• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Favourite Comedian

ed111

MBTI Type
INTJ
I just wondered who are your favourite stand-up comedians, and also what personality types you think they might be?

My personal favourite is Bill Hicks (R.I.P.). Not only was the guy extremely funny, he also was interested in big issues of the day (e.g. Gulf War) and questioned society's attitude toward sex, religion, abortion etc. I'm hoping and praying he's an INTJ!

Other favourites are Chris Rock (keeping it real.....real dumb), Steven Wright (clever use of language) and Peter Kay (family entertainer, harks back to things I remember as a child).

lane777

nevermore
Seinfeld makes me laugh so hard I cry - and I'm not an easy one to crack up. It's dry, observational humour. For a good example of his work, try "I'm telling you for the last time," on DVD. He's prob an NF, but I'm not capable of getting more specific at the moment. Need food in me to get the brain working.

ed111

MBTI Type
INTJ
Seinfeld makes me laugh so hard I cry - and I'm not an easy one to crack up. It's dry, observational humour. For a good example of his work, try "I'm telling you for the last time," on DVD. He's prob an NF, but I'm not capable of getting more specific at the moment. Need food in me to get the brain working.

I adore Curb Your Enthusiasm with Larry David (the guy who wrote Seinfeld). I am convinced that he's an INTJ :)

ps. I also like his stand-up stuff, such as the sketch about how although he is a Jew, he respects Hitler for not taking any shit off magicians.

Bella

MBTI Type
ISTJ
I adore Curb Your Enthusiasm with Larry David (the guy who wrote Seinfeld). I am convinced that he's an INTJ :)

ps. I also like his stand-up stuff, such as the sketch about how although he is a Jew, he respects Hitler for not taking any shit off magicians.

I didn't realize that. I thought Seinfeld wrote Seinfeld.

Jack Flak

Permabanned
MBTI Type
type
I didn't realize that. I thought Seinfeld wrote Seinfeld.
David was the head writer (for the first seven seasons), so I believe he had the final say on what went in. And he wrote a s***load of episodes.

vince

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
6w
Definitely Bill Hicks.
It's possible that Hicks was an INTJ, but my best bet...INFJ...sorry ;)
Reasons : he made a lot of pleas for a more compassionate world and he was clearly an idealist.

ed111

MBTI Type
INTJ
Definitely Bill Hicks.
It's possible that Hicks was an INTJ, but my best bet...INFJ...sorry ;)
Reasons : he made a lot of pleas for a more compassionate world and he was clearly an idealist.

I agree. He was very compassionate, although he didn't really show much compassion for idiots. Let's call him INxJ and be done with it :)

vince

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
6w
deal :)
yeah, he was ruthless for idiots : "I'd recommend 8 to 10 glasses of water a day" comes to mind :D
If he was still around he would have an instant heartattack. things only got worse since the early nineties when he died.
I may not be half as funny as him but I have the exact same sentiments about everything.

Brooke

MBTI Type
infj
Hmmm, Catherine Tate. I find her to be immensely talented. Or Tina Fey, or Chelsea Handler. Ok, I'm going with my top three... But Catherine's at the top.

soleil

MBTI Type
ENFP

No Particular Order

Bill Burr
Paul F. Tompkins
Larry David
Brian Reagan
Katt Williams
Daniel Tosh
Chris Rock

Old School
Richard Pryor
Bill Cosby
Redd Foxx
George Carlin

Ponyboy

Insert witty line here...
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
9w1
Steven Wright cracks me up everytime!
PS...Happy Belated Birthday! (yesterday)

Shimmy

MBTI Type
SEXY
I like british comedy. Sean Lock, Tim Minchin (who is actually australian, but lives in London), Jimmy Carr, Ross Noble, Mitchell & Webb. I think, in general brits have a sharper wit and a better sense of sarcasm than people from any other nation.

Check for instance the clip in my signature.

MBTI Type
INTJ
I'm going to take the thread at face value and simply pick standups based on their standup work, not any acting or other work they may have done.

Mitch Hedberg
Louis CK
Eddie Izzard
Bill Cosby
Eddie Murphy
Robert Schimmel
Zach Galifanakis
Dave Chappelle
Ron White