• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Best revenge stories and revenge tragedies

Lark

I particularly like revenge stories and tragedies as a genre, I wonder if anyone else does too and would like to recommend any?

I'm thinking film, books and other media, all media and content in fact.

My personal favourite, for a long time, has to be The Count of Monte Cristo, he doesnt simply either had skillz or develop skillz and pop off and kick those the ass of those that did him wrong, he spends years and while he did come into treasure at one point it is his investment decisions and business savy that put him in a position to take his opponents down. Its a story of resourcefulness aswell as revenge.

While its definitely a story of "revenge as a dish best served cold" its definitely not a story of "before you seek revenge dig two graves" as the protagonist does not waste their life in the pursuit of satisfaction or is not left when they have claimed revenge wondering what to do with their life (which is what the character who has made revenge their purpose in The Princess Bride does).

I'm not sure of a Shakespearan play about revenge but I maybe havent thought about it too much, it does appear to be an idea that has preoccupied mankind as much as love or any of the other major themes, like nation, family, community, altruism, sacrifice etc.

rav3n

Not into revenge tales but the best one so far that I've seen, would The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo. I've only seen the American version and have heard that the Swedish original version was better.

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
3w4
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Thinner was a good revenge movie. It's more satisfying imo than the Count of Monte Cristo, which I also really liked.

Firebird 8118

DJ Phoenix
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Thinner was a good revenge movie. It's more satisfying imo than the Count of Monte Cristo, which I also really liked.

Ooh really? I mean, I love the Count of Monte Cristo (I've read the book as well). Never heard of Thinner though, might check it out :D

Amberiat

Infinity
807232.gif

The Cat

Just a Cat who hangs out at the Crossroads
Staff member
Hamlet.

Sweeney Todd.

The Monk.

The Prestige.