• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Where is the best resort to relax for a holiday? Maldives, Bora Bora or Blue Lagoon?

Where is the best resort to relax for a holiday?

• Bora Bora

Votes: 2 50.0%
  • Maldives

Votes: 2 50.0%
  • The Blue Lagoon

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Billionaires

Bora Bora
XO3wMm8.jpg

2c4Tk4a.jpg

Maldives
MqKmdWJ.jpg

dyqRC8d.jpg

Blue Lagoon
sGqDaL4.jpg

2OruT1H.jpg

Lark

They actually look similar, in so far as they are all boardwalk, beach accomodation, although I have to say that I've seen those pics of the Maldives lots and I'd really like to holiday there on the strength of them.

Although there's one thing that I'm not sure about and that's that these totally deserted bar one person pictures are likely to be holiday that awaits you, I've seen plenty of pics which show deserted locations and then flip it and show it during the peak holiday times when cheap vacations are available and they look like extremely crowded and hellish places.

(Big fan of the novel/movie The Beach here)

Peter Deadpan

phallus impudicus
I'd say pass on the Blue Lagoon, lest you find yourself suddenly stranded and in an incestuous relationship with your sister and a fate of eternal slumber by poisonous berry.

rav3n

Not sure why Blue Lagoon was included since it's very different from the other two.

Maldives is more luxurious and catering. Bora Bora, a bit more raw. If you're into tourist shopping and sight seeing, neither is much of a cultural experience since the surrounding areas are sketchy so stay in your resort. They both have killer snorkeling, diving and assorted other water premised activities like fishing, jet skiing, etc.

At present, there's political upheaval in the Maldives. Earlier this year, the government issued a state of emergency warning but that's been lifted.

Doctor Cringelord

MBTI Type
I
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
The only time I could afford to go would be the time I’d least want to go. I bet those places fill up with some obnoxious tourists. I’d rather get a cabin in Yellowstone

or go to Malta or Japan if I really want crowds

Billionaires

The only time I could afford to go would be the time I’d least want to go. I bet those places fill up with some obnoxious tourists. I’d rather get a cabin in Yellowstone

or go to Malta or Japan if I really want crowds

They are secluded places except for Blue Lagoon.

Doctor Cringelord

MBTI Type
I
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Crystal Lake, New Jersey. I hear they have some nice cabins and fun activities like paintball, hide-and-seek and skinny dipping.

ceecee

Coolatta® Enjoyer
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
8w9
Hawks Cay, Duck Key. Just went in January - the FL Keys are one of the best places to vacation and since other countries have basically told US travelers to get bent - no passport worries. I prefer renting a house or cottage vs staying at a resort but this one is super nice and has something for everyone.

lodavyes

The blue lagoon and Bora Bora look just incredible. Do you know if there is an opportunity to get to such a beautiful resort in 2021? Many hotels and inns are still not working and it is not clear when they will start. Probably when the quarantine is over everything will start working again. But unfortunately, it is still not clear when the pandemic will finally end, Before the quarantine, my family had many plans, for example, to visit a place like harbour holiday houses and just go to Egypt. Probably everyone faced exactly the same injuries as I did.

Last edited:

highlander

Administrator
Staff member
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Hawks Cay, Duck Key. Just went in January - the FL Keys are one of the best places to vacation and since other countries have basically told US travelers to get bent - no passport worries. I prefer renting a house or cottage vs staying at a resort but this one is super nice and has something for everyone.
I didn't stay there but visited it. Stayed at a cabin across the way many years ago. Do they still have the dolphin lagoon?