• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Suicide squad 2

Abcdenfp

Terpsichore
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7W8
What I will never understand is why these movie hot shots don't pick an iconic comic book pick the top strip of its time and then just use the premise for the movie script and scenes. Simple.
There is such a wealth of stories they don't need to keep reinventing the wheel

Totenkindly

@.~*virinaĉo*~.@
MBTI Type
BELF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
The-Suicide-Squad-Empire-Magazine-Cover-2.jpg

Stigmata

Super Moderator
Staff member
Will Smith: "So that's it, huh? We're some sort of Suicide Squad....again..."

No thanks. I'm good. Didn't we say all we needed to with the first one?

The Cat

Just a Cat who hangs out at the Crossroads
Staff member
Will Smith: "So that's it, huh? We're some sort of Suicide Squad....again..."

No thanks. I'm good. Didn't we say all we needed to with the first one?

<---Pretty much my thoughts on it.

Totenkindly

@.~*virinaĉo*~.@
MBTI Type
BELF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
At least they wont have to high a bar to cross to be better than the first one. Hopefully this feels more birds of prey and less over edited

I'm not sure what I think based on the trailers but I do have faith in Gunn.

There's a reason why two of my favorite five or so Marvel flicks are the ones he made.

The Cat

Just a Cat who hangs out at the Crossroads
Staff member
I'm not sure what I think based on the trailers but I do have faith in Gunn.

There's a reason why two of my favorite five or so Marvel flicks are the ones he made.

Yeah, Im in the same boat. I can see his style in the trailer, but ived been burned by trailers not matching movies before...

- - - Updated - - -

He's not Joss Whedon though so I know he's not just out to hurt me on purpose because he's a monster.

Abcdenfp

Terpsichore
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7W8
What I will never understand is why these movie hot shots don't pick an iconic comic book pick the top strip of its time and then just use the premise for the movie script and scenes. Simple. There is such a wealth of stories they don't need to keep reinventing the wheel
I SAY THIS ALL THE TIME .. they have all the material it makes NO SENSE they have a goldmine WHO is in charge

Totenkindly

@.~*virinaĉo*~.@
MBTI Type
BELF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Yeah, Im in the same boat. I can see his style in the trailer, but ived been burned by trailers not matching movies before...

*cough cough* like Suicide Squad 1 *cough cough*

He's not Joss Whedon though so I know he's not just out to hurt me on purpose because he's a monster.

:rofl1:

b43d132f0494ce9bb026ae478c5861cf.jpg

that's cuz you are, Josh -- that's cuz you are...

I SAY THIS ALL THE TIME .. they have all the material it makes NO SENSE they have a goldmine WHO is in charge

Seriously. DC has 80 years of comics, I'm so confused as to how they have struggled so much over the years, considering they even really started the comic book movie genre in the 70's. Marvel properties were sold out to other studios, and they didn't really start their empire until 2010.

You think it would have been easier.

Marvel tends to not do their stories verbatim, they've typically had a general sense of ongoing big narrative arc and incorporate property storylines into it. You can see how Fox screwed up the properties, though, just like DC has, for the Marvel things they had rights to. I just don't get it.

Are they just THAT bad at the genre storytelling?

Julius_Van_Der_Beak

Up the Wolves
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Apparently Will Smith isn't coming back for this film (just to be called "The Suicide Squad") but they're retiring Deadshot out of respect and in case he comes back for a later film -- so Idris Elba will be playing some other character as yet I haven't heard.
Maybe Catman?

MV5BMGQyNzUxNTAtYWZmNy00YzE0LTk1OTgtMjVjZmQwNTg2MjkxXkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyODUzMjQxMTA@._V1_.jpg

(In case anyone's wondering, there is actually a Batman villain called catman)

Abcdenfp

Terpsichore
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7W8
*cough cough* like Suicide Squad 1 *cough cough* :rofl1:
b43d132f0494ce9bb026ae478c5861cf.jpg
that's cuz you are, Josh -- that's cuz you are... Seriously. DC has 80 years of comics, I'm so confused as to how they have struggled so much over the years, considering they even really started the comic book movie genre in the 70's. Marvel properties were sold out to other studios, and they didn't really start their empire until 2010. You think it would have been easier. Marvel tends to not do their stories verbatim, they've typically had a general sense of ongoing big narrative arc and incorporate property storylines into it. You can see how Fox screwed up the properties, though, just like DC has, for the Marvel things they had rights to. I just don't get it. Are they just THAT bad at the genre storytelling?
I think what they need to do is get someone who is like a comic book historian (go to fucking comic con and get serious) . Sit them down and go "give us 10 of the best plots ever and their history/ back story)
let them do a story board that connects with and has context to other DC Marvel stories and THEN let the writers in .
seriously I could create this format for them . No charge just give me what I am looking for .
and if I see another Spider-Man reboot I am going to kick someone in the groin, tie them up with that web shite and gag them with the script.

Totenkindly

@.~*virinaĉo*~.@
MBTI Type
BELF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Hey look, it's Trailer Two-Fer Week!

Totenkindly

@.~*virinaĉo*~.@
MBTI Type
BELF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
This aired tonight at 7pm EST on HBO Max.

It was the film we deserved last time -- very entertaining.

They also managed to make Harley far more independent and less sexualized eye candy, while still treating her like a whole person.

I've been hearing GotG3 is the last film Gunn is doing for Marvel, and otherwise he's going to be doing a lot of DC things. It will definitely put them back on the map. He's a talent.

Julius_Van_Der_Beak

Up the Wolves
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
This aired tonight at 7pm EST on HBO Max.

It was the film we deserved last time -- very entertaining.

They also managed to make Harley far more independent and less sexualized eye candy, while still treating her like a whole person.

I've been hearing GotG3 is the last film Gunn is doing for Marvel, and otherwise he's going to be doing a lot of DC things. It will definitely put them back on the map. He's a talent.

Oh, so please tell me Idris Elba plays Catman.