• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

PC Dinosaurs In Jurassic Park

Crabs

Permabanned
Dinosaur Kill Count

Disposable men: 40+

Women: 1

Children: 0

InGen needs to hire all women and children to operate their park and there would be no more casualties.

Crabs

Permabanned
It cracks me up at 2:46 during the Pterosaur attack how Claire is standing on top of a cart and none of them bother to grab her, but Owen gets targeted while standing on the ground next to her. Then she saves him from certain death.

Also...she outran a T-Rex in high heels. Derp.

Last edited:

Crabs

Permabanned
If I'm stuck on a dinosaur island, I'd rather have a girl who took gymnastics by my side than a unit of male soldiers with weapons.

Bush

cute lil war dog
Enneagram
3w4
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
IIRC the dinosaurs are cloned from female dinosaurs, yeah? Maybe they're part of the zeroth wave feminism.

Seems to me that in stalker and horror films, it's intentionally made more disturbing by killing off women at least in proportion to men, if not more. You know, playing on feelings of vulnerability and stuff. But in action movies it's all about body count. You want to put women and children in danger for suspenseful moments in those movies, but killing them isn't necessary and would be too gratuitous, you see. Same reason why you can have a bunch of body parts flying around so long as there's no bare nipple exposed on one of the chunks of flesh.

Broken out like that, it seems.. well, slightly dumb. Yes, slightly.

I don't know when or if we'll ever get to the point where there's equal gender representation in dinosaur maulings in movies. We might see one where we figure our that the dinosaurs are simply misunderstood though.

Crabs

Permabanned
IIRC the dinosaurs are cloned from female dinosaurs, yeah? Maybe they're part of the zeroth wave feminism.

Yes, they were all female in the first movie. A feminist dino utopia...until life found a way.

Seems to me that in stalker and horror films, it's intentionally made more disturbing by killing off women at least in proportion to men, if not more. You know, playing on feelings of vulnerability and stuff. But in action movies it's all about body count. You want to put women and children in danger for suspenseful moments in those movies, but killing them isn't necessary and would be too gratuitous realistic, you see. Same reason why you can have a bunch of body parts flying around so long as there's no bare nipple exposed on one of the chunks of flesh.

Broken out like that, it seems.. well, slightly dumb. Yes, slightly.

FTFY ;)

It's the law of nature, you see. The weak are the first ones to die.

I don't know when or if we'll ever get to the point where there's equal gender representation in dinosaur maulings in movies. We might see one where we figure our that the dinosaurs are simply misunderstood though.

I want to see more women and children getting mauled in Fallen Kingdom. I've had enough of these feminist dinosaurs, damnit!

Clevergirl.jpg

Doctor Cringelord

MBTI Type
I
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Also, don't forget the dog in The Lost World. And the sheep in Jurassic Park. Not sure what their sexes were though.

Doctor Cringelord

MBTI Type
I
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
If I'm stuck on a dinosaur island, I'd rather have a girl who took gymnastics by my side than a unit of male soldiers with weapons.

even better, a unit of female gymnasts with weapons, a la whatsherface in the Resident Evil films.

Doctor Cringelord

MBTI Type
I
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I guess Lara Croft is a gymnast of sorts.

Dinos wouldn't stand a chance against her.

Actually IIRC she did have to fight dinosaurs in one of the early games. Maybe it was the first one? The really boring one where most of the enemies are animals.

EDIT: just watched the vid :laugh:

I used to get a kick from making her drown

Obfuscate

Permabanned
MBTI Type
iNtP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
i think there was a t-rex fight in the first game... i haven't fired it up lately though...

Crabs

Permabanned
Dinos wouldn't stand a chance against her.

Actually IIRC she did have to fight dinosaurs in one of the early games. Maybe it was the first one? The really boring one where most of the enemies are animals.

EDIT: just watched the vid :laugh:

I used to get a kick from making her drown

You sick bastard!

I used to enjoy making her swim to get an extreme closeup between her legs.

i think there was a t-rex fight in the first game... i haven't fired it up lately though...

Yes, all of her dinosaur death scenes are featured in the video above.