• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

John Lennon

What Personality Type is John Lennon - INFP or ENFP??

• ENFJ - Teacher

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • INTJ - Mastermind

• ENTJ - Fieldmarshal

• ISFP - Artist

• ISFJ - Nurturer

• ESFJ - Caregiver

• ISTP - Craftsman

• ISTJ - Duty Fulfiller

• ESTP - Promoter

• ESTJ - Supervisor

• 1w9

• 1w2

• 2w1

• 2w3

• 3w2

• 3w4

• 4w3

• 5w6

• 6w5

• 7w8

• 8w7

• 8w9

• 9w8

• 9w1

• Total voters

BlueScreen

Fail 2.0
MBTI Type
YMCA
John Lennon

You Must Be Registered To Vote

Surprised there is no thread for him yet. I thought I'd start discussion here rather than in the NF songwriters thread.

Firstly I think he is an N. If anyone wants to dispute it they can, but that seems a good starting point that we all know is right.

I don't think he is an NFJ, and most NFJs I know agree.

From there I can't decide between the remaining 6. I actually think he is an NTJ at the moment, because he reminds me of one of my friends, who I can't type but think is NTJ.

The hippy part seems to convince people that he is an FP. And the music seems to be very personal, but most music is. I have no problem with an NFP typing, I'm just in no way certain that he is one. Sometimes I feel like I have more in common with McCartney as an ESFP, even though I idolise Lennon. Other times he seems really similar. Some things like acknowledging everyone and everything he passes are very ENFP.

I can see merit in the NTP which has been suggested too. At one stage I wanted to type him INTP, and it isn't a bad fit.

So yeh, I'm looking for some completely impartial reasons why he is a certain type. Something concrete to tip it one way, or rule out a few of the options.

Last edited by a moderator:

Lady_X

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
so weird i just asked a friend the same question earlier today...i kind of see nfp too...not sure.

maliafee

I believe he is an ENTJ. If you know a lot of them (healthy and unhealthy) and you know a lot about him, you might agree.

Valiant

Courage is immortality
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
8w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I don't know EVERYTHING about him, but I do know a lot. I don't know if it says a lot, but I do identify with Lennon a whole lot. I'd say he's also low E, high N, low T and low J.
Other, more "extreme" ENTJ's (very strong percentages in their preferences) are mostly very different. Less prone to like poetry/singing/art, floating around in fantasies and not very laid back at all. Some of us are just evil assholes when it's needed :D

Just came to think of something :shock: The guy might actually have done a huge impact upon my sense of humor, taste in music and all sorts of stuff o_O
The Beatles was the first band that I actively took an interest in, after watching the comedy/music video-movie "Help!" about 200 times as an eight-year-old. Not kidding about the number of times :D
Maybe John Lennon indirectly became some kind of role model for little Jesus? ^^

maliafee

Neat. Personally I LOVE ENTJs and think Lennon was fantastic. He wasn't THAT floaty, just because he had floaty ideas and was on drugs a lot. ;D I think that he was a very shrewd person and very good with money and extremely headstrong and also a force to be reckoned with, determined, unstoppable. And yes, he was also artistic and poetic and romantic (my little ENTJ brother is actually quite romantic).

Gordon Ramsey and Sean Penn are probably ENTJs (from my view) and they are quite artistic in different ways...

Nonsensical

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
I have read a bit about him, and he strikes me as an INTJ. You don't have to be NFP to be a dreamer, or imagine a better world..once you get an NTJ behind a cause, they carry it out strongly. No way was he a P, nor an F. He was, unfortunately, a little self-centered, and the Beatles didn't really get along. He was a power driver with his causes, and I can't see an NFP being that way.

INTJ.

Jeffster

veteran attention whore
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx
Total NF. No logic circuits installed.

"I believe in everything until it's disproved. So I believe in fairies, the myths, dragons. It all exists, even if it's in your mind. Who's to say that dreams and nightmares aren't as real as the here and now? "

"I believe in God, but not as one thing, not as an old man in the sky. I believe that what people call God is something in all of us. I believe that what Jesus and Mohammed and Buddha and all the rest said was right. It's just that the translations have gone wrong. "

"I don't believe in killing whatever the reason."

