User Tag List

12311 Last

Default Patrick Stewart will reprise his role as Jean-Luc Picard

Likes Tater, Tengri, Cellmold, rav3n liked this post

Oh good.

If I ever had a TV dad, Picard was the closest thing.
    Likes Yuu liked this post

I'm very excited about this. Insurrection was such a letdown on multiple levels, so having Stewart back again in any way is a dream come true. Hopefully his character won't be written as some cranky, disenchanted diplomat or admiral dragged down by Klingon or Romulan hijinks. Something optimistic about exploration, like TNG hopefully

(Not mine) Saw this over on io9 the other day and it tickled me a bit
    Likes Officer Ed Powell liked this post

Of course it will only be available via the CBS streaming service. Gotta squeeze every penny out of trekkies. Love it, a series that's about a utopian future, but at the end of the day, it's just another product, another commodity for naïve schlubs to spend their money on. And they're talking about a shitload more trek shows that will eventually be released through the CBS on demand service. They're really milking this now. I'd consider subscribing just for the new Stewart series, but I think I will pass. It'll probably suck anyway, completely miss the point of Roddenberry's vision, like everything that's been made in the Trek name since the end of TNG. Will probably involve more plots about one-dimensional big bads bent on destroying the federation just because they can.
    Likes Tengri liked this post

I wonder if other TNG cast members are in talks. I know Dorn had been trying to get a Captain Worf series off the ground for a while, but I guess that's not happening? Would be nice to see him back in some form though, even if just a guest spot.

Not sure how Troi and Riker will fit in, since they left the Enterprise at the end of Nemesis. And Data died, though they implied all of his memories had been implanted in B-4 in Nemesis.

I think Barclay should be chief engineer (maybe Geordi has been promoted to captain of his own ship by now) and it might be cool if Wil Wheaton comes back as an older Wesley, maybe even as Picard's new first officer. Wait, fuck Barclay. Bring back O'Brien as chief engineer.

While we're at it, it would be cool to see some Voyager characters appear in guest spots. I could even see one or two of them appearing as regulars. I always liked Vorik.

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by asynartetic View Post
    Of course it will only be available via the CBS streaming service. Gotta squeeze every penny out of trekkies. Love it, a series that's about a utopian future, but at the end of the day, it's just another product, another commodity for naïve schlubs to spend their money on. .
    You know why they do this, of course. It's because those naive schlubs do in fact buy it. Imagine if they did not.
    I've been called a criminal, a terrorist, and a threat to the known universe. But everything you were told is a lie. The truth is, they've taken our freedom, our home, and our future. The time has come for all humanity to take a stand...

Quote Originally Posted by Coriolis View Post
    You know why they do this, of course. It's because those naive schlubs do in fact buy it. Imagine if they did not.
    Hey, I don't buy it. Actually, the moment where I got really jaded with Star Trek was back in the 2000s when all of the series and films were being released on DVD. I remember one season of TNG costing over 60 dollars. That is insane, I don't know if I've ever seen a lot of DVD sets cost that much.

Quote Originally Posted by asynartetic View Post
    I wonder if other TNG cast members are in talks. I know Dorn had been trying to get a Captain Worf series off the ground for a while, but I guess that's not happening? Would be nice to see him back in some form though, even if just a guest spot.

Not sure how Troi and Riker will fit in, since they left the Enterprise at the end of Nemesis. And Data died, though they implied all of his memories had been implanted in B-4 in Nemesis.

I think Barclay should be chief engineer (maybe Geordi has been promoted to captain of his own ship by now) and it might be cool if Wil Wheaton comes back as an older Wesley, maybe even as Picard's new first officer. Wait, fuck Barclay. Bring back O'Brien as chief engineer.

While we're at it, it would be cool to see some Voyager characters appear in guest spots. I could even see one or two of them appearing as regulars. I always liked Vorik.
    I haven't read anything specific yet, either. Those are all pretty reasonable guesses. Data was Picard's pet project; it would be a total shame if they didn't retcon his character in some way - maybe add a dash of Borg for kicks. I could see Guinan (and way less likely, Kirk) since they're both technically still trapped in the Nexus. It wouldn't be surprising if Q made a cameo, given his status as very irritating and immortal. Klingons are completely rebooted, so I don't know how Worf could be worked back in...with our luck, it'll be a 2-episode special about Nelix and Quark running a kitchen together

Quote Originally Posted by Tengri View Post
    I haven't read anything specific yet, either. Those are all pretty reasonable guesses. Data was Picard's pet project; it would be a total shame if they didn't retcon his character in some way - maybe add a dash of Borg for kicks. I could see Guinan (and way less likely, Kirk) since they're both technically still trapped in the Nexus. It wouldn't be surprising if Q made a cameo, given his status as very irritating and immortal. Klingons are completely rebooted, so I don't know how Worf could be worked back in...with our luck, it'll be a 2-episode special about Nelix and Quark running a kitchen together
    I think they should ignore Discovery and keep the Klingons consistent with their portrayal in TNG and DS9 for this series