• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Does this ring any bells?

kyuuei

Emperor/Dictator
MBTI Type
enfp
Enneagram
Lemmings! ^_^ I remember this game! I was terrible at it Lmao! Lots of puzzle-solving with no shiny distractions admist it.. I am definitely not an INTJ. But I did like it all the same.

GargoylesLegacy

Kickin' Ass since 1984
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
8w9
Oh Gee, my Frie....err...I mean...LEMMINGS!!! ^^°°
I was pretty good at it and uh...somehow, when I look at this Video it strongly reminds me of my nearer Environment. Now whyyyy would THAT be. *cough*

Ivy

Strongly Ambivalent
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
I freaking loved Lemmings.

Virtual ghost

Complex paradigm
Hmm... 5 people in the thread and 3 of them are INTJ.
Can somebody explain to me why I am not suprised?

nightning

ish red no longer *sad*
MBTI Type
INfj
Because we're computer nerds?

Lemmings was great... strategy games are loads of fun.

StoryOfMyLife

MBTI Type
INfJ
Enneagram
4w5
We played this game when I was in elementary school! I was pretty bad at it *lol* I seemed to do better with Oregon Trail [anybody remember that one? :D] though don't think I ever made it to Oregon o.o;

With some INTJ instruction, I bet the Lemmings could have made it to Oregon...

GargoylesLegacy

Kickin' Ass since 1984
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
8w9
Hmm... 5 people in the thread and 3 of them are INTJ.
Can somebody explain to me why I am not suprised?
Because we are Computernerds as nightning already said AND because we are the "Leaders" who will "boss People around". Why? Because oddly so many Persons like to put their Lives in our Hands. :tongue:
There, I've said it.

So as I was saying...Myyyyy, those lil nice Lemmings...they so remind me of my Frien...err...Something. :D

Magic Poriferan

^He pronks, too!
MBTI Type
Yin
Enneagram
One
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I've spent a lot of time on Lemmings, too. :)
I mainly played a version that had a lot more levels and different kinds of Lemmings. It definitely wasn't the original.

Virtual ghost

Complex paradigm
Ah, from an era when games were still relatively difficult.

Call me anti-tolerant but I think that back then video games were created by a bunch of NTs and almost all of them were mostly for other NTs.

I remember also that old games required much more intellect then most of modern games.

Virtual ghost

Complex paradigm
I've spent a lot of time on Lemmings, too. :)
I mainly played a version that had a lot more levels and different kinds of Lemmings. It definitely wasn't the original.

I played them too, with time they made the entire thing more complicated then the original.

GargoylesLegacy

Kickin' Ass since 1984
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
8w9
I remember also that old games required much more intellect then most of modern games.
Okay so let's make a Theory here...Do you think that because of that most Persons who actually beat those Games "easily" were NTs?

If so, then the Theory I have about my Dad is definitely true. :shock:

Virtual ghost

Complex paradigm
Okay so let's make a Theory here...Do you think that because of that most Persons who actually beat those Games "easily" were NTs?

If so, then the Theory I have about my Dad is definitely true. :shock:

Well, I won't place any bets on it but it could be.

I have said what I said because most of modern games are all about graphics or "make-up" but from the point of intellect they are not hard or complex.

Today only games that need higher level of lntellect to be played are
role-playing games and strategy games.

While some 15-20 years ago graphic was so bad that only way to make a game was by creating logical problems.

I think that Lemmings are one good example of this.

nightning

ish red no longer *sad*
MBTI Type
INfj
Well, since most games back then were based on logic... fitted with many many levels... naturally only NTs will maintain interest all enough to beat them. I'd imagine other types would have gotten bored half way through. Practice makes perfect right? :huh:

Virtual ghost

Complex paradigm
Well, since most games back then were based on logic... fitted with many many levels... naturally only NTs will maintain interest all enough to beat them. I'd imagine other types would have gotten bored half way through. Practice makes perfect right? :huh:

I think that practice is not so much important as will to play with logical problems.

Night

Boring old fossil
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5/8
Great, great game, Antisocial.

My favorite level was "Heaven". Theme music was especially memorable.

Virtual ghost

Complex paradigm
Hmm, 5 INTJ in a thread this small?
That can't be just a coincidence.

In the case that someone wants to enjoy the old times I will post 2 videos.

[YOUTUBE="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7SgDS-16UFA"]Lemmings part 1[/YOUTUBE]

[YOUTUBE="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v5Rd-xGt6aU&feature=related"]Lemmings part 2[/YOUTUBE]

Night I believe that your favorite level starts at 26:40 in the first video.