"If everyone demanded peace instead of another television set, then there'd be peace."

"We've got this gift of love, but love is like a precious plant. You can't just accept it and leave it in the cupboard or just think it's going to get on by itself. You've got to keep watering it. You've got to really look after it and nurture it."

maliafee

My INTJ brother doesn't believe in killing whatever the reason, either...

These statements could easily be made by an NT.

ENTJ, trust me, trust me. Haha... why should you?

Jeffster

veteran attention whore
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx
These statements could easily be made by an NT.

Yes. They could have been made by anyone. But when attempting to type a dead celebrity, it's best to go with most likely rather than shred of possibility.

maliafee

Touche. However, don't you think he's got the physical characteristics of an ENTJ, too? If you buy into that... (maybe you don't)

Bougal

HUZZAH!
MBTI Type
ENTP
I didn't know much about the man, and I was going based upon assumption. I could see NTJ in what I know about him.

Nonsensical

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Total NF. No logic circuits installed.

"I believe in everything until it's disproved. So I believe in fairies, the myths, dragons. It all exists, even if it's in your mind. Who's to say that dreams and nightmares aren't as real as the here and now? "

"I believe in God, but not as one thing, not as an old man in the sky. I believe that what people call God is something in all of us. I believe that what Jesus and Mohammed and Buddha and all the rest said was right. It's just that the translations have gone wrong. "

"I don't believe in killing whatever the reason."

"If everyone demanded peace instead of another television set, then there'd be peace."

"We've got this gift of love, but love is like a precious plant. You can't just accept it and leave it in the cupboard or just think it's going to get on by itself. You've got to keep watering it. You've got to really look after it and nurture it."

Get an NTJ behind these ideas, and you have one productive activist, inspirationalist, and idealist. It's not what you believe in and feel, but how you believe in it and how you feel about it.

Does he like the idea of believing in these things? Does it add to the type of character he sees himself as? It's the ego telling him who he is. He has an identity he's trying to view himself as.

I can't possibly see him as an NF.

I don't know why people always automatically associate NF with concepts of faith and mysticism, and stereotype NTs as strictly logical, intellectual, pragmatistical pessemists. Lennon wasn't that, yet he is clearly an NT. Ghandi was an INTJ, as was Jesus, in my opinion. They knew what they believed in and executed it in a very NTJ fashion. They focused on it, they took it to the max, not letting their guard down.

Don't assume too much about NTs and NFs, as a general statement to everyone.

GZA

Resident Snot-Nose
MBTI Type
infp
I once read a thing describing his songwriting process as told by people who knew him well and worked with him, and it seemed extremely rational and almost formulaic/structured... it was all done in layers of structure that were built up, creating structure and then filling in the details. This seems to be the opposite of how I think P's theoretically approach things, where details are made first and structure is created afterwards.

Lady_X

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
my friend thinks intp...anybody else see that?

BlueScreen

Fail 2.0
MBTI Type
YMCA
My friend who reminds me a huge amount of him is ENTJ I think. Almost certain. So I'm with others on ENTJ. I'd heard him called an NFP constantly and I was never that sure. So this is feeling more settling. It was this photo that really screamed it to me at the start and lead me in the NTJ direction. To me it pretty clearly VIs as ENTJ also. Reminds me of the ones at work as well as my friend.

picture.php

The Beatles wouldn't be a bad example of "taking over the world" either.

soleil

MBTI Type
ENFP
It never crossed my mind that he could be an NTJ. Very interesting. Any idea what Yoko is?

BlueScreen

Fail 2.0
MBTI Type
YMCA
No idea about Yoko yet. I'll look though.

Paul's a pretty classic ESFP, yeh? or is that one that people just assumed too?

Quinlan

Intriguing....
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
9w1

NTJs really think this stuff? Scary...