• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Missing Marty Balin

SurrealisticSlumbers

📠girl in an 🎠world
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
RIP, Marty. Your lyrics came from a place of such boundless love and tenderness, and talk about one of the finest tenors in psychedelic rock. Damn.

Gone too soon.

Jefferson Airplane Co-Founder Marty Balin Dead at 76 – Rolling Stone

4a44fd19ccc205af5085f09ef12e69fe.jpg

"Marty and I shared the deepest of love - he often called it Nirvana - and it was. But really, we were all touched by his love. His presence will be within my entire being forever."
- Susan Balin, his wife

Bandmate and Airplane guitarist Jorma Kaukonen recalled that Marty always carried himself with "a quiet dignity" while other members of the band were "loudmouths." Everyone was always on some kind of drug in the band, cocaine becoming popular with several of them as Marty discussed in a '93 interview: "Everybody was doing so much drugs and I couldn’t even talk to the band. I was into yoga at the time. I’d given up drinking and I was into a totally different area, health foods and getting back to the streets, working with the American Indians. It was getting strange for me. Cocaine was a big deal in those days, and I wasn’t a cokie and I couldn’t talk with everybody who had an answer for every goddamn thing, rationalizing everything that happened. I thought it made the music really tight and constrictive and ruined it."

Woah, I've been so many places, I've seen some things
I know that love is the answer
Keeps holding this world together
Ain't nothing better? Ain't nothing better?
And all the answers to our prayers
Hell, it's the same everywhere

I'm so full of love I could burst apart and start to cry...
Today, everything you want
I swear it will all come true
Today, I realize how much I'm in love with you
With you standing here, I could tell the world
What it means to love
To go on from here, I can't use words
They don't say enough...