• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

What shows do you wish were still on the air?

ed111

MBTI Type
INTJ
The Young Ones
Monty Python
The Equalizer

Agreed (except the equalizer)

Good shout out for Futurama earlier and Frasier ... how could they end those shows ? Arghh we're consigned to endless re-runs now.

Also, Columbo is one of my favourites!

digesthisickness

✿ڿڰۣஇღ♥ wut ♥ღஇڿڰۣ✿
MBTI Type
ENTP
that goes without saying, but we can still share what we wish could happen.

ed111

MBTI Type
INTJ

ed111

MBTI Type
INTJ
Whilst I think about it, it's a shame there aren't any more series of BlackAdder (season 2 was my favourite with queenie mmm). Apparently though, Blackadder is a bit of a 'man thing'. Are there any female fans out there, or do you think it's tosh?

wolfy

awsm
Whilst I think about it, it's a shame there aren't any more series of BlackAdder (season 2 was my favourite with queenie mmm). Apparently though, Blackadder is a bit of a 'man thing'. Are there any female fans out there, or do you think it's tosh?

I was just going to post Blackadder. I like season two as well. But I'm a guy.
Those youtube clips are hilarious. :D

heart

heart on fire
I like Blackadder.

I used to like Monty Python when I was 11-13 but then I outgrew it for some reason and I can't stand it now.

I really like Are You Being Served? but I think they did pretty much all that they could do with it and do not wish it were still being in production.

wolfy

awsm
I really like Are You Being Served? but I think they did pretty much all that they could do with it and do not wish it were still being in production.

How many pussy jokes could Mrs Slocombe do?

ed111

MBTI Type
INTJ
I like Blackadder.

I used to like Monty Python when I was 11-13 but then I outgrew it for some reason and I can't stand it now.

Funny you should mention that, as i was discussing the nurse of 'young' Mr. Grace with a relative the other day. We both commented on how marvelous she was.

Also, a few years ago now, I heard a superb drum and bass version of the theme tune to Are You Being Served on the radio, and I'm determined to find it one of these days.

John Inman's character was superb, and the show contained more pussy jokes than any other show before the watershed.

Tallulah

Emerging
MBTI Type
INTP

I adore Blackadder. One of my favorites of all time. I love the Queenie season and the Prince Regent season best. :wubbie: I never thought about it being more "man humor." But then I'm not British, so I only know a few people that watch it.

ed111

MBTI Type
INTJ
I also wish there were more 'Adventures of Sherlock Holmes' with Jeremy Brett who has sadly passed on. This is surely the best adaptation of Conan Doyle's work ever produced.

One fears Guy Richie's Sherlock will be appalling.

miss fortune

not to be trusted
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
I'm somewhat ashamed to admit it, but I miss Molto Mario on the Food Network- it was more informative than many cooking shows (with exception to Good Eats) that are on there!

kiddykat

movin melodies
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4, 7
Definitely, My So Called Life for me. The show ended abruptly. Even after all these years, I'm still in love with it! =D

Other shows or programs I wish could air on a regular basis:

Nick-at-Night
Three's Company
The Mary Tyler Moore Show
In Living Color

Doug- the cartoon
Ren & Stimpy
Beavis & Butthead

(Thank God for Youtube)

quietmusician

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
Bring Pushing Daisies back! Anyway...I wish Buffy was still on. Plus where did Medium go?

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Profit.

I miss that show :(
Jesus, I didn't know anyone knew about it. Awesome writing, waaaaaay before its time. Probably wouldn't be canceled now if it was on HBO/Showtime. People think a sociopathic Dexter was ground-breaking, but it totally wasn't.

Sigh.

Firefly and Angel. Not Buffy because I think it ran its course. Once and Again, Freaks and Geeks, Wonderfalls, My So-Called Life, Veronica Mars and Everwood.

Pre-emptively (because it's F*x): Dollhouse.

Yes, I watch far too much TV.