• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Favorite Live Albums?

Permabanned
For pretty old stuff, Neil Diamond's Hot August Night live album is good

Agree re Live at Luther College, Toward the Within, and Nirvana Unplugged. I'd also add Alice in Chains unplugged.

sLiPpY

MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx

Parliament Funkadelic - The Mothership Connection (1976)

:thumbup:

cascadeco

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I think Tori Amos is really good live -- I mean, historically she was; I haven't seen her since 2009 though (and in 2009 was disappointed because she appeared to have gone the plastic surgery route... but I digress)

But to my knowledge she doesn't have an actual live album...though, she did put out a 'live' dvd/video performance, which was ok, but imo I've seen better live performances of hers -- but there's tons of stuff online / she has lots of individual live song recordings, and some of those performances are among my favorite of hers, beating the studio versions.

Lexicon

Temporal Mechanic
Staff member
MBTI Type
JINX
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I have many, but this one, off the top of my head. They played this show in London the day I was born.

And of course, Tom Waits Big Time.

ZGVpQHv.jpg

An excerpt. I can’t find the version I posted months ago (full 10 minutes or so) in What Are You Listening To. Anyway not technically a concert but definitely live.

SD45T-2

Senior Jr.
MBTI Type
ESTJ
Enneagram
1w2
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
Just about the ultimate Rush experience.