User Tag List

123 Last

Default Are there any gamers on the forum?

Are there any gamers on the forum? I know that there are some AD&D players but I was wondering about gamers in the broadest possible sense too, like consoles, PC gamer, micro-computers, retro or current, what's your favourite game? Do you follow any Twitch gamers or youtube gamers?
    Likes Sundae liked this post

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx

I'm one of the AD&D players, but I play the old-fashioned table-top version. Never did online gaming of any sort. I also enjoy board games like scrabble, pictionary, taboo, balderdash, etc.
    I've been called a criminal, a terrorist, and a threat to the known universe. But everything you were told is a lie. The truth is, they've taken our freedom, our home, and our future. The time has come for all humanity to take a stand...
    Likes Totenkindly, anticlimatic liked this post

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5

I play WoW on and off. Haven't bought the new expansion or resubbed. SO is playing the new expansion.

SO and I play team Smash Bros a lot online. We also play most of the Zeldas, where he fights stuff and I figure out where to go next.

My favorite game experience ever is Zelda: Windwaker. There's just something about that graphics, the open seas, and the kiddy-ness of the thing. Plus, the excellent 'people' quests -- where you have go to talk to people and pay attention and not just 'A' through everything.

And, when I'm brain-dead I waste time swiping CandyCrush candies around like the rest of the world.
    4w5 sp/sx EII
    Fear less, love more, be the change you want to see in the world.
    Likes Totenkindly liked this post

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

Regularly play tabletop RPGs (mostly 5e nowadays, although I played a lot of WoD, Aberrant, Pathfinder, AD&D, and occasionally a test run of a new game). I remember being enamored with TSR's "Top Secret" back in the early 80's.

I'm currently playing WoW online, but I've done extended stints on SWTOR, Rift, City of Heroes, The Secret World, and Tera.

Offline, I have played Civilization, Need for Speed, most Infocom text games, Walking Dead, Left for Dead, Doom, Quake, Hexen, Quest for Glory, Wizardry, Ultima, Grim Fandango, Kings Quest, Dragon Age series, Diablo, Black and White, etc.

I play Quiddler, Scattergories, Boggle, Monopoly, Risk, Stratego, Uno, RummyQ, and other similar board games.

I quit Candy Crush fairly quickly, it was too dangerous. One of my friends got sucked into that game and never came out!

Outdoors, I played tennis for a number of years. Also like Ultimate Frisbee and Frisbee golf. And Miniature golf.
    "Hey Capa -- We're only stardust." ~ "Sunshine"

“Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft
    Likes Eryn Silverfrond, Sundae liked this post

Garbage human

Yes
    'When you have no basis for an argument, abuse the plaintiff.'

-Cicero

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    8w7
    Socionics
    Duno None

Anymore I am loath to affiliate myself with the term but yes.
    “ they’re on our left, they’re on our right, they’re in front of us, they’re behind us…they can’t get away this time”

Quote Originally Posted by Coriolis View Post
    I'm one of the AD&D players, but I play the old-fashioned table-top version. Never did online gaming of any sort. I also enjoy board games like scrabble, pictionary, taboo, balderdash, etc.
    Which edition? I've been collecting second edition for a while now, I really like them, I dont like some of the more recent editions.

What's your view about the changes in the character classes more recently which have the chaos and evil aligned and lawful and good aligned but doesnt permit lawful evil or chaotic good alignments? Also do you think its possible that Paladins can exist in anything other than lawful good class?

I got a copy of the 2nd edition Paladin book recently, there's a section on personality and I love the cynical or tormented personality types.

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    8w7
    Socionics
    Duno None

What is ADnD?

I’ve played A LOT of DnD. I hate it except for 5th ed which is SO much fun.
    Played GURPS I think was worse, but I only played ut once so it may have been the GM, and players.

I think my favorite system is something called F.A.T.E. It’s light in rules heavy on action and a lot of fun. Simetimes rediculous.
    “ they’re on our left, they’re on our right, they’re in front of us, they’re behind us…they can’t get away this time”
    Likes Eryn Silverfrond liked this post

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    451 sp/sx
    Socionics
    INFp Ni

I've been playing video games since my grandfather introduced me to Super Mario Bros. on his NES. My two favorite games are Xenosaga Episode III and Final Fantasy IX. Other favorites of mine include Paper Mario, Chrono Trigger, Chrono Cross, Final Fantasy 1-10, Persona 3 & 4 & 5, Kingdom Hearts I & II, the entire Xenosaga series, Shin Megami Tensei II and III, the Dragon Quest series, EarthBound, Mother 3, and the main entries of the Pokemon series. In general, I like RPGs. I used to do tabletop RPGs, but my group fell apart.
    [ Ni > Ti > Fe > Fi > Ne > Te > Si > Se ][ 4w5 sp/sx ][ RLOAI ][ IEI-Ni ]
    Likes staticundertones liked this post

Quote Originally Posted by Yuu View Post
    What is ADnD?

I’ve played A LOT of DnD. I hate it except for 5th ed which is SO much fun.
    Played GURPS I think was worse, but I only played ut once so it may have been the GM, and players.

I think my favorite system is something called F.A.T.E. It’s light in rules heavy on action and a lot of fun. Simetimes rediculous.
    Advanced Dungeons and Dragons, I hate the 5th ed, although I'll be honest that I'm a bigger fan of story telling and the earlier focus on that (or so I think) as opposed to numbers, number grids, all that sort of stuff.

I personally play fighting fantasy books more than DnD as it was kind of what was available in the UK, one of the principle authors of GURPS I think was one of the big FF authors, there were two, and one of them went on to create Warhammer, Warcraft, WoW, all of that, I think he may have sold his share in all of it now.

FF itself is a big collecting scene now and a lot of the books are ridiculously priced and difficult to get, I really wish they'd just republish all of them, it would have been bigger if it hadnt been for the fact that they launched their last big drive for sales simultaneous to NES becoming popular in the UK and console gaming making its own come back. Totally eclipsed reading.