. But like, no, if we only knew crackhead Amy Winehouse she'd be untypable.

Some people also can not develop enough to form any sort of identity before they become disordered. So there are cases where people with disorders are untypeable because they are undeveloped.... I don't know all of the types of cases, I just know they exist.

Other people can be "going through the motions" of life, like a walking zombie, and not really be what they appear to be; they were simply directed there. And that doesn't look at all like what it is sometimes.....

Just something to think about, for me anyways......

As far as Amy goes, I do think in general that no one here can really know for sure what type a celebrity is. In Amy's case, she could be acting most of the time we see her and/or being directed by her record company/management as well. But I can certainly take a stab at what she appears to be. :)

Thalassa

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx
Courtney Love is an obvious ExFP. 8w7 Sx/So

What about her says "ENFP"? Just out of curiosity. I've seen someone type her as ESTJ because of her intensity and domineering behavior, but if she's an ESTJ she's a very sick one, and ESFP could be plausible, if she were in an Se/Te loop and acting out. But, honestly, is it just a stereotype to say she's ExFP simply because of her erratic behavior?

Speed Gavroche

Whisky Old & Women Young
MBTI Type
EsTP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
What about her says "ENFP"? Just out of curiosity. I've seen someone type her as ESTJ because of her intensity and domineering behavior, but if she's an ESTJ she's a very sick one, and ESFP could be plausible, if she were in an Se/Te loop and acting out. But, honestly, is it just a stereotype to say she's ExFP simply because of her erratic behavior?

I think she's more ESFP. But, well, she's clearly E, don't pay attention to logic and is versatile with a carefree lifestyle.

Does'nt she appear ESFP on theses interview?

[youtube=qGkOlANTeEQ]COURTNEY LOVE PART 2[/youtube]
[youtube=ypwWjcaiNZ4]Courtney Love at the NME Awards 2010 [/youtube]
[youtube=sOr13VBSfhU]courtney love entire david letterman appearance[/youtube]

ICUP

MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp

I've seen her typed as enfj and esfj before too.....
I think she's NUTS ha.....

Thalassa

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx
@SpeedGavaroche

Yes, I can definitely see ExFP in her in the first interview, she seems healthier and saner there, and I actually relate to the stuff she's saying...I'm presuming this is when she was younger and Kurt was still alive?

She also seems surprisingly on top of her game in that 2010 interview, so I'm guessing that the media is exaggerating incidents she has when drunk/high/angry...but then there's her behavior in the David Letterman interview, but she's probably on some kind of substance there.

Based on the first interview alone I'd definitely say ExFP, she doesn't seem FJ or TJ at all. If I didn't believe in function theory I might say ExTP is a possibility but she seems more like an Fi type.