• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Peter Steele

What Personality Type is Peter Steele?

• Dario

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • INFP

• ENFP

• ENFJ

• INTP

• INTJ

• ENTP

• ENTJ

• ISFP

• ISFJ

• ESFP

• ESFJ

• ISTP

• ESTP

• ESTJ

• 1w9

• 1w2

• 2w1

• 2w3

• 3w2

• 3w4

• 4w3

• 4w5

• 5w4

• 5w6

• 6w7

• 7w6

• 7w8

• 8w7

• 8w9

• 9w8

• 9w1

• Total voters

Lia_kat

MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
I started a Type O Negative thread in the music section, but it looks like there's just crickets. Lmao. :laugh::laugh: No biggie haha, but I'm still curious about Peter's type. :D I think he's an ISTJ. But I've also seen some people say he's actually ISFP and ISTP??? I need answers lol.

For those unfamiliar with him, he was the bassist&singer/song-writer for the band Type O Negative. To me he was a poet and lyrical genius, with an amazing sense of humor (mostly self-deprecating and sarcastic). Sensitive, kind, down-to-earth, and pragmatic. Family-oriented, very blue-collar, used to work as a sanitation worker for the Parks Dpt in Brooklyn. Nature lover. Had problems with depression, alcoholism and drug addiction, eventually becoming sober at the end of his life.

"Base not your joy on the deeds of others. For what has been given can be taken away."

"I think anyone who has an opinion, and voices it, will offend someone."

"I just like being a social experiment sometimes. I really should not be allowed in public. But I just go out into the public just to see people's reaction."

"As far as humor goes, I've always been a very insecure person and I've always wanted to be liked."

What do you guys think?

Last edited:

SurrealisticSlumbers

📠girl in an 🎠world
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I confess I've only seen one or two of these interviews / videos of his candid moments... I think I've seen him typed elsewhere as either an ISTJ or ISTP. I'm leaning towards ISTJ, as he immediately comes off as pragmatic and focused on tangible, real-world matters (as you mentioned), just based on the one interview on Maury (I think?)... He says something at the beginning of the show, when asked how he's doing, that he's "less miserable" and then he goes into how he owes thousands of dollars in taxes, or is frustrated at how he's going to pay the property tax or something. :laugh: IDK, been a while since i watched it. The segment was about the "real lives of groupies" or something like that, if I am recalling correctly, and he was invited on to give his opinion as a touring musician (he was very polite to the ladies being interviewed, lol).

Regarding his "normal" job aside from music: "...his job involved park maintenance, driving vehicles including garbage trucks and steamrollers, and eventual promotion to the role of park supervisor. Steele considered his days working for the parks department to be among his happiest." Who, but an SJ type, would actually enjoy such work?

We also have to remember that no type is immune to substance abuse or mental health issues, and from what I have read, Peter suffered from both. He seems to have been concerned with religion and after getting clean, took it more seriously, which also points to a "Guardian" / SJ personality type.

Anyway, it is truly sad that we lost this gothic rock/metal icon at such a young age (48!), and of course how much more of a loss it must have been to his large and loving family, who operate a blog in his memory with stories and photos continually uploaded for his fans to enjoy.

Lia_kat

MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
I confess I've only seen one or two of these interviews / videos of his candid moments... I think I've seen him typed elsewhere as either an ISTJ or ISTP. I'm leaning towards ISTJ, as he immediately comes off as pragmatic and focused on tangible, real-world matters (as you mentioned), just based on the one interview on Maury (I think?)... He says something at the beginning of the show, when asked how he's doing, that he's "less miserable" and then he goes into how he owes thousands of dollars in taxes, or is frustrated at how he's going to pay the property tax or something. :laugh: IDK, been a while since i watched it. The segment was about the "real lives of groupies" or something like that, if I am recalling correctly, and he was invited on to give his opinion as a touring musician (he was very polite to the ladies being interviewed, lol).

Regarding his "normal" job aside from music: "...his job involved park maintenance, driving vehicles including garbage trucks and steamrollers, and eventual promotion to the role of park supervisor. Steele considered his days working for the parks department to be among his happiest." Who, but an SJ type, would actually enjoy such work?

We also have to remember that no type is immune to substance abuse or mental health issues, and from what I have read, Peter suffered from both. He seems to have been concerned with religion and after getting clean, took it more seriously, which also points to a "Guardian" / SJ personality type.

Anyway, it is truly sad that we lost this gothic rock/metal icon at such a young age (48!), and of course how much more of a loss it must have been to his large and loving family, who operate a blog in his memory with stories and photos continually uploaded for his fans to enjoy.

You should definitely watch some more videos, he's hilarious! I particularly love that interview of all of them with Juliya. I laugh so hard every time I watch it. :rotfl: All of the guys are so cool, down-to-earth and Peter is such a goof!!
And you're thinking of Jerry Springer! Who can forget that incredible entrance when all the girls go wild?....Priceless. Haha. :drool:

But yes, I agree with you. He always comes across as a no-nonsense, concrete person when it came to work and life issues. The way he carried himself looks SJ to me. Even in his lyrics, even though they seem very Fi, it was always about tangible problems (things he experienced in real life, actions, etc) and the way he approached his music was orderly, detailed, and methodical. I remember reading once that he was very particular and obsessive about the specific type of green that he would use for the albums, and everything had to be perfect. Also, at one point in his life, he was interested in becoming a police officer. Law enforcement screams ISTJ to me.

"...his job involved park maintenance, driving vehicles including garbage trucks and steamrollers, and eventual promotion to the role of park supervisor. Steele considered his days working for the parks department to be among his happiest." Who, but an SJ type, would actually enjoy such work? - You're completely right!! I think (maybe?) some people have confused him as an ISFP because of his love of nature, but being ISFP myself, I really don't see it..

The world got colder when we lost the jolly (not so jolly) green giant of metal, he left such a void. Truly a one of a kind person; irreplaceable. Forever in the hearts and minds of his fans. His family's blog is a treasure every fan should read. So many wonderful and funny stories. They're such amazing people too and embrace fans as their own.

Last edited:

Morpeko

Noble Wolf
MBTI Type
LEFV
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Oh, I just found this thread. He's always stricken me as an ISTJ. I like him as an example of a non-traditional famous ISTJ with artistic interests since ISTJs are usually seen as the more boring type, but if you look more closely (as the two posters here have) he does have some pretty clear stereotypical ISTJ traits too. I don't have any more valuable proof of him being an ISTJ since the posts above me are actually pretty good, I came here mainly to post about his enneagram.

Still, I don't think there's any sense in typing him as ISTP. Fi is not an unvalued function for him by any means. Also... where's the Ti? He does give big ST energy in him being realistic, down-to-earth, straight-to-the-point but witty, but he can easily be ISTJ with all of those traits.

Also, who the hell voted INFP for him in the poll? No, just no. Where's the aux Ne in this dude? If he has any Ne it's inferior. Are people typing him as Fi-dom because he was a goth? Lol.

For enneagram, I'd say 649 is my best bet (which can also help explain why he seems IxFP-ish).

I'd lean more toward 6w7 as his core. He seems pretty 6 in most ways... adverse to change, dealing with anxiety both phobically and counterphobically. The triads fit well: compliant, reactive, attachment. I would say w7 since he's been more likely to turn to "outer" things as distractions to deal with his anxiety (the alcoholism and such, and then later on, religion) rather than seeming to hoard information like a w5.

I've noticed that someone typed him as a 2 in the poll, which I think is a bit off. I think that any 2-ish qualities could be his 6w7, or even a 9 fix. I think 4 is a more fitting heart fix for him. Some of his most famous quotes are honestly very doubt triad. These ones in particular strike me as 6+4:

"As far as humor goes, I've always been a very insecure person and I've always wanted to be liked." (in the OP)

"I was fine, until I was born. And it's been downhill ever since." (I had this one recently as my signature... fucking relatable)