594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

Default Suicide squad 2

This would just be so ironic.
    (And btw screw you, disney)

James Gunn Will Write Suicide Squad 2, May Even Direct
    "Hey Capa -- We're only stardust." ~ "Sunshine"

“Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft
    Likes Gentleman Jack liked this post

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    8w7
    Socionics
    Duno None

How the fuck did that trash fire get a sequel?

Are standards no longer a thing?
    ..J/K I know they aren't.
    “ they’re on our left, they’re on our right, they’re in front of us, they’re behind us…they can’t get away this time”

I'm finally interested in watching the original.
    What a curve ball.
    "You know, with Hitler, the more I learn about that guy, the more I don't care for him."
    Norm MacDonald

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

I think DC is just desperate for a hit, and what options do they have?
    Gunn has a successful and even somewhat spectacular track record for the genre, with the two GotG's and an exec prod of Avengers 4.

I assume Aquaman will do okay coming up. James Wan will bring in solid money for them, even if it's just fast and furious under the sea.

The thing is, I just thought I saw something about the SS2 screenplay being finished a month ago... but that was before the director bailed and before Gunn was involved. Maybe the script is being ditched too if they are getting Gunn on board.

“Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft

Pleased to Meet You... Gentleman Jack's Avatar
    MBTI
    ESFP
    Enneagram

Its sad because I really like DCs television shows, they do long arcs much better than movies...
    With all due respect,
    -Jack.

"People like crowds. The bigger the crowd, the more people show up. Small crowd, hardly anybody shows up."
    Likes Totenkindly liked this post

MBTI
    INFJ

DC has a really cool roster of heroes and villains, IMO better, more interesting, more colorful than Marvel's, so it's kind of depressing to see the powers-that-be just trying to copy and paste the MCU formula. Such wasted potential.

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

Quote Originally Posted by asynartetic View Post
    DC has a really cool roster of heroes and villains, IMO better, more interesting, more colorful than Marvel's, so it's kind of depressing to see the powers-that-be just trying to copy and paste the MCU formula. Such wasted potential.
    They just don't seem to have anyone who knows what to do with the properties anymore.

I've been pretty hard on Snyder. I guess at least he had a vision even if it was too dark in some ways and not deep enough, since most of the other stuff they do ends up being total shite. I didn't like the final Nolan Batman film but at least he had his own take on things + consistent tone.

Studios just seem to be terrified to take chances and end up helicoptering the whole affair halfway through, leading to a real mess of story and tone. This has been happening with Disney properties too, sometimes it works out and sometimes it ruins whatever good there was in the film.

Their new Shazam movie looks like a more light-hearted spin. When I saw Zach Levi at Baltimore Comic*Con at end of Sept, he said he actually passed on the movie lead tryout (he figured they were going for big buff guys, even though he was approached cold on it)... then went back a few months later to audition for a supporting role that opened up and they were like, "uh, do you want the lead? you're exactly what we're looking for." I've heard the film described as a cross between Tom Hanks' "Big" and a superhero film probably more in tone with light-hearted Iron Man and from the promos that seems to be true.

Likes asynartetic, Gentleman Jack liked this post

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

What would be pretty cool for high-end TV would be a "Legion of Superheroes" involving either Darkseid returning (something the movies have kinda screwed the pooch with) or something involving the Time Trapper /Glorith arcs. But taken more seriously, over the long term, rather than crammed into a 100-minute film that is poorly written.

Pleased to Meet You... Gentleman Jack's Avatar
    MBTI
    ESFP
    Enneagram

Also DC needs to invest more in John Constantine...
    With all due respect,
    -Jack.

"People like crowds. The bigger the crowd, the more people show up. Small crowd, hardly anybody shows up."

MBTI
    IXTX
    Enneagram
    458 sp/sx
    Socionics
    ILI Te

The new director might be able to save it.
    Nohari, Johari

"I am not what happened to me, I am what I choose to become."

4w5|8w9|5w6