• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

What shows do you wish were still on the air?

Haight

Doesn't Read Your Posts
MBTI Type
INTj
No. The final episode was several years ago.

And he was on and off of Sex in the City. But Fleishman was my hero when I was a teen - smart, grumpy, eccentric, educated, cynical . . . Jew.

INTJMom

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w4
No. The final episode was several years ago.

And he was on and off of Sex in the City. But Fleishman was my hero when I was a teen - smart, grumpy, eccentric, educated, cynical . . . Jew.
Yeah, I loved Fleishman too. Maggie was the perfect foil for him. :smile:

Anja

MBTI Type
INFP
Haight - we still get Red Green here.

But then nobody realizes that it's out-dated!

Red Green is a way of life in Minne-soh-tah. Yah, you betcha!

Haight

Doesn't Read Your Posts
MBTI Type
INTj
Yes, I realize it's probably still on in Canada too. But I'm in neither of those locations!

Even if I was in those locations, you are merely viewing re-runs and I've seen them all several times over. I "miss the show" because I want new episodes!

Anja

MBTI Type
INFP
:cry:

Sobs because Haight says that we are "merely" viewing reruns.

We didn't know! Still haven't mastered the myriad uses of duct tape here.

kelric

Feline Member
MBTI Type
INtP
Hmm... at least these:

Rome
The Wire (although I still haven't seen the last season... in the Netflix Queue :))
Highlander (ignoring the AWFUL last season)
Farscape
Dead Like Me

Kasper

Diabolical
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
Firefly & Freaks and Geeks *moments silence for the fallen shows*

OctaviaCaesar

MBTI Type
INFJ
I miss the show "Square One" from PBS when I was a kid. I wish they would put them on DVD. I would buy them all.

Martoon

perdu fleur par bologne
MBTI Type
INTP
Firefly
Stark Raving Mad (great sitcom starring Tony Shaloub)
British version of 11th Hour
Cheers
Taxi
The Sketch Show

I'm sure there's some big ones I'm missing, but that's what's off the top of my head.

Negative_

Franklin - that show about the Turtle kid, and his best friend Bear, who was a Bear. Maybe it's still going, I dunno.

Does Arthur still air? I always liked that, too. I think he was an Aardvark.

kuranes

MBTI Type
XNXP
The Two Ronnies
Yeah, I liked that show, too.

There were some good "Mission Impossible" episodes, as there were for the first season of the original "Outer Limits". "The Rockford Files" was one I enjoyed as a young man and "The Wild Wild West" as a young teen. There was something different about "Sea Hunt", too; which was showing when I was really young - although I suppose they could all get boring if they just kept going.

MacGuffin

Permabanned
MBTI Type
xkcd
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Shows that I thought needed to end but I still wish I could see new episodes:

Buffy the Vampire Slayer
M*A*S*H
Northern Exposure
The X-Files

Shows that ended too soon:

Arrested Development
Freaks and Geeks
Wonderfalls

BerberElla

12 and a half weeks
MBTI Type
infp
The 4400
Farscape
Sliders
Blade (yeah ok shoot me, but it was good to me damn it:

Rajah

Reigning Bologna Princess
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
Arrested Development
Soap
Buffy the Vampire Slayer
The OC
Cop Rock*
The Mole (WITH ANDERSON COOPER)
Quantum Leap
The Carol Burnett Show (though, I suspect, Tim Conway wouldn't be quite as amusing now. ;) )
Star Trek (the original series, bad effects and all)
Sports Night
My So-Called Life
Dead Like Me
MTV's Remote Control (used to love it as a kid; would probably annoy me now, though)
News Radio

*nothing like obscure musical police show references to humor me...

kyuuei

Emperor/Dictator
MBTI Type
enfp
Enneagram
Gawd reading these responses, I watched a LOT more TV than I thought I did.

I loved the golden years of Mad TV with Mo Collins, Michael McDonald, Bobby Lee, Debra Wilson, and Aries Spears

I've RIGHT with you there!! I was an avid watcher.

Band of Brothers (maybe they can go back to war?)

I lol'd at this.! GREAT show though.

celebrity deathmatch

Another show I saw on and off! Seeing Robot Chicken re-dos of it made me nostalgic.

The Oblongs

I KNEW I wasn't the only one that loved that show!

:wubbie:

harvey birdman too.

I have the first two seasons on DVD. It's funny when you sit down and really watch it how many subtle jokes past you by at first.

Tales from the Crypt
Futurama (damn the reruns- I own the DVDs- I want weekly episodes again!)

Two more DVDs I plan to own! Futurama holds a place in my heart right there with the simpsons, and Tales from the Crypt was something I wasn't really *suppose* to watch when I was little, but my dad let me sometimes. I'd go to bed scared! Lol!

An on and off show for me, I really liked it though! The apathic theme song and voice acting caught my attention.

My husband and I still both say, "Thank you kindly."

Huh! I get made fun of a LOT for saying that! I never saw the show, but I never knew it was from a show to begin with. It was a habit I contracted just because sometimes I felt saying "thank you" was so generic and unappreciated anymore. Very interesting!!

Quantum Leap

Man, I miss that show.

A show before my time.. I was too young to appreciate what was happening, but nevertheless I watched intently when my dad did.

Fond memories. Watched it from a small girl too young to understand the humor and serious parts, all the way up to now when I appreciate the re-runs that I haven't seen or can't remember.

The Golden Girls.

(not really)

:rofl1: Nice!