• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

John Lennon

What Personality Type is John Lennon - INFP or ENFP??

• ENFJ - Teacher

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • INTJ - Mastermind

• ENTJ - Fieldmarshal

• ISFP - Artist

• ISFJ - Nurturer

• ESFJ - Caregiver

• ISTP - Craftsman

• ISTJ - Duty Fulfiller

• ESTP - Promoter

• ESTJ - Supervisor

• 1w9

• 1w2

• 2w1

• 2w3

• 3w2

• 3w4

• 4w3

• 5w6

• 6w5

• 7w8

• 8w7

• 8w9

• 9w8

• 9w1

• Total voters

BlueScreen

Fail 2.0
MBTI Type
YMCA
Please stop saying he's a T. It's getting extremely annoying. I've memorized hundreds of Lennon's words and listened to tons of interviews.

He's a gifted and creative INFJ.

Most of the lowest opinions I've heard of him are from INFJs. As far as I can see they understand him the least on a personal level. And tend to read taking a break from society and music as going insane, rather than getting space to be himself and do something different. Which was why I dismissed INFJ at the start. If there is merit to it though, we may as well look into it.

What makes you think he is?

Also why do you dismiss ENTJ? He's still looking like a classic one to me.

BlueScreen

Fail 2.0
MBTI Type
YMCA
In my obsession, I am back to visit this topic. I have recently come up
with a wild, totally biased theory, that relies on little evidence to say
that one of the greatest men in history is my type. So here it is:

Most of the time I have believed Lennon to be an ENTJ. He looks classically
like the ENTJs I know, and I have never had a problem with this. Recently
though, I realised he does not look like my ENTJ bosses at work, and I am
often comparing an older Lennon with my ENTJ friends who are in their
20s. The younger Lennon does not scream ENTJ to me as much, and I think
the reason the older Lennon reminds me of my ENTJ friends is Te. I don`t
know what direction ENFPs go as they get older, but I feel like we head
in a similar direction to what Lennon did. Even on this forum I`ve noticed that as an ENFP gets older they become somewhat similar to an ENTJ. They are an intuitive with Te after all, and Ne maybe sometimes exhibits similar traits to the Ni Se combination.

The big deciding factor for me is did Lennon have the Fi anywhere in his writing and music? I think the older Lennon definitely had a lot of feeling, but that doesn`t really translate to a cognitive function. Fi would be most obviously displayed as a stubborn integrity on personal issues. I`m still unsure of concrete examples of this. Though there was a bit of that quiet almost passive activist in him like an ENFP.

Verfremdungseffekt

videodrones; questions
MBTI Type
INTp
Enneagram
5w4
"I believe in everything until it's disproved. So I believe in fairies, the myths, dragons. It all exists, even if it's in your mind. Who's to say that dreams and nightmares aren't as real as the here and now"
When John gets into this mode, I wouldn't take anything he says too literally. In this case, it sounds more like he's trying to make a point than that he's sincerely expressing his own ideas.

And you know how John Lennon likes to hammer on his points.

To put it another way, John was an argumentative and contrary bastard, who loved to play devil's advocate. Nearly everything he said in public was calculated to get a rise out of people one way or another. The end goal, usually, was to get people thinking for themselves, rather than just accepting what they'd been handed.

dynamiteninja

Man for all seasons
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5
When John gets into this mode, I wouldn't take anything he says too literally. In this case, it sounds more like he's trying to make a point than that he's sincerely expressing his own ideas.

And you know how John Lennon likes to hammer on his points.

To put it another way, John was an argumentative and contrary bastard, who loved to play devil's advocate. Nearly everything he said in public was calculated to get a rise out of people one way or another. The end goal, usually, was to get people thinking for themselves, rather than just accepting what they'd been handed.

Sounds like an INTP I know. Could be a very NT trait?

Verfremdungseffekt

videodrones; questions
MBTI Type
INTp
Enneagram
5w4
I think to some extent it's just NT in general: stubborn attention to the conceptual forest that everyone else seems to miss for the trees.

Though the INTP tends to embody this in the most idealistic way, yeah.

lbloom

MBTI Type
INTP
Unlikely to be ENTJ. His facility with Fi was definitely not inferior.

SuperFob

MBTI Type
INFJ
The basic thing nobody asks is why do people take drugs of any sort? Why do we have these accessories to normal living to live? I mean, is there something wrong with society that's making us so pressurized, that we cannot live without guarding ourselves against it?
John Lennon

The thing the sixties did was to show us the possibilities and the responsibility that we all had. It wasn't the answer. It just gave us a glimpse of the possibility.
John Lennon
Nothing about those quotes points to 'logic'. Those're just perceptions, and good ones at that. They don't show any tendency towards objectivity or values. They just show a man who understands how society works. Using that to type John Lennon as T just doesn't have a basis.

However, quotes like these make a strong case for him being an NF:

"My role in society, or any artist's or poet's role, is to try and express what we all feel. Not to tell people how to feel. Not as a preacher, not as a leader, but as a reflection of us all."

In any case, I agree he's probably an NT. A slim probability, but a probability nonetheless. The two quotes quoted at the top of this post don't point to NT or NF in any way, though.

Evee

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp

Mal12345

Permabanned
MBTI Type
IxTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Si-tertiary is a powerful influence with both the ENFP and INFP. Lennon showed throughout his life that he was deeply in touch with his feelings, including nostalgia which is an Si trait. Many of the songs he wrote when he was with the Beatles were nostalgia pieces.

The difference between ENFP and INFP is that the ENFP takes more of a leadership role than INFP. Lennon fell naturally into the leadership role when he was with the Beatles.

Stephano

Almöhi
MBTI Type
NFP
Behaves like an ENTP with some sort of social disorder, but his motivations are classic NF. So actually he's rather hard to type.

Robopop

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
John Lennon is probably ENTP, very snarky and caustic personality.

Compare him to SFP Paul

pinkgraffiti

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
John Lennon is an NT. Most likely ENTP. I think he's Ne first and I totally detect something in him that is the same as difference I feel between myself and ENTPs. It's a sort of cynicism that I don't have. Im guessing that's Ti. Whatever. Pretty sure he's ENTP.

Alomoes

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
9w1
ENTP. I could go on a long rant about why I would never do the weirdo things he did, but nah. Not going to. His nights of debauchery would likely be the kind I keep myself from doing. ENFP is likely the same.

Another site went into detail on why ENTP. I forget which, but it was a pretty convincing argument